Chris Christie is reconsidering !!!!!!!

Christie decides not to run for president | Reuters

(Reuters) - New Jersey Governor Chris Christie will announce on Tuesday that he will not run for president in 2012, ending weeks of feverish speculation that he might shake up a wide-open Republican race with a dramatic late entrance.

Christie's decision, Republican sources said, was to be unveiled at a news conference in the New Jersey state capital of Trenton at 1 p.m. (1700 GMT). The move followed days of meetings with advisers on whether he could swiftly put together an organization and mount a credible campaign.
The way this reads to me is -- he might not even be making the announcement now...just letting the statement stand?

"was to be unveiled at a news conference" ?? huh?

Edit: I must be just reading this wrong, and they meant to say "is to be announced.."

Last edited:
I know many are really enamoured with Christie just as I was, but I got to thinking, he hasn't been vented well, and how much do I NOT know? Not sure if I want him to chance it with Cain and Gingrich in the running. They have been pretty well vetted so far...

I liked Perry, but his two mistakes on illegals and the std shots for young girls changed it for me. Too big of mistakes.
Christie is such a popular, likeable ,charismatic,figure that just the chance that he might run threatens the left !! if they had anything on him they would have released it by now !!!!:eusa_eh:

Great post!

Who and/or what were those "credible sources" that assured that Christie was actively considering it?

Can one of you RWers with that belief please share that?

Thanks.

Last edited:
he's not running !!! so we can stop the speculation !!! but the chance of him being picked for a running mate for whoever gets the nod in Jan is still out there, and could strengthen the chances of a Possible 16 yr occupation of the white house by the GOP !!!:eusa_angel:

Who and/or what were those "credible sources" that assured that Christie was actively considering it?

Can one of you RWers with that belief please share that?

Thanks.

How about Christie himself, in the speech he gave today. Your welcome.

sources say Christie is reconsidering about staying out of the presidential race !!lwith an almost certain win by the GOP over Obama in 2012 and kick in the fact that conservatives,independents,and moderates are going to turn out in record numbers to vote for whomever wins the primary Christie knows that the biggest battle will not be in defeating Obama but winning the GOP nomination !! and with his blunt ,direct way of getting his point across that Americans love this guy could very well do it !!!:cool:

I guess it makes since, a man as fat as christie would take some time to fade from view.

he's not running !!! so we can stop the speculation !!! but the chance of him being picked for a running mate for whoever gets the nod in Jan is still out there, and could strengthen the chances of a Possible 16 yr occupation of the white house by the GOP !!!:eusa_angel:

God its scary how true this statement is.

Forum List

Back