Chris Christie for President?

Any chance of him entering the fray? Can he win?

I think he will probably run, and may very well win.

I don't think he's going to run. I think some Republicans are pressuring him to jump into this race--and he really shouldn't at this time.

Same thing happened to Rick Perry--I think more than likely he was pressured to enter this race--and he was and is completely un-prepared to meet the National Stage.

Christie--like Perry would bomb out after a couple of debates simply because they are unprepared to run for President.

Christie has been good on some things. He has a mixed record in other things.

When are people going to wake up and realize were never going to get the Candidate we want. Nobody is going to be Good on all things. Everyone is going to have something in their past that seems wrong to us.

The Perfect candidate for one person, is going to be to extreme or not Extreme enough for someone else.

Christi is popular, and fresh, and I think has what it takes to right the ship.

Who the fuck said anything about demanding a perfect candidate?

Tolerating imperfections is fine by me.

Tolerating too much imperfection is not.

There is very little point in embracing a Christie candidacy only to belatedly discover that he has some serious motherfucking baggage which might prevent him from defeating President Obama.

There is a degree of imperfection which we cannot tolerate.

Every GOP candidate (including Ron Paul whom I do not much like) is fucking preferable to President Obama. But not if the nominee cannot defeat President Obama in his bid for a second term. That kind of IS job one.
Surely ANY of the GOP candidates is preferable regarding da Immacculated ONE...but to me it would be preferable to get it right out of the gate than to suffer the slings and arrows of another RINO/McCain too willing to go to the other side of the aisle and be thought of by leftists as a Maverick for thwarting Conservatives/ism and Liberty.

Telling the truth about someone isn't a "smear campaign".

An example of a "smear" campaign would be to insist that someone wasn't born in this country, even with a birth certificate and birth announcements in two news papers. Or saying someone who worked their way through college and received honors is dumb because they are black and so their grades must be a lie. Those are smear campaigns. Or calling a Christian a Muslim.

Saying that someone weighing 400 lbs plus took a helicopter ride to a little league game and took a limo for the last 100 yards isn't a "smear" if it's the truth. If they "got caught" doing this on the taxpayers dime, it's even worse, especially if they run on "fiscal responsibility". Glad Gov. Christie was shamed into paying the money back.

Then you aren't paying attention. He isn't going to run. He has said so.

And there are some questions about his conservative record as well.

New Jersey Governor Chris Christie

Chris Christie Reconsidering 2012 Run, Will Decide in Days

I'm not saying he's going to run, and I know conservatives have had some recent issues with him, but there have been rumblings that he will run..just saying.

Brit Hume said today, that he is not sure just how much of a conservative Christie really is....:eusa_whistle: Vetting, vetting, I tell you...:lol:

100% agreed---VET--VET--VET---because everyone's END GOAL is to pick the candidate that can defeat Barack Obama.

An example of a "smear" campaign would be to insist that someone wasn't born in this country, even with a birth certificate and birth announcements in two news papers. Or saying someone who worked their way through college and received honors is dumb because they are black and so their grades must be a lie. Those are smear campaigns. Or calling a Christian a Muslim.

Saying that someone weighing 400 lbs plus took a helicopter ride to a little league game and took a limo for the last 100 yards isn't a "smear" if it's the truth. If they "got caught" doing this on the taxpayers dime, it's even worse, especially if they run on "fiscal responsibility". Glad Gov. Christie was shamed into paying the money back.

Tell that to ATTACK WATCH

He should not have paid the money back...He's the number 1 executive in the state. He can take a state helicopter where ever he wants, for whatever he wants, when he wants to..

Obama has his dog fly by itself on air-force one..

EDIT: He didn't break any rules or laws.

Last edited:

He should not have paid the money back...He's the number 1 executive in the state. He can take a state helicopter where ever he wants, for whatever he wants, when he wants to..

The Obama's sent belongings, including their dog ahead on the small private jet while going on vacation. Any plane the president rides in is called "Air Force One", but this wasn't it.

It reminds of the story that Obama took a trip costing 200 million dollars a day. I bet you believed that one too, huh? You still do? Thought so.

Take a look at who actually took more vacations.

So far, President Obama has taken 61 vacation days after 31 months in office. At this point in their presidencies, George W. Bush had spent 180 days at his ranch where his staff often joined him for meetings. And Ronald Reagan had taken 112 vacation days at his ranch.

telling the truth about someone isn't a "smear campaign".

An example of a "smear" campaign would be to insist that someone wasn't born in this country, even with a birth certificate and birth announcements in two news papers. Or saying someone who worked their way through college and received honors is dumb because they are black and so their grades must be a lie. Those are smear campaigns. Or calling a christian a muslim.

Saying that someone weighing 400 lbs plus took a helicopter ride to a little league game and took a limo for the last 100 yards isn't a "smear" if it's the truth. If they "got caught" doing this on the taxpayers dime, it's even worse, especially if they run on "fiscal responsibility". Glad gov. Christie was shamed into paying the money back.

he should not have paid the money back...he's the number 1 executive in the state. He can take a state helicopter where ever he wants, for whatever he wants, when he wants to..

the obama's sent belongings, including their dog ahead on the small private jet while going on vacation. Any plane the president rides in is called "air force one", but this wasn't it.

It reminds of the story that obama took a trip costing 200 million dollars a day. I bet you believed that one too, huh? You still do? Thought so.

So far, president obama has taken 61 vacation days after 31 months in office. At this point in their presidencies, george w. Bush had spent 180 days at his ranch where his staff often joined him for meetings. And ronald reagan had taken 112 vacation days at his ranch.

bbooooooooooossssssssshhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!

If the GOP runs a too far rightwing candidate, they will have a rough time even beating Obama. Far rightwingers forget that they need the Independent vote and a majority of Independents aren't going to vote for someone extreme. A Christie or Romney or Huntsman all come off as sane versus most of the rest of the GOP field. I'd vote for any of those three. Yeah I know, I'm nothing but a moderate Independent. And the far right despises people like us Indie/Mods even though most folks think like us. And yes, I'm in that much sought after "swing voter" voter group who will elect the next President.

Last edited:

The Obama's sent belongings, including their dog ahead on the small private jet while going on vacation. Any plane the president rides in is called "Air Force One", but this wasn't it.

It reminds of the story that Obama took a trip costing 200 million dollars a day. I bet you believed that one too, huh? You still do? Thought so.

So far, President Obama has taken 61 vacation days after 31 months in office. At this point in their presidencies, George W. Bush had spent 180 days at his ranch where his staff often joined him for meetings. And Ronald Reagan had taken 112 vacation days at his ranch.

My point still stands on Christie.

Who's vacations coast tax payers more? just saying.

Who quit golf, as a sign of respect for the troops? just saying.

Who has played more golf in one term than any other president? just saying.

Useless arguing with Deanybaby...He's too set, and too old to be retrained or his leash/collar controlled by Statism removed.

*Lost Cause*

Let him alone to simmer in failure he has latched on to.

Every GOP candidate (including Ron Paul whom I do not much like) is fucking preferable to President Obama. But not if the nominee cannot defeat President Obama in his bid for a second term. That kind of IS job one.

Yep, Which means we should be looking at Electability as the most important Factor. Period.

Yep, Which means we should be looking at Electability as the most important Factor. Period.
Christie is better where he is at this point in time. He isn't running. (Perry should take the hint)

We have evidence that Bush continued to play golf. Just another of his lies the right wing swallowed hook, line and sinker. This is why Republicans are so fucked up. They believe anything their masters tell them.

Quick Fact: Yes, Hannity, Bush did play golf during war | Media Matters for America

The most stressful job in the world deserves vacations. Obama has taken less than me.

He's not my first choice, but he has done a nice job as governor.....

I know he's fat, but he could conceivably overcome that weakness, because Obama is the worst incumbent since Carter, and it appears the base likes him more than anyone in the field now.

I like Perry, but the conservative establishment is moving away from him...I love Cain, but he's viewed as too risky....

Romney is the safe bet, and personally I'd rather have Christie.
Christie has unfinished business to conduct. He isn't running. I won't vote for Romney...he has Liberal baggage, and I cannot vote for Perry...he's stepped on himself too many times.

Romney and Perry are NOT the front runners by anyone's real choice...but by Media/Repubican elite manipulation. The choice of Cain in Florida sent a clear message to both the Repubicans and the Media...the people are in charge this time. WE refuse to have another McCain debacle.

The wookie suiters say Ron Paul is the real front runner. You say Cain. I say straw polls are bullshit.
Currently there is no front runner because no real elections have occurred. But I think Perry will take it. He connects well and in the coming months he will do intervews, speeches, etc where he will show much better. Being good at debates is not a qualification for president.
And when it comes down to it you will pull the lever for Perry, warts and all. The alternative is too horrible.

As for Christie, he is anti 2A, pro global warming. Outside of NJ he isn't a republican. He needs to stay there and finish off the unions and get the state under better management.

Last edited:

EDIT: He didn't break any rules or laws.

Nobody said that Christie broke any rules or laws. I actually agree that Christie should not have paid that money back. In fact he should put out a press release saying, "Fuck you. I'm the big cheese and will do damn well whatever I want and, like it or not, will send you taxpayers the bill."

Serious question....Do you REALLY believe that Obama sends his dog by himself on Air Force One? :confused: Your answer could be very telling.

I try not to judge folks by their looks, but every time I see Christie I think ... dude ... if you want to run for President, you need to drop 100+ lbs before making your announcement. The pressure and stress will kill 'ya! That being said, I think Christie is better off staying in NJ.

Any chance of him entering the fray? Can he win?

I think he will probably run, and may very well win.

Is this really the wish of an intelligent human being? You guys are way past pathetic. Tell the truth...you hate Obama so much that you would vote for a chimpanzee ...right?

Get a clue sparky...Obama failing does not equal a win for America. You actually have to come up with a BETTER more qualified candidate. I wish there was one left in the GOP..but since you have purged all of the sane rational leaders out of the party you are left with religious fundamentalist fuckwits... Funny how it works that way when you let religion take over.

Forum List

Back