Chris Christie Calls Out Dems and Repubs

Zoom-boing

Platinum Member
Oct 30, 2008
East Japip
Some don't like Christie because he makes no apologies for telling it like it is, regardless of whether people want to hear it or not. :clap2:

New Jersey’s Republican Governor Chris Christie spared no punches Wednesday, lashing out at both Republicans and Democrats for what he calls their failure to face the country’s fiscal issues.

“I look at what’s happening in Washington D.C. right now and I’m worried. I’m worried," Christie said to a crowded room at the American Enterprise Institute, a conservative think tank in Washington.

The flamboyant Garden State governor says leaders aren’t talking about the toughest and most important problems America faces, and he calls their silence on fiscal issues a political strategy being played by both Republicans and Democrats.

“The president’s not talking about it because he’s waiting for the Republicans to talk about it,” Christie said. “And our new bold Republicans we just sent to the House of Representatives, they’re not talking about it because they’re waiting for him to talk about it. Let me suggest to you that my children’s future and your children’s future is more important than some political strategy. Let me suggest to you that what game is being played down here is irresponsible and it is dangerous. We need to say these things and we need to say them out loud. ”

In his remarks, Christie, who was elected in 2009 as the first Republican governor of New Jersey in 12 years, said his management style is to “[fix] problems in a blunt and direct way." And he criticized elected leaders who are unwilling to tackle difficult issues, like entitlement reform.

“When we say we’re cutting spending, when we say everything’s on the table, when we say we mean entitlement programs, we should be specific.”

And he talked specifically about Social Security reforms.

“Here’s the truth that nobody’s talking about. You're gonna have to raise the retirement age for social security,” he said. “Whoa, I just said it, and I'm still standing here. I did not vaporize.”

Christie also criticized what President Obama called “big things” in his State of the Union speech last month, saying things like the proliferation of high-speed rail and internet are the “candy of American politics” and aren’t where attention should be focused.

“Those are not the big things,” he said. “Because let me guarantee you something, if we don’t fix the big things, there ain’t going to be electric cars on the road. [There’s] gonna be no high speed internet access and if there is, you’re not going to be able to afford to get on it. We’re not going to be able to care about the niceties of life, the investments Washington wants to make.”
Christie points to “three big things” he’s started in New Jersey that need to spread across the country.

“It’s restoring and maintaining fiscal sanity. It’s getting our pension and health benefits under control, reformed and have the costs lowered, and it’s reforming and education system that costs too much and produces too little.”

And Christie says those are issues that that both Republican and Democratic governors face. As an example, he points across the Hudson to New York’s new governor Andrew Cuomo.

“You have me elected in New Jersey in 2009, as a conservative Republican in one of the bluest states in America, and across the river, you have the son of a liberal icon who is saying the exact same things that I’m saying.”

He went on to note some specific issues governors across the country are dealing with.

“These problems and issues are not partisan. They are obvious. And they are long overdue to be solved. And that’s why you see Andrew Cuomo, or for god’s sake, even Jerry Brown in California, talking about reducing the salaries of state workers by 8-to-10 percent.”

Read more: Chris Christie Calls Out Democrats and Republicans on Fiscal Issues - FoxNews.com

Some don't like Christie because he makes no apologies for telling it like it is, regardless of whether people want to hear it or not. :clap2:

New Jersey’s Republican Governor Chris Christie spared no punches Wednesday, lashing out at both Republicans and Democrats for what he calls their failure to face the country’s fiscal issues.

“I look at what’s happening in Washington D.C. right now and I’m worried. I’m worried," Christie said to a crowded room at the American Enterprise Institute, a conservative think tank in Washington.

The flamboyant Garden State governor says leaders aren’t talking about the toughest and most important problems America faces, and he calls their silence on fiscal issues a political strategy being played by both Republicans and Democrats.

“The president’s not talking about it because he’s waiting for the Republicans to talk about it,” Christie said. “And our new bold Republicans we just sent to the House of Representatives, they’re not talking about it because they’re waiting for him to talk about it. Let me suggest to you that my children’s future and your children’s future is more important than some political strategy. Let me suggest to you that what game is being played down here is irresponsible and it is dangerous. We need to say these things and we need to say them out loud. ”

In his remarks, Christie, who was elected in 2009 as the first Republican governor of New Jersey in 12 years, said his management style is to “[fix] problems in a blunt and direct way." And he criticized elected leaders who are unwilling to tackle difficult issues, like entitlement reform.

“When we say we’re cutting spending, when we say everything’s on the table, when we say we mean entitlement programs, we should be specific.”

“Here’s the truth that nobody’s talking about. You're gonna have to raise the retirement age for social security,” he said. “Whoa, I just said it, and I'm still standing here. I did not vaporize.”

Christie also criticized what President Obama called “big things” in his State of the Union speech last month, saying things like the proliferation of high-speed rail and internet are the “candy of American politics” and aren’t where attention should be focused.

“Those are not the big things,” he said. “Because let me guarantee you something, if we don’t fix the big things, there ain’t going to be electric cars on the road. [There’s] gonna be no high speed internet access and if there is, you’re not going to be able to afford to get on it. We’re not going to be able to care about the niceties of life, the investments Washington wants to make.”
Christie points to “three big things” he’s started in New Jersey that need to spread across the country.

“It’s restoring and maintaining fiscal sanity. It’s getting our pension and health benefits under control, reformed and have the costs lowered, and it’s reforming and education system that costs too much and produces too little.”

And Christie says those are issues that that both Republican and Democratic governors face. As an example, he points across the Hudson to New York’s new governor Andrew Cuomo.

“You have me elected in New Jersey in 2009, as a conservative Republican in one of the bluest states in America, and across the river, you have the son of a liberal icon who is saying the exact same things that I’m saying.”

He went on to note some specific issues governors across the country are dealing with.

“These problems and issues are not partisan. They are obvious. And they are long overdue to be solved. And that’s why you see Andrew Cuomo, or for god’s sake, even Jerry Brown in California, talking about reducing the salaries of state workers by 8-to-10 percent.”

Read more: Chris Christie Calls Out Democrats and Republicans on Fiscal Issues - FoxNews.com

Every time

EVERY DAMN TIME

I hear or read one of his speeches or see what he is actually doing in NJ, IN NEW JERSEY, I pray, I get a little religion in me and pray that he runs for President.

Every time

EVERY DAMN TIME

I hear or read one of his speeches or see what he is actually doing in NJ, IN NEW JERSEY, I pray, I get a little religion in me and pray that he runs for President.
You obviously don't live in NJ.
Christy is a lying POS bully who fucks up everything he touches and then blames everyone else.

We need a President who will Lead, not wait to be led ( out of politics ) in hopes that the other party will make all the decisions and screw it up. We need someone who will make the hard decisions that need to be done, and will provide the action BEHIND his words. No more of this "pay - as - you - go" to nowhere.

Last edited:
Shakles-- the FatMan must be drafted in the Republican Convention-- he won't do it as he's said he'll commit suicide before running now-- but u have to wonder-- i'm all for Christie/Ryan in 2012-- Regards, probus ps. notice how NO ONE is touting Palin anymore?

I like this guy from what I've read. After reading this OP I looked up some of the criticisms against him and there all politically motivated and shallow. It seems to me like this guy is blunt and too the point. I tells things like they are and doesn't beat around the bush when it comes to answering a question. This is exactly what we need in a President.

Shakles-- the FatMan must be drafted in the Republican Convention-- he won't do it as he's said he'll commit suicide before running now-- but u have to wonder-- i'm all for Christie/Ryan in 2012-- Regards, probus ps. notice how NO ONE is touting Palin anymore?

He's fat, you're stupid. He can change his problem, what you gonna do about yours?

As long as both parties can use it to spin their election chances? It will continue. The Governor is quite correct.

<clip>

I still like him and I think he'll stay out of the race this time. Especially since Ann Colter is supporting him. :lol:

That alone has to get you questioning your stance.

I like him as well.

I like folks who aren't afraid to speak their mind and he sure falls into that category. To bad the Clowns in DC don't take a page out of his playbook. He's only saying what we all know. Everything, including entitlements should be on the table for the axe.

I don't think 2012 will be his year though. He's committed to NJ for now.

Every time

EVERY DAMN TIME

Christy is a lying POS bully who fucks up everything he touches and then blames everyone else.

I live in Bethlehem Pa, and I know the only people that hate him are unions stooges.

Why do union stooges hate him?

B/c he calls them out of thier fucking bullshit lies and proves them to be the economy killing, money grubbing scum that they are.

Every time

EVERY DAMN TIME

Christie is a lying POS bully who fucks up everything he touches and then blames everyone else.

I live in Bethlehem Pa, and I know the only people that hate him are unions stooges.

Why do union stooges hate him?

B/c he calls them out of thier fucking bullshit lies and proves them to be the economy killing, money grubbing scum that they are.
Former GOP governor Frisky Todd Whitless raids the union pensions to pay for her 30% tax cut and who does the lying fat man blame for the pension shortfall, the unions. The teacher unions made compromises for the "Race to the Top" education grant that would have won the $400 million fed grant, Christie created his OWN plan because he didn't want to be "perceived" as caving to the unions, who had compromised on everything Christie wanted except ONE very minor thing, and the fat man's plan lost the grant, who did he blame and then fire, GOP CON$ervative Bret Schundler, the education commissioner who had gotten the union to compromise and accept nearly everything Christie wanted.

It's Christie who hates the unions and was out from day one to break the unions, not the other way round!!! But as everyone knows, the CON$ervative Brotherhood always blames the victims of CON$ervative hate for CON$ervative hate.

When NJ got hit with a very heavy snowfall during the fat man's vacation, the pathological liar repeatedly said he was in constant phone contact and having a phone with him on vacation it was no different than if he was in the state, so to defend him, the strongly GOP supporting Asbury Park Press decided to check how many times Christie called Trenton expecting to get evidence that supported Christie. What they found was the lying fat man never called Trenton even once!!!! NOT ONCE!!!!

When Christie canceled the much needed tunnel project so he could transfer the project's money to his transportation slush fund and keep NJ's unemployment high so the GOP can attack Obama for high UE, and he refused to return the money that the federal government had already contributed to the project, what does the anti big government leech do next? He begs FEMA for money which NJ was not eligible for to cover the expense of the snow removal.

Why does the America hating CON$ervative Brotherhood Love the fat liar?????

Last edited:
Former GOP governor Frisky Todd Whitless raids the union pensions to pay for her 30% tax cut and who does the lying fat man blame for the pension shortfall, the unions. The teacher unions made compromises for the "Race to the Top" education grant that would have won the $400 million fed grant, Christie created his OWN plan because he didn't want to be "perceived" as caving to the unions, who had compromised on everything Christie wanted except ONE very minor thing, and the fat man's plan lost the grant, who did he blame and then fire, GOP CON$ervative Bret Schundler, the education commissioner who had gotten the union to compromise and accept nearly everything Christie wanted.

Christie didn't just blame the unions but also the way things have been run for the last twenty years.
As for the deal you have it backwards. It went against everything Christie was pushing. You should have heard his supporters howling when they thought he caved. By the way what Christie is pushing is the same thing Obama is pushing. Teacher accaountability.

When Christie canceled the much needed tunnel project so he could transfer the project's money to his transportation slush fund and keep NJ's unemployment high so the GOP can attack Obama for high UE, and he refused to return the money that the federal government had already contributed to the project, what does the anti big government leech do next? He begs FEMA for money which NJ was not eligible for to cover the expense of the snow removal

The tunnle was a boondoggle that would have cost untold billions in cost overruns. Plus the tunnel was being built in the wrong place and was worthless. Amtrak had plans to build a new tunnel next to the old ones and this is finnally getting started.
And how is Nj not elligible for the money for snow removal? It was an emergency and even Obama agreed.

Ed is right, I'm sure his motivations are different than mine (I have never and will never vote for a democrat) but here's the article.

Gov. Christie seeks $53M from FEMA for N.J., counties' expenses from blizzard | NJ.com

He went to the federal government with his hand out for $53 million, either make your own cuts or suck it up and deal with the snow.

NJ has been on the teet for so long they don't have the supplies to take care of snow emergnecies.

Hopefully he won't need help next time, or at least a lot less.

if not, he just another goper that talked the talk.

Ed is right, I'm sure his motivations are different than mine (I have never and will never vote for a democrat) but here's the article.

Gov. Christie seeks $53M from FEMA for N.J., counties' expenses from blizzard | NJ.com

He went to the federal government with his hand out for $53 million, either make your own cuts or suck it up and deal with the snow.

NJ has been on the teet for so long they don't have the supplies to take care of snow emergnecies.

Hopefully he won't need help next time, or at least a lot less.

if not, he just another goper that talked the talk.

Yeah until he proves otherwise he's just a guy with nice sounding speeches, we've got enough of those in washington and elsewhere.

Having watched Christie for over eight years he is his own advocate and his own worst enemy. He is a hard worker and expects the same from those around him. He is a rarity in NJ in that he has some basic ethical standards and applied them equally to Dems and Repubs when he was prosecutor

His problems in running for President will emerge in the next few years as he maintains visibility. NJ tends to eat its politicians and Christie will be no different. Christie also has personality flaws that will catch up with him. He is unable to take criticism without attacking back harshly. He has an ego to match his girth and does not take kindly to those who disagree with anything he says. He also has a tendency to bully that will not bode well for a future President

Forum List

Back