"choose words more carefully"

soosie

Rookie
Apr 14, 2009
Obozo refuses to apologize to the Cambridge police he insulted, but said he should "choose words more carefully". He's used this dodge before, remember? Insulting everyone's intelligence, implying that there was a misunderstanding as to what he said. There wasn't - he called them stupid.

He pulled the same thing about Sotodirtbag's racist "wise latina" comment, saying she should "choose words more carefully". Again, that was a dodge - the racist implication of what she said was crystal clear.

I'm trying to remember - I think he used the same half-assed evasion other times.

• Thanks
Reactions: 007
Obozo refuses to apologize to the Cambridge police he insulted, but said he should "choose words more carefully". He's used this dodge before, remember? Insulting everyone's intelligence, implying that there was a misunderstanding as to what he said. There wasn't - he called them stupid.

He pulled the same thing about Sotodirtbag's racist "wise latina" comment, saying she should "choose words more carefully". Again, that was a dodge - the racist implication of what she said was crystal clear.

I'm trying to remember - I think he used the same half-assed evasion other times.

I remember back in the good old days when we said what we meant, meant what we said, and didn't try and spin what we said later. Nowadays, we still say what we mean and mean what we say, but spin it when it sounds bad.

• Banned

There was the Special Olympics comment.

Yes....I'm sure the moronic comments will continue with Obama and the libs excusing him for them.

Yes....I'm sure the moronic comments will continue with Obama and the libs excusing him for them.

I don't really give a damn about stupid words. I give a damn about stupid actions.

But hey, you guys go ahead and knock yourselves out with the penny ante poker game you seem to be engaged in.

I don't really give a damn about stupid words. I give a damn about stupid actions.

But hey, you guys go ahead and knock yourselves out with the penny ante poker game you seem to be engaged in.
The stupid action was injecting one's self into a situation when all the facts weren't in.

If it were only republicans put off by Barry's little display, he wouldn't have come out and started backpedaling yesterday.

The stupid action was injecting one's self into a situation when all the facts weren't in.

If it were only republicans put off by Barry's little display, he wouldn't have come out and started backpedaling yesterday.

But in the grand scheme of things, does it really matter? Stupid words, prefaced by stupid actions, are one thing, but Obama isn't the king and his words towards a policeman have little effect. I certainly don't see this being the huge ordeal that cons are desperate for it to be.

When I talk about stupid actions that matter to all of us, I am talking about policy decisions that involve more than one person's feelings.

The cons aren't the only ones making a big deal out of this....The WH definitely has some internal polling which shows that a lot of people think Barry stepped in it big time, or he wouldn't have been out trying to put a lid on it the very next day.

If he's this far over his head answering such a relatively minor question in a presser, any faith in his judgment on the bigger issues takes a big hit.

The cons aren't the only ones making a big deal out of this....The WH definitely has some internal polling which shows that a lot of people think Barry stepped in it big time, or he wouldn't have been out trying to put a lid on it the very next day.

Can't argue that.

If he's this far over his head answering such a relatively minor question in a presser, any faith in his judgment on the bigger issues takes a big hit.

Or that. Hopefully he learned his lesson. The President can't just pop off with whatever comes through his mind.

On that note: my example of stupid words from a President:

"Bring it on."

Last edited:

Kinda like the rabid right when Bush spoke like an idiot? Excuses were dropped all over for everything..

Personally, I think we're screwed with him as President, but if you're reduced to commentary on something he said wrong, what's that say about YOU?

It works both ways, toots.

Kinda like the rabid right when Bush spoke like an idiot? Excuses were dropped all over for everything..

Personally, I think we're screwed with him as President, but if you're reduced to commentary on something he said wrong, what's that say about YOU?

We're just making sure the word gets out on this guy; "it's tit-for-tat, you kill my dog and I'll kill your cat"

We're just making sure the word gets out on this guy; "it's tit-for-tat, you kill my dog and I'll kill your cat"

Why?

Forum List

Back