Choose One: University or Free Speech

if a professor got up in front of a class and taught that there was nothing wrong with homosexuality, the psycho pseudo intellectual would be shrieking that the professor was trying to brainwash students.

the loon is perfectly fine with brainwashing people into hating others.

:cuckoo:

Now, now, you don't have to be afraid to use my name...'

I won't slap you around too badly.

But to save you some embarrassment, it is oh-so-juvenile to suppose and hypothesize what I might say in a given situation.

You haven't found me too shy to tell you what I think, have you?

Now lately, you have, I feel, gone over the line painting me, however peripherally, with the term 'intellectual.'
I deny same, and resent being penned with the leftist elites, for whom Dr. Sowell reserves that term:

'Modern intellectuals, Sowell writes, have a “vision of themselves as a self-appointed vanguard, leading towards a better world.”...this intellectual vanguard tends to take the “benefits of civilization for granted.” The “vision of the anointed” lacks respect for the wisdom inherent in experience and common opinion. Its practitioners value abstractions—dreams for a peaceful, egalitarian world where conflicts have been overcome—over the “tacit knowledge” available to the parent, the consumer, the entrepreneur, and the citizen."
An Independent Mind by Daniel J. Mahoney, City Journal 18 June 2010

"Burke and Tocqueville both observed a new intellectual type: thinkers inebriated by revolution and the dream of a radically new social order, and dismissive of the inherited wisdom of the past."
Ibid.

Alas, now you can see how you have hurt me to the quick...

So, on whatever path your catty-childish emotions take you...please...never place me even near the leftist appellation 'intellectual.'

Or else: don't make me go to UPPER-CASE!

Forum List

Back