• Car

Votes: 4 80.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

KissMy

Free Breast Exam
Oct 10, 2009
In your head
If you were 20 years old & could only afford a small apartment or a car. Which would you choose, a Home or Car?

Would you sleep in the car? or Get a small appartment near work & walk or ride bike to work?

I had both in my twenties, I was a bricklayer and made 10 dollars an hour. Then in 1984 the economy of oil collapsed in Oklahoma, and with no work I joined the Army full time.Then I afforded ahad a three bedroom house and a car. When I got out of the Army I bought a three bedroom house and had a car, well really a truck.

I'd get the apartment. Assuming I had enough money to buy, not rent, it would provide me with a place to stay, and I could simply take public transport.

I'd get the apartment. Assuming I had enough money to buy, not rent, it would provide me with a place to stay, and I could simply take public transport.

Public transportation is not available for this person. Possibly a small moped that does not require insurance. Buying instead of renting is a good idea since houses are at their low. She is a waitress who gets tips so I do not know how banks today view low-documented income.

Public transportation is not available for this person. Possibly a small moped that does not require insurance. Buying instead of renting is a good idea since houses are at their low. She is a waitress who gets tips so I do not know how banks today view low-documented income.
If she needs a bank she isn't actually buying anything.Your masters like to tell you you did. It's rent to own for 30 or forty years and praying it's worth more when the real owner finally issues title.
I wouldn't do either.
Find a restaurant with the most expensive menu(bigger tips), rent a room-just a room- close by, and be a hermit----save save save for ten years. Then she'll be able to "buy" something.

A car

You can always sleep in your car but you can't drive your apartment to work every day.

How far away is her workplace?

I would still go for the house - she will have a roof over her head. Having a car is nice, but not as important as a home.

How far away is her workplace?

I would still go for the house - she will have a roof over her head. Having a car is nice, but not as important as a home.
Me too, she should buy a house close to work and walk or bike. 10 years later the car will be junk, but the house will be worth double. License, tax, title, insurance, gasoline, tickets, tolls & maintenance on the car will eat her lunch.

Forum List

Back