Choice: EPA that sucks $1 trillion from the economy or Military?

My, you fellows are really full of shit. So you want this nation to have the same pollution controls as China. What a fine vision for this nation.

We are way ahead of China in environmental protection & polutuion prevention. The cost of this is why we can't compete with them.

'Mountains' of rubbish hauled out of China's Three Gorges Dam

"The garbage was so thick in parts of the river that people could walk on the surface"

Seems like this would be the time to lean on them over environmental matters. It's also an on-point example of why the EPA SHOULDN'T be abolished.

This Whitehouse has no balls & neither did the Bush one. It is abundantly clear to the Chinese people that they have a pollution mess but they will not burden their manufacturing industry with this because they will lose their trade advantage. We just continue to hemorrhage jobs as the stalemate continues.

My, you fellows are really full of shit. So you want this nation to have the same pollution controls as China. What a fine vision for this nation.

We are way ahead of China in environmental protection & polutuion prevention. The cost of this is why we can't compete with them.

"The garbage was so thick in parts of the river that people could walk on the surface"

Seems like this would be the time to lean on them over environmental matters. It's also an on-point example of why the EPA SHOULDN'T be abolished.

The EPA is out of control and has severely overstepped its authority. It needs to be cut way back. Its budget should be reduced to the size it had at the beginning of the Bush Administration. Every new regulation it has issues since that date should be repealed. It should not be allowed to additional regulations without Congress voting on them.

The environment in this country is as clean as it needs to be. The only effect that any tightening of regulations will have is job destruction.

It is the polluting industry that is draining the money....... as always.

They operate without ethics and in fiance of regulations. Put the white collar polluters in jail as the only way to keep them from polluting.

Private industry is the problem!!!

what ya gonna replace private industry with communist creature?

Clean collar jobs which will likely be made up of the small business model.

Think clean collar industry.

Waterways are loaded with fish that we should not eat. That's right dead rivers.

One of the worlds dead river:

mississippi-river-dirty

The Mississippi River is a major economic and natural resource for the heartland of the United States. The river drains nearly 40% of the continental United States, including its central farm lands and carries an estimated 1.5 million metric tons of nitrogen pollution into the Gulf of Mexico each year

America's Most Endangered Rivers™ has become a powerful tool for saving these important rivers, by emphasizing solutions for these rivers and their communities.
Each year, too, we like to point out some successes, too. Here are just a handful of success stories from previously listed endangered rivers:

Elwha River: Washington (listed 1992, 1995)
Threat: Two dams
Victory: Our advocacy and the America's Most Endangered Rivers™ spotlight helped spur the decision to remove two outdated dams on Washington’s Elwha River in Olympic National Park. These dams have blocked the river for close to 100 years and have decimated salmon runs. Today, deconstruction is on schedule to begin this fall and will restore more than 70 miles of river, from mountains to sea.

North Fork of the Flathead River: Montana (listed 2009)
Threat: Proposed mines and oil and gas drilling
Victory: Mining and oil and gas drilling proposals in British Columbia endangered the pristine North Fork of the Flathead River, its native fish and wildlife, and recreational opportunities in and around Glacier National Park. In 2010, Montana Senators Baucus and Tester, Governor Schweitzer, along with American Rivers and our conservation partners convinced the government of British Columbia to save the river and ban mining and oil and gas drilling.

Big Sunflower River: Mississippi (listed 2002-2004)
Threat: Wetlands destruction and river dredging
Victory: For almost 70 years, the Army Corps of Engineers tried to push through a plan to drain more than 200,000 acres of wetlands in northwestern Mississippi to enhance production of subsidized crops. American Rivers played a lead role in convincing the Environmental Protection Agency to abandon the proposal, ensuring the river and its wetlands will continue to provide natural flood protection benefits and critical wildlife habitat.

It would be impossible to save endangered rivers without the dedication of our local partners and supporters like you. We are dedicated to saving this year's endangered rivers — and all of our nation's rivers — and we hope you will join us in sharing the story and sounding the alarm on May 17.

I am old enough to remember an America without pollution controls. Rivers caught fire or turned to sudsy green slime from phosphates, Black soot poured from smokestacks, 18 wheelers-more black soot, midnight toxic dumping all over the damned place, it sucked. Our nation had a porous patchwork of state regs that were apparently not working at all. Nixon was a dishonest SOB but the EPA, at least, was the right thing to do. People who say they want to ditch the EPA deserve a big ice cold glass of oily, dioxin tainted sludge.

The EPA is out of control and has severely overstepped its authority. It needs to be cut way back. Its budget should be reduced to the size it had at the beginning of the Bush Administration. Every new regulation it has issues since that date should be repealed. It should not be allowed to additional regulations without Congress voting on them.

The environment in this country is as clean as it needs to be. The only effect that any tightening of regulations will have is job destruction.

Yeah! So let's go back to fucking it up again.

Yes let's nationalize ALL businesses because ALL businesses are immoral.
All business owners are evil.
All businesses operate with ruthless unconcern for customers!
So who would pay
1) employer share of social security 6.2%
2) employer share of Medicare 1.45%
3) Unemployment taxes .8%
4) income taxes (9% of all tax receipts from business profits)
5) State taxes
6) local taxes
7) property taxes

Yes because all businesses are evil and the ONLY trustworthy wise spenders are the elite central planning committees that have been so successful around the world!

Commie backed econuts are driving this country into the ground and you idiots are fine with that.

Top Secret message intercepted by British Intelligence:

Learn Chinese for Free. .... We teach Everybody.....Happy Endings..... for all!!! One China!!! Remember... in end.... One China.... Best Fortunes To Barack Omama.... Without which .... this would not.... be possible.... Best Fortunes to you Barry.... remember.... Happy Ending for You.... Always free.... We Remember You help us. One China!!! We rule World!!!..... We give you really good time Barry..... No Pay .....we give you best girls too!!!!!...... Always free for you!!!!!! One China!!!! :D

Link: We're Fucked .com

all departments will have to be cut.

and i'm usually a small government person (which is why there is no party for me) but i am (somewhat) big government when it comes to food, air and water. i don't wanna breath, eat or drink stuff that's gonna kill me or give me some disease that can't be healed (due to a company saving a couple of bucks). i don't want the FDA or the EPA to have carte blanche, i just want them to make sure the stuff doesn't have crazy crap in it (like asbestos).

all departments will have to be cut.

and i'm usually a small government person (which is why there is no party for me) but i am (somewhat) big government when it comes to food, air and water. i don't wanna breath, eat or drink stuff that's gonna kill me or give me some disease that can't be healed (due to a company saving a couple of bucks). i don't want the FDA or the EPA to have carte blanche, i just want them to make sure the stuff doesn't have crazy crap in it (like asbestos).

Ya....like neo-conservatism. :eek:

The EPA protects us from domestic sources of danger.
But since those sources are primarially corporations the right will never unerstand this.

The premise of this thread is absurd anyway. Currently, the U.S. spends more on the military than the entire rest of the world combined. We could cut the military budget by something on the order of 75% and still have no worries about being "taken over" by any foreign power, because we would still have the strongest military on the planet and could take on anyone -- just not everyone, all at once, ganging up on us.

It is the polluting industry that is draining the money....... as always.

They operate without ethics and in fiance of regulations. Put the white collar polluters in jail as the only way to keep them from polluting.

Private industry is the problem!!!

what ya gonna replace private industry with communist creature?

Clean collar jobs which will likely be made up of the small business model.

Think clean collar industry.

Waterways are loaded with fish that we should not eat. That's right dead rivers.

First, small businesses are private industry?

Second, "clean collar", as you call it, on the scale that you're talking about is a pipe dream . For instance; do you have any idea how much energy it takes to create solar panels, or the types of toxins that the process leaves behind, or that the materials needed to create solar panels are not infinite?

Please do your homework before posting. You sound very ignorant with posts like this one.

I am old enough to remember an America without pollution controls. Rivers caught fire or turned to sudsy green slime from phosphates, Black soot poured from smokestacks, 18 wheelers-more black soot, midnight toxic dumping all over the damned place, it sucked. Our nation had a porous patchwork of state regs that were apparently not working at all. Nixon was a dishonest SOB but the EPA, at least, was the right thing to do. People who say they want to ditch the EPA deserve a big ice cold glass of oily, dioxin tainted sludge.

I agree that the EPA has helped, but it's overstepping it's bounds and could stand a little reigning in. Labeling a naturally occurring substance that trees need to live as a pollutant was one of the stupidest things I've ever heard?

The EPA protects us from domestic sources of danger.
But since those sources are primarially corporations the right will never unerstand this.

Corporations can be sued big time for any illness their products or processes cause. Air pollution is about the only form of pollution that can't be controlled by tort law. Most of what the EPA does simply isn't necessary.

Forum List

Back