Annie

Diamond Member
Nov 22, 2003
http://mypetjawa.mu.nu/archives/111050.php

Lots of links:

« How we Lost the War on Terror | Main
August 09, 2005
Suicide Bomber Blows Up Bus in China: Government Covers Up

Bloggers from China are reporting that a suicide bomber has blown up a bus in Fuzhou City, Fujian Province, at around 2:30pm, August 8th. According to Peacehall.com, police have confiscated the cameras of those who took pictures. I first learned of this from Aaron at Hagganah Internet.

Bloggers in China have uploaded many pictures from the incident, though. Aaron, from Internet Hagganah, has archived many of the photos here. More pictures archived here and here and here. We have reproduced some of the photos below, some of which are graphic.

The official story is that only one person was killed, but from the 'unofficial' pictures, it is clear that at least three were killed--probably a lot more.

I have not seen much MSM coverage of this, although it seems like a big deal. Here is how China Daily reports the story:....more

Said1 said:
Not totally shocking, lots of dissent in China as of late.

Yeah, but the question is, what if Muslim?

Highly doubtful that it is a Muslim suicide bomber as it is on the wrong side of China (you would think the Central Asian part is where suicide bombing may yet become a scourge of China). It would be interesting to see how this turns out. Robert D. Kaplan and others have noted the severe disconnect between the prosperity of coastal China and the rest, especially those regions populated with "minority majorities" who seem to get angrier with every passing year. This may yet become a serious problem for China, and I doubt they would cover it up if it was a muslim attack. They would hype it up for all it was worth to justify harsher oppression of muslim minorities.

NATO AIR said:
Highly doubtful that it is a Muslim suicide bomber as it is on the wrong side of China (you would think the Central Asian part is where suicide bombing may yet become a scourge of China). It would be interesting to see how this turns out. Robert D. Kaplan and others have noted the severe disconnect between the prosperity of coastal China and the rest, especially those regions populated with "minority majorities" who seem to get angrier with every passing year. This may yet become a serious problem for China, and I doubt they would cover it up if it was a muslim attack. They would hype it up for all it was worth to justify harsher oppression of muslim minorities.

very true

NATO AIR said:

I posted a few things on the topic awhile back. Too lazy to dig them up. Something about protestors and cops getting roughed up in some rural location. I forget now. :coffee3:

Forum List

Back