Chinese struggle hard for living!

appleface

Rookie
Mar 13, 2011
Firstly, I am a pure chinese ,27,male, graduate from a college ,preparing to get the MBA degree in a domestic university.
I read the topic"will china take the NO.1 place of US?" , the first reflect was "ha ha ha,what a big joke! The China can't catch the US for the 200 years at least! From the economy,politics,education,democracy,military,environment protect etc ,there are huge distance to reach the level which US get now.:(
Maybe you will refute my opinon with the GDP statistics which show the GDP of China surpass Japan for NO.2 just behind the US in 2010.But you should know the good data was building on the exploitation of cheap millions workers and plunder of nature resource immoderation. Actually,the average wage of workers is 2000 yuan(about 300$) a mouth.working 10 hours or longer a day.4 days for rest a mouth.Maybe you will say "Christ! It's break the labour law which working time is 8 hours a day. I want to sue the factory.HI,Man, here is China,not American,the corruption court won't accept your request anywhere.You quit? casual you.China lack anyting except human!1.5 billion Chinese now,you don't do the job, others scrambing for the position. Feed our mouth is most important ting not to struggle for human right.
The US always criticize the Chinese goverment don't give human right to the people,I agree,Most chinese agree too,but we can do nothing,We have only one Communist party .
you discontent for policy,you will in prison.For example,the 1989 tian'an men event.hundreds college student were killed.(of course,this never disclose in Chinese media,no editor dare to do so excepting he want to suicide).
The other aspect, we should notice the worse environment we living. Peking and other northern cities will have sand rain in March and April.Falling from the sky is sand not water!:eek:how can you imagine that.Overexpliot of resourse and grazing made the tragedy happened.
I am a chinese,should hope our country better,but the reality really make me down and most people down too.That's why the elite class immigrate to US,UK to find a better environment for living and working.
Finally,my big's dream is to live in US for severval years,yeah, the American dream!

Yes, people seem to forget all of these factors, and I too believe China won't surpass the US as the number one economy. I think people in the west tend to forget how good they've got it. I don't just mean today or yesterday, but overall. Thank you for your sharing your post.

yes, thank you for sharing your post....

I can see how feeding oneself is the number one concern of the workers, vs human rights....and that it is not because the people there do not want them, but there is no civil means to fight for them, due to the oppression of your government.

People everywhere want things to get better for themselves. In closed political systems, that usually means stomping on the voiceless.

there are arguments here that making deals with governments such as china does not enhances the lives of the workers there, and the the lower living standards and pay rates of the folks in poorer countries are just used as an excuse to lower wages and standards here. THere are those on this board who would argue that trade with China means that you are supporting the communist party there in an effort to weaken the rights of the workers here.

My personal feeling is that you can't just trade cash for goods. And moving a factory overseas also means moving information overseas as well. Information that the old men in Peking may not like the average chinese worker to know about.
I don't believe a closed system such as china can ever hope to compete with an open system on a per capita basis. In order for China to get wealthy again, it must free itself from single party rule.

The rulers face the conundrum that the more power they want, the more they must give up. A closed system depends on poverty to maintain itself, but that poverty also weakens the power of the country to dangerous levels.

It will be interesting to see how China makes this work. The russians under Gorbochev botched it badly. The folks in Peking don't want to see the same kind of disaster for themselves.

The russians under Gorbochev botched it badly. The folks in Peking don't want to see the same kind of disaster for themselves.

Yes, well, those Russians didn't own the US massive debt. And we may have agreed to normalize econ relations with Russia after 80 years of embargo, but we still haven't done so.

We resumed normalized relations with China at least 15 years ago.

Night and day.

konkon looks like a chinese too. we have the same opinion. I Can feel this from the style of your words. not the structure of pure US-English.Maybe you are a scientist immigrator living in US,deduce from your portrait! right?

New Topics

Forum List

Back