Chinese Stock Market Also Took A Dump Today

/——/ Oh you’re 100% correct. American made clothes fit better and last longer and I avoid the imported crap as much as possible. Sadly the last US TV manufacturer, Philco, moved overseas decades ago.

Yes, it did.. Why do you think that is?

You see, you are kind of hitting on the main problem with Trump's policy. He wants to punish American consumers for choosing Chinese products. What we need to be doing is finding ways to make American industry more competitive.

Instead, Trump has put on the "Redneck Tax", but the rednecks are too stupid to realize they are the ones being punished.

View attachment 260943
MAGA!!!!!

Cramer: Trump no longer cares if his China policies hurt American businesses
/——/ Cramer is more worried about Apple being hit by tariffs.

/——/ Oh you’re 100% correct. American made clothes fit better and last longer and I avoid the imported crap as much as possible. Sadly the last US TV manufacturer, Philco, moved overseas decades ago.

You see, you are kind of hitting on the main problem with Trump's policy. He wants to punish American consumers for choosing Chinese products. What we need to be doing is finding ways to make American industry more competitive.

Instead, Trump has put on the "Redneck Tax", but the rednecks are too stupid to realize they are the ones being punished.

View attachment 260943
MAGA!!!!!

Cramer on CEO reaction to China trade war — some think Trump is 'stupid,' others want to stop him

View attachment 260943
MAGA!!!!!

Cramer on CEO reaction to China trade war — some think Trump is 'stupid,' others want to stop him
Trump is doing a sterling job of blowing off the pseudo-sciences that predominates among the talking heads of the MSM. AGW is always one of the examples cited but when it comes to markets you can go for weeks watching the market channels without touching upon increasing returns or the fact that reinvested dividends and covered option premiums are the major source of market growth. Cramer who was trained as a lawyer not an economist is clueless as to what causes the market to go up or down. The tariff free zones only go back to the British corn laws at or about the time of the potato famine. They rarely work for any appreciable length of time. modern monetary theory has blown up many economies from the start of its premiere. China has pulled off a little too much crap since Nixon brought it back into the world economy and the tariffs are simply a way to provoke a warring states period. In the meantime Sino-phobic reactions in Asia are building up again. If Trump runs with the coupists investigation the D donor circuit will crumble and ASEAN will gain a lot of growth from China dealing with Tariff walls that do not apply to them.

Here's the problem from my prospective, which reflects 25 years of Supply Chain Experience.

Let's say I run company XYZ. I buy widgets from China that I put in my machines. Then the Trumpenfuhrer raises my costs by 25% with a tariff.

Am I going to go out and try to resource these widgets from an American company? Probably not. It takes time for them to design, build, prototype and test new parts that may or may not work in my machines, and I have to get machines out tomorrow!

So essentially, Trumpenfuhrer has made my operating expenses higher, which I am going to have to make up by maybe laying people off, maybe cutting back hours, maybe reducing benefits. Or maybe I end up passing along my cost increases to my customer, who may or may not want to buy a new machine this year.

Of course, even if I do find an American company that can make my widgets, there's no incentive for him to match China's price. All he really has to do is get just below the Tariff price.

So...you consider it a win if other stock markudy ets as well as ours crash..........ever study the 1929 Market crash?

Of course it's a win if the crash too. Just look, at the numbers. Our stock market dive was biglyer than China's! Winning! Are you tired of it yet?
The Stock Market is up over 2,000 points since your post.

Trump Predicts "Markets Will Go Up Today"

2019-10-16%20%282%29.jpg

Forum List

Back