Chinese Respond to Doping Accusations

Discussion in 'Asia' started by SayMyName, Aug 1, 2012.

1. SayMyName

SayMyName Live, Love, Laugh.

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +158
    China is responding to doping accusations by American swimming coaches at the London Olympics. They say the accusations are unfair, and an extreme bias on the part of Americans who are sore at losing. China now leads in gold medals as of this date. They also respond that they never made the same accusations of Phelps when he swam to 8 golds at the Peking Olympics in 2008. Are the accusations fair or not?

Ye Shiwen's father attacks 'arrogant west' after remarks over Olympic win | Sport | guardian.co.uk

2. Colin

Colin Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,660
    How can it be considered fair when the swimming coach as good as accused the Chinese swimmer of cheating. Given that the first five finishers in every event are tested for performance enhancing drugs he should have kept his trap shut rather than airing his non-founded suspicions to the world's media. If he wanted to lodge a complaint he should have gone through the appropriate channels. Is it any surprise that he's being called a sore loser by the Chinese. I would say he has exhibited an extreme example of not only poor judgement, but poor sportsmanship too.

3. waltky

waltky Wise ol' monkey Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3,888
    More doping athletes caught...
    [​IMG]
    Chinese, Polish and Bulgarian athletes sanctioned for doping
    Aug 12,`16 -- A Chinese swimmer, a Polish weightlifter and a Bulgarian steeplechaser were expelled or suspended Friday from the Olympics for doping, the first athletes sanctioned after failing drug tests at the games.

4. Unkotare

Unkotare Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +11,900
    And yet.....

5. waltky

waltky Wise ol' monkey Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3,888
    Gene Doping the Next Cheating by Athletes?...
    [​IMG]
    Gene Doping Could Be Next Step in Cheating by Athletes
    August 19, 2016 - Doping scandals marred the runup to the Rio Olympics and other games of the recent past. Now, scientists warn that cheating could rise to a new level using genetic research.
    See also:

Athlete Talks About Using Performance-enhancing Drugs
    August 19, 2016 — Adam Gusky never contemplated using performance-enhancing drugs, or PEDs, while he was a top high school football player in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, 20 years ago — but that changed when he turned semi-pro. "I thought to myself, what can I do to make myself a better player on the field while not affecting myself generally as a person off the field," Gusky said.