Chinese missle launch 35 Miles off CA coast: A message to u.s.?

You do when the sun reflects off a polished aluminum skin.

Someone's really reaching here.
Sunlight doesn't reflect off polished aluminum? Really?
The speed of the object in the video seems to be that of a short range missile. Early in the boost phase, it starts out slow and accelerates. I don't see anything about the speed of the object in the video that disqualifies rocket propulsion.

I'm not even trying to guess what KIND of missile it is. I just know that what I'm looking at is rocket propulsion of some type.
What you "know" is incorrect. The object is not accelerating; it's travelling at a constant rate. Rockets under boost don't do that. Furthermore, there is no glow from a hot exhaust behind it until it gets higher. If it's a rocket, why are there no visible combustion gases throughout the whole video? Especially since the "missile" is supposed to be headed out to sea, away from the camera?

This video has a still photo of US Airways Flight 808 out of Honolulu headed to Phoenix. It's virtually identical to a still in the video.

Officials Say "Mystery Missile" a Plane | Featured Videos | Comcast.net

:lol: Ok dude.

There's no way that was a jet. Not with the red and orange flame coming out the back. If everones first thought is that was a missle.....Then it probably was.
Didn't you see the press release? UPS jets have afterburners now. :lol:
Then you know that "missile" will never reach very far, because it's moving far too slowly. It's travelling no faster than, say, an airliner.
You must know that missiles like that travel in the transonic range, multiple times the speed of sound. An airliner does maybe 600 mph?

C'mon Daveman, you can't always be a "Company Man" can you? :lol:

Someone's really reaching here.
Sunlight doesn't reflect off polished aluminum? Really?
The speed of the object in the video seems to be that of a short range missile. Early in the boost phase, it starts out slow and accelerates. I don't see anything about the speed of the object in the video that disqualifies rocket propulsion.

I'm not even trying to guess what KIND of missile it is. I just know that what I'm looking at is rocket propulsion of some type.
What you "know" is incorrect. The object is not accelerating; it's travelling at a constant rate. Rockets under boost don't do that. Furthermore, there is no glow from a hot exhaust behind it until it gets higher. If it's a rocket, why are there no visible combustion gases throughout the whole video? Especially since the "missile" is supposed to be headed out to sea, away from the camera?

This video has a still photo of US Airways Flight 808 out of Honolulu headed to Phoenix. It's virtually identical to a still in the video.

Officials Say "Mystery Missile" a Plane | Featured Videos | Comcast.net

:lol: Ok dude.
Well, goodness, I guess I just can't compete with expert analysis based on "I seen a couple." :cuckoo:

There's no way that was a jet. Not with the red and orange flame coming out the back. If everones first thought is that was a missle.....Then it probably was.
Didn't you see the press release? UPS jets have afterburners now. :lol:
Then you know that "missile" will never reach very far, because it's moving far too slowly. It's travelling no faster than, say, an airliner.
You must know that missiles like that travel in the transonic range, multiple times the speed of sound. An airliner does maybe 600 mph?

C'mon Daveman, you can't always be a "Company Man" can you? :lol:
I'm just wondering about the practical utility of a missile that can be engaged and destroyed by a fighter armed with Sidewinders or 20mm cannon.

I suppose this is a bad time to mention the numerous US missile launches from California that routinely come down in the Pacific Ocean near China?

Think the Chinese might find a message or two in that?

Oh really? :lol: :lol: :lol:

Maybe you can show us on Google Earth?

Google Maps
Easy.

Steps 21 and 36 are particularly cunning. The Chinese will suspect nothing.

I suppose this is a bad time to mention the numerous US missile launches from California that routinely come down in the Pacific Ocean near China?

Think the Chinese might find a message or two in that?

Oh really? :lol: :lol: :lol:

Maybe you can show us on Google Earth?

Google Maps
Easy.

Steps 21 and 36 are particularly cunning. The Chinese will suspect nothing.

Well thank You for clearing that up Dave, Good Job! :lol:

What message could they be sending? They already own the Republican Party.

considering the events of the last few days one must wonder whether this was a North Korean sub launched missile intended to send a message and the world didn't take notice.

:lol: It wasn't a missile, you moron.

And besides, they only have room in their back pockets for one party.

So you show something from 1996? That's hilarious. And you call ME a moron? Let me show you how things change:

Unfair China Trade Costs Local Jobs

Between 2001 and 2008, 2.4 million jobs were lost or displaced, including 91,400 in 2008 alone, despite a dramatic decline in total and bilateral U.S.-China trade deficits that began in the second half of that year.

Chamber emerges as formidable political force - Politics - Decision 2010 - msnbc.com

The country's largest business lobby has pledged to spend $75 million in this year's elections. That's on top of a lobbying effort that already has cost the organization nearly $190 million since Barack Obama became president in January 2009.

US Chamber of Commerce lobbyist moderated panel on outsourcing American jobs: report | Raw Story

----------------------------------------

Oops, it may have been Democrats in 1996, but since then, it's ALL Republicans. I know you must be SO proud.

So you show something from 1996? That's hilarious. And you call ME a moron? Let me show you how things change:
Thanks for the thread hi-jack moron.

I could start a thread about how much I like grilled cheese sandwitches and rdean would probably post something like this:

"Yeah, well, those sandwiches would be even tastier if the Republican Party wasn't owned by the Wisconsin Cheese Lobby!" :evil:

:lol: It wasn't a missile, you moron.

And besides, they only have room in their back pockets for one party.

Between 2001 and 2008, 2.4 million jobs were lost or displaced, including 91,400 in 2008 alone, despite a dramatic decline in total and bilateral U.S.-China trade deficits that began in the second half of that year.

Chamber emerges as formidable political force - Politics - Decision 2010 - msnbc.com

The country's largest business lobby has pledged to spend $75 million in this year's elections. That's on top of a lobbying effort that already has cost the organization nearly $190 million since Barack Obama became president in January 2009.

US Chamber of Commerce lobbyist moderated panel on outsourcing American jobs: report | Raw Story

----------------------------------------

Oops, it may have been Democrats in 1996, but since then, it's ALL Republicans. I know you must be SO proud.
Yes, I'm sure Chinese waiters were giving a thousand dollars each to Hillary out of their own pockets. :lol:

You just keep pretending Democrats are completely innocent, despite all evidence to the contrary. I'd expect nothing less from you.

Forum List

Back