Chinese Exclusion Act

Solace

Rookie
Oct 29, 2010
What are your thoughts on the Chinese Exclusion Act of 1882? This law banned the immigration of Chinese people from the United States. This made Chinese people the only people not allowed to immigrate to the United States. I for one think it's a part of our history that we should not be so proud of. What's your take on this?

Would you like to know more: Chinese Exclusion Act - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

1zvwq2u.jpg

What are your thoughts on the Chinese Exclusion Act of 1882? This law banned the immigration of Chinese people from the United States. This made Chinese people the only people not allowed to immigrate to the United States. I for one think it's a part of our history that we should not be so proud of. What's your take on this?

Would you like to know more: Chinese Exclusion Act - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

1zvwq2u.jpg

With so little information I have no opinion, this needs to be put in context, I would have to study the newspapers of the time, read books by the politicians, basically no in the correct context.

With no other information I must trust that those in the past did the best the could given the circumstances of the history in which they lived.

All too many of our ancestors were extremely racist. That kind of thinking was hardly in line with the ideas expressed in our Declartation of Independence.

Forum List

Back