Chinese dissident coming to America.

Trajan

conscientia mille testes
Jun 17, 2010
The Bay Area Soviet
Credit were its due, I was critical of Obamas handling of the Chen Guangcheng issue, I never thought we should have trusted the Chinese to let him go or guarantee his or his families safety.

Good job.:clap2:

Blind Chinese dissident heading to U.S.
May 19, 2012 | 12:06 am

BEIJING -- Blind Chinese dissident Chen Guangcheng left for the United States on Saturday in the latest chapter of a dramatic odyssey that began with his escape a month ago from house arrest and flight to the U.S. Embassy.

A van with blacked-out windows whisked the 40-year-old activist, his wife and two children to the airport from a Beijing hospital, where he was being treated for a foot broken during the escape. Evading a scrum of journalists, the family waited in a VIP area until the United Airlines flight bound for Newark, N.J., departed shortly before 6 p.m. Beijing time.

The sudden departure came as a surprise as Chen and family were still in the process of applying for passports. Although he had been told to keep his bags packed, Chen was not informed until a few hours before departure that they would be leaving Saturday.

more at-

Blind Chinese dissident heading to U.S. - latimes.com

I am sure all you righties are extremely pleased about this..

Blind Chinese Dissident Leaves on Flight for U.S.

By ANDREW JACOBS

Published: May 19, 2012

BEIJING — Chen Guangcheng, the blind lawyer who made an improbable escape from virtual house arrest and whose decision to seek refuge in the United States Embassy here jolted American-Chinese relations, left China aboard a commercial flight bound for Newark on Saturday.
http://www.nytimes.com/2012/05/20/w...son8.nytimes.com/pages/world/asia/index.jsonp

What?

Conservatives are not pleased about this?

This was the guy that Conservatives said Obama threw under the bus.

Well..he's coming here.

I'll help you guys out..

Here..just listen to this tune.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aXAU4MmMIMo]Social Distortion - I Was Wrong - YouTube[/ame]

What will he do when he figures out that his activism is going to be treated worse here than it was in Chiina! He won't even be able to see what the liberals are throwing at him!

Well well well..

Blind Chinese Dissident Leaves on Flight for U.S.

By ANDREW JACOBS

Published: May 19, 2012

BEIJING — Chen Guangcheng, the blind lawyer who made an improbable escape from virtual house arrest and whose decision to seek refuge in the United States Embassy here jolted American-Chinese relations, left China aboard a commercial flight bound for Newark on Saturday.

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/05/20/w...son8.nytimes.com/pages/world/asia/index.jsonp

Does it suck to be wrong every single time?

:lmao:

Although he's coming here, does he know how he will eventually be treated once he engages in the same kind of activism here as he did in China? His only friend will be Rush Limbaugh! Chen is not a poliical dissident, he is a pro life anti abortion activist. In a week he'll be accused of killing George Tiller.

It's not like he's going to get away with giving talks on the evils of killing babies at US colleges and Universities.

If you mean that obama tried to throw Chen under the bus, and Hillary ran out of China like her hair was on fire to get away from the whole issue, yes, I agree obama failed. China has sent a pro life activist who was protesting China's abortion policies to the United States so WE can have him here protesting OUR abortion policies. Then China can have diiplomatic tiffs over the abysmal way we treat Chinese citizens when Chen gets thrown out of universities and off college stages.

Chen probably has no idea that the US is even more pro abortion than China is. He probably thinks this is still a free country. The only difference is, instead of abortion being a government policy, it's a social policy. The amount of pressure is the same. Instead of some faceless politician, we have Sandra Fluke.

Forum List

Back