Chinese are Rude

Well I don't understand Mandarin or Cantonese, or any of the other languages of China- if you do- you certainly have the advantage of me.

But.....I do have a friend who has lived in China for over 20 years and IS fluent in Mandarin- and has travelled all over China- and he doesn't find the Chinese rude as a people. And he loves the Chinese people- but not the Chinese government.

I have stayed at nice hotels- and yes- they are polite there- more polite than many hotels in Europe. But I have wandered through streets in small towns in China, and big cities- and never had a problem, other than turning down the usual offers of massage (that has changed- 15 years ago never got those offers). I have traveled by train and taxi's and the subway- by the way the people riding the subway in Shanghai are as polite as people riding the subway in New York City.

So base upon my experiences and your experiences- you just appear to either attract rude Chinese- or you just perceive all Chinese as rude.

And I don't.

Nor does my friend who has lived in China over 20 years and is fluent in Mandarin.

Sounds to me like what we have here is your personal prejudice.

So, all I'm suggesting is that my experience of China might be a little more "Chinese" than your view.

Where have you lived in China and for how long?

I don't give personal information out on the internet, and especially on a website like this.
So base upon my experiences and your experiences- you just appear to either attract rude Chinese- or you just perceive all Chinese as rude.

And I don't.

Nor does my friend who has lived in China over 20 years and is fluent in Mandarin.

Sounds to me like what we have here is your personal prejudice

No, you're not reading what I'm writing.

I didn't say ALL Chinese are rude. I said the Chinese are Rude. There's a difference. The latter is a generalized view, which holds up. It doesn't include all Chinese people.

Do I attract rude Chinese people? Maybe, maybe that's because I've seen real Chinese society, not some white washed version. I can't comment on your experiences, but it seems you've not been looking at the evidence I posted as to what is rude about the Chinese.

So your friend who has lived in a tier 1 city which is very international in comparison with other cities.

I'll give an anecdote. A western person I knew who lived in a tier 2 city went to Shanghai and got annoyed because nobody really looked at him any more. He's that sort of guy, the sort who loves girls looking at him. The city he was living in I felt was one of the more progressive cities where people look at westerners less. Now imagine a city below that.

Again, you're basing your view of what someone who has lived in Beijing has told you, and your own experiences from visits to, what I'm assuming at this point are, main cities.

You are transparently building on assumptions in an attempt to justify your prejudice.

I hate Orientals :( HATE!!!

Sent from my VS415PP using Tapatalk

Hating people just because of where they come from is ridiculous. Within any group you'll find people you like and people you hate.

Some people in the place you live (town, city etc) you'll hate, and people in Lesotho, or Taiwan, you'll get on well with.

That's just human nature.
what I really meant is I hate USMB Oriemtals- PoliticalChic & Unkotare

Sent from my VS415PP using Tapatalk

"what I really meant is I hate USMB Oriemtals (sic)- PoliticalChic & Unkotare"

A true and abject lack of education exhibited in the above, explains the poster's outlook.

Disgusted Traveller Spots Passenger Napping With Bare Feet - So Throws His Shoes In Bin

"
Travelling can be a test of patience at the best of times – even without your fellow passengers annoying you.

So when a man took off his shoes and socks for an airport nap, it was all too much for one fellow traveller.

The ‘vigilante’, who said such behaviour showed a lack of respect, simply picked up the man’s footwear threw it in a bin."

Even the Chinese know there are a lot of Chinese who are rude too. Here's another example.

You know what's funny? You're willing to jump on my ass, take the high ground, and yet you've spent no time trying to understand the points I'm making.

That's not my problem at all. You continue to think I'm a bigot, I don't give a shit.

So, you've been in China repeatedly and had no problems. Maybe you just haven't been in China long enough for the issues I'm talking about to take effect, or maybe you stay in nice hotels where they lick foreigners's asses, and go around in taxis, and understand nothing anyone is saying to you right in front of your face.

I, on the other hand, know when a Chinese person is talking about me, and I've been in enough elevators, on enough subways, seen enough people spitting, seen enough selfishness to last me a life time.

But then again I guess I've seen the real China, and you've seen the nicey nicey China.

Well I don't understand Mandarin or Cantonese, or any of the other languages of China- if you do- you certainly have the advantage of me.

But.....I do have a friend who has lived in China for over 20 years and IS fluent in Mandarin- and has travelled all over China- and he doesn't find the Chinese rude as a people. And he loves the Chinese people- but not the Chinese government.

I have stayed at nice hotels- and yes- they are polite there- more polite than many hotels in Europe. But I have wandered through streets in small towns in China, and big cities- and never had a problem, other than turning down the usual offers of massage (that has changed- 15 years ago never got those offers). I have traveled by train and taxi's and the subway- by the way the people riding the subway in Shanghai are as polite as people riding the subway in New York City.

And I don't.

Sounds to me like what we have here is your personal prejudice.

So, all I'm suggesting is that my experience of China might be a little more "Chinese" than your view.

Where have you lived in China and for how long?

I don't give personal information out on the internet, and especially on a website like this.

And I don't.

Sounds to me like what we have here is your personal prejudice

Forum List

Back