China’s Xi Jinping Speech Seen as Move to Fill Global Leadership Role

Yes come Jan 20th there will be a big vacuum in world leadership

DAVOS, Switzerland—Chinese President Xi Jinping’s strong defense of globalization at a speech at the World Economic Forum was depicted here as an effort to fill a vacuum being created by the U.S. stepping back from a global leadership role.

China’s Xi Jinping Speech Seen as Move to Fill Global Leadership Role

A fellow Rice graduate who also has a post-grad degree in international economics
sent me this link that expires in February (1 hour video on Xi Jinping's background
as a child laborer and ideology supporting Free Trade and global economic development)

The World According to Xi Jinping | ARTE in English

Obviously I don't keep up with this stuff.
And how it's a major shift if the leader of China is supporting
Free Trade.

My issue is the workers at the bottom still aren't allowed freedom to use the capital
that is amassing to help build housing, schools and services to serve their own communities.

Isn't all the money made by huge corporate leaders still controlled by China to fund their military and govt?
So it isn't the free trade that is helping individual owners and workers, right?

Isn't it just the same top down communist controlled China, using the resources and labor of its
mass workforce to have more power as a monarchist type govt.

Where are the plans to help invest in democratic self-govt and development by the workers
in their own communities and districts?

Are we going to see any of that coming out of talks of economic and environmental reforms?
Are both China and US posturing for power, while people doing the work and running
businesses are forced to fund govt controls and not in control of our own resources and decisions to build
sustainable democratically run districts and programs locally?

Forum List

Back