China's thrilled: Obama to Ax going to moon and developed Rockets to take us there

Jan 17, 2010
Mississippi
This is not good and this is more bad news for NASA, especialy coming on the 43rd anniversary of the Apollo 1 fire and one day before the 24th anniversary of the Challenger explosion. We will retire the shuttles this year and now he wants to Ax the Moon Mission, cancel the Ares Constellation Heavy Lift Rockets already built and being tested and make NASA instead focus on Climate Change. This will make China very happy since their Moon Goal is full steam ahead and in developement. Russia will be happy because we will have to depend on them completely to ferry Astronauts and supplies to the Space Station. Shoot with no way to the Space Station, Russia or China could easily take over it if we have any differences in the future with either country.

Constellation Ships:
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OhpIS3NriHs]YouTube - NASA's Constellation Program[/ame]

White House insiders say Obama budget axes Constellation program, plan to return astronauts to the moon - OrlandoSentinel.com

NASA's plans to return astronauts to the moon are dead. So are the rockets being designed to take them there — that is, if President Barack Obama gets his way.
When the White House releases his budget proposal Monday, there will be no money for the Constellation program that was supposed to return humans to the moon by 2020. The troubled and expensive Ares I rocket that was to replace the space shuttle to ferry humans to space will be gone, along with money for its bigger brother, the Ares V cargo rocket that was to launch the fuel and supplies needed to take humans back to the moon.
There will be no lunar landers, no moon bases, no Constellation program at all.
In their place, according to White House insiders, agency officials, industry executives and congressional sources familiar with Obama's long-awaited plans for the space agency, NASA will look at developing a new "heavy-lift" rocket that one day will take humans and robots to explore beyond low Earth orbit. But that day will be years — possibly even a decade or more — away.
In the meantime, the White House will direct NASA to concentrate on Earth-science projects — principally, researching and monitoring climate change — and on a new technology research and development program that will one day make human exploration of asteroids and the inner solar system possible.
There will also be funding for private companies to develop capsules and rockets that can be used as space taxis to take astronauts on fixed-price contracts to and from the International Space Station — a major change in the way the agency has done business for the past 50 years...

See link for full article...

Guess what?

We have already been to the moon

MoonLanding.jpg

Last edited:
Not surprising. China had explored much of the world prior to the Europeans developing that capability. After looking around, they determined that there was nothing of worth outside China. Since then they've been eclipsed by the western world in economics, technology, and development.

If the United States is now doing that, and China has learned from their past mistakes, they will gain the advantage in the coming centuries.

Of course, perhaps we will see private citizens become more involved in Space flight.

We have already been to the moon....

We don't have healthcare

NASA has lost the interest of the general public.

Its a shame, we never will go 'out there' and instead waste more money on things here that don't work.

Yet another thing history will damn Barry for.

Gee.......weren't we just whining about budget deficits?

Can't see the point of the moon mission. Been there, done that, got nothing out of it except a lot of engineering lessons.

The replacement of the shuttles, that is a different kettle of fish.

Climate change studies, just a nice way of saying "Jobs for the boys."

So we tossed one stupid, replaced it with another, and skipped on the essentials.

We don't have healthcare

Actually I have been to the Doctor, every time I needed to go one was available. Ditto Hospitals etc.
I have not, however, ever been to the Moon.
And I would truly enjoy a chance to go.

You paid for your doctor....then pay for the moon trip

Many Americans can not afford to pay their doctors and lose their homes

Don't expect the taxpayer to pay your way you freeloader

We don't have healthcare

Actually I have been to the Doctor, every time I needed to go one was available. Ditto Hospitals etc.

I was pointing out the moronic caliber of your initial statement.
WE have not been to the moon.
WE do have health care available.

Pay for your own health care you freeloader.

We need the money here in this country more. If those 2 wars ever end we need to help our returning soldiers until they find jobs. Lots of people today have no jobs through no fault of their own. They need help, too.

I saw a story on CNN a few weeks ago about kids that eat ketchup packets for lunch in school because they have no lunch and no money. Kids should not go hungry. And don't forget healthcare. And people losing their homes because of a catastrophic illness.

There are so many things we need for our citizens. I think we should only go to the moon when all of the needs of Americans have been met. Let China go. If we're lucky, maybe they'll stay there.

We need to be able to do anything and everything in regards space. Giving it up is the BIGGEST MISTAKE possible. As for Budget deficits umm NASA is barely a blip on the budget.

And if he said he was going to expand the space program, you'd all be bitching about that.

I was pointing out the moronic caliber of your initial statement.
WE have not been to the moon.
WE do have health care available.

Pay for your own health care you freeloader.

WE the taxpayers have already funded six trips to the moon.

Been there, done that. Healthcare expenses are the leading contributor to bankruptcies in this country. Fix healthcare first...play on the moon when you can afford it

We don't have healthcare

So we will take that 3 billion in budget reduction from the development of our space industry, including the jobs it fosters..... take that one-tenth-of-one-percent of our annual budget (2007 - 3.0 trillion versus 3-billion) and redirect it to pay your doctor, or mortgage? Those things will not be changed, but the course of history will be, and we will only be bystanders, not participants.

Forum List

Back