China’s Nuclear Power Capacity Set to Overtake U.S. Within Decade

Obama was never serious about reducing America's carbon emissions.

China’s Nuclear Power Capacity Set to Overtake U.S. Within Decade

China is also heavily investing in solar and wind power.

China Blows Past the U.S. in Wind Power

New data from Bloomberg New Energy Finance show China installed just under 29 gigawatts of new wind energy capacity in 2015, surpassing its previous record of roughly 21 GW set in 2014. The country also accounted for more than 46 percent of all wind power installed globally for the year, eclipsing the next largest market, the United States, which added 8.6 GW (ClimateWire, Jan. 28).

China surges further ahead in solar power production

Technically, China will not surpass our Nuclear Power output in 10 years.

What is important is China just forged its first AP1000 reactor vessel. We can not do that. The USA can not make a reactor vessel, China can!

What is an ap1000 reactor vessel? Is it a good thing or a bad thing, and why doesn't the us have an equivalent?
It is the newest design by Westinghouse being built here and in China. A reactor vessel is where the fission of the fuel rods occurs. It takes Heavy Industry to build. That heavy industry was dismantled here, and rebuilt piece by piece in China. We lost the steel industry capable of forging a huge reactor vessel. We lost the heavy industry that machines something that big. It is good to be able to build bug stuff. It is bad to give away our heavy industry. We are now reliant on others.

What is important is China just forged its first AP1000 reactor vessel. We can not do that. The USA can not make a reactor vessel, China can!

Fascinating. The news, that is, that the Navy can't build aircraft carriers or submarines. Are they outsourcing those reactors to china?

20170202_122608.jpg

Fascinating. The news, that is, that the Navy can't build aircraft carriers or submarines. Are they outsourcing those reactors to china?
The navy does not use an AP 1000 reactor vessel.

Submarines, I am here, now, working on the virginia class.

What do you wish to argue.

Attachments

• 20170202_122608.jpg
    20170202_122608.jpg
    545.5 KB · Views: 141
Why are we not working on small, safe, small city size reactors that I understand we already have the technology for. Is it an engineering problem or a political problem?
There is more morney and better effiency in large plants. Politically they have created a way to teade electricity on the stock exchange. Besides, big nukes are safe.

What do you wish to argue.

You said the USA couldn't make a reactor vessel, period. You didn't specify an AP1000. The navy example shows you were wrong.

Next, I'll point out that China hasn't made any AP1000 reactor vessels. China buys them from South Korea, just like we do. Doosan Heavy Industries and Construction builds the AP1000 reactor vessels, and many other parts.

You have a problem. It's a lot harder to tell people to be scared of South Korea.

The nuclear boogieman put forward by the anti-nuke people has scared everyone away. Finally, a few nukes are being built in the US. Accidents have not directly killed anyone in the US. The older nukes were built when we still had few ideas of how nuclear power should be handled and the dangers involved. New designs have made them much, much safer than before. We cripple ourselves by worrying about nuclear waste (what if someone in 2897 finds the waste!), terrible scenarios about accidents and sabotage (what if a meteorite hits them?). Nuclear plants solve a lot of problems. But the boogieman still holds sway.

You said the USA couldn't make a reactor vessel, period. You didn't specify an AP1000. The navy example shows you were wrong.
Next, I'll point out that China hasn't made any AP1000 reactor vessels. China buys them from South Korea, just like we do. Doosan Heavy Industries and Construction builds the AP1000 reactor vessels, and many other parts.

You have a problem. It's a lot harder to tell people to be scared of South Korea.
Another MOOT post by maMOOT, need anything more be said. maMOOT, is nothing more than a liar, here is a nice example.
China Nuclear Power | Chinese Nuclear Energy - World Nuclear Association
Construction on Sanmen 1 – the world's first AP1000 unit – officially commenced on 19 April 2009. The pressure vessel, from Doosan, was installed in September 2011. The reactor was expected to begin operation in December 2014 with unit 2 less than a year later. Construction on unit 2 commenced in mid-December 2009. The pressure vessel and steam generators for unit 2 are being made in China
maMOOT, you are liar, about what I said, and about what China has accomplished.

Or continue burning the candle at both ends. Or use sensible energy sensibly.

maMOOT, you are liar, about what I said, and about what China has accomplished.

No, I was mistaken. I didn't see the more recent article.

Now, will you admit you were mistaken when you said "The USA can not make a reactor vessel"?

And will you admit that your claim that US heavy industry was all rebuilt in China was total crap?

Forum List

Back