China's Drilling for Oil in America's Backyard, Republicans Say

There is nothing to stop them and they will be soon. Do you think all their exploration and rights they have obtained from Cuba is a ruse ?

No, I don't think that. There is nothing to stop them from doing it. That doesn't mean they will or that it's feasible or that we should drill off the coast of Florida.

There is no cure for being female so your stuck.

Assuming the female is female enough, I'd be willing to offer high testoserone injections if anyone thinks that might help.

Of course, I've never cured anyone of femininity in the past, but lord knows it wasn't for my lack of trying.

Exactly. Being open minded and rational has never been a strong suit among the men that post on message boards. With a few exceptions.

Females may or may not be open minded; they are seldom rational. With a few exceptions.

June 11, 2008

(CNSNews.com) - House Republicans want the American people to know that right now -- around 60 miles off the coast of Key West, Fla. -- China is drilling for oil, thanks to a lease issued by Cuba.

But 1,200 miles north of Key West, Democrats in Washington are blocking the United States from conducting its own environmentally-safe oil and gas exploration in similar U.S. coastal areas, said a news release from House Republican leader John Boehner's office.

"By prohibiting the United States from taking part in the same type of energy exploration that the Chinese are conducting just miles off our shores, the Democratic Majority on Capitol Hill continues to prove itself complicit in an energy crisis that has saddled American families and small businesses with gas prices that have reached $4.05 per gallon today," the news release said.

"Do congressional Democrats actually believe China has more ingenuity and more concern for the environment than the United States?" Republicans asked.

On Wednesday, the U.S. Energy Department said gasoline prices are expected to remain close to $4 a gallon through 2009.

Republicans are pushing an energy plan that would expand domestic oil exploration and production; encourage the opening of new American oil refineries; and invest in alternative energy sources such as wind, nuclear, and captured carbon dioxide.

China's Drilling for Oil in America's Backyard, Republicans Say -- 06/11/2008

American Solutions - Petitions

Too late, the Dems saw through the lies after Mel Martinez squealed and it ain't gonna happen.

What lies?

That petition, only a couple weeks old, has over 650,000 signatures already.

To say "no" to new drilling isn't going to be a dem, repub thing anymore. People are pissed. If you stand in the way of it, you're more than likely NOT going to enjoy a another term if you're an elected official.

Forum List

Back