China to invade Taiwan?

johnn1

Against "Change"
Mar 9, 2009
Portland, OR
The United States has never been weaker. Our military is depleted. We have a weak president. A secretary of state who wants to blame the US. A terrible economy.

China has a growing military and economy. They no doubt want to be the new superpower. They see Taiwan as part of China.

If history is true, should we expect an invasion?

Last edited:
The United States has never been weaker. Our military is depleted. We have a weak president. A secretary of state who wants to blame the US. A terrible economy.

China has a growing military and economy. They no doubt want to be the new superpower. They see Taiwan as part of China.

Setting aside your erroneous conclusions regarding the depletion of the US military...

IF I were China and my intent was to wait for a time when the US was suffering a bout of leadership impotence... one would be hard pressed to find a better example of such a time than right now.

We can be sure that King Hussein will be unable to do a damn thing about it. Because to defend Taiwan would require a decision rooted in sound moral principle... and 'dat boy ain't got a lick of dat in him... '

I suspect that such is what Biden was eluding to when he spoke in the campaign of the boy king being tested... and the need of the left to stand behind him, because what Hussein will do will probably not be seen by many to be 'the right thing'... at first. But of course, after the Leftist Media spins it for a few weaks and time marches on and the sky doesn't fall... it'll become clear that China did the right thing and 'the antiquated agreements that the Imperial US had with Taiwan were all just wrongheaded to begin with... '

I've no information which says that is what the Reds are planning, but if they ARE... the gettin' has never been better.

Last edited:
I expect them to invade within a few years, and BO will support it.

The price will be more loans from China, BO needs the money for his waste programs, and the Chinese right now won't loan him more, so a deal will be made, taiwan will be surrendered so Obama can get his loan.

Watch for this, it will happen.

And the gain for China would be?

Time will reveal China as far less than a superpower.

China is a nation in deep trouble, with a full half of its domestic loans going into default, and a billion uneducated and with less and less health care. Its policies favor party members (about 60 million), urban workers and make the billion peasants virtual slaves.

If to anyone's advantage, it would aid the Obama Administration since it would coalesce the nation, cloud the domestic legislative policies, and allow the administration to beat the foreign policy drum without actually doing anything for Taiwan.

Look at the threads on this board and you will see how little interest most have in anything beyond the domestic.

China is a nation in deep trouble, with a full half of its domestic loans going into default, and a billion uneducated and with less and less health care. Its policies favor party members (about 60 million), urban workers and make the billion peasants virtual slaves.

If to anyone's advantage, it would aid the Obama Administration since it would coalesce the nation, cloud the domestic legislative policies, and allow the administration to beat the foreign policy drum without actually doing anything for Taiwan.

Look at the threads on this board and you will see how little interest most have in anything beyond the domestic.

Does that mean the monks will have less cash to give to Al Gore ? ... :eusa_whistle:

Does that mean the monks will have less cash to give to Al Gore ? ... :eusa_whistle:

Devoutly to be wished, but, alas, our Democrat leaders will alway have a Yuan (yen) for the tea-bill.

They already own Taiwan. Am I wrong about this?

I expect them to invade within a few years, and BO will support it.

The price will be more loans from China, BO needs the money for his waste programs, and the Chinese right now won't loan him more, so a deal will be made, taiwan will be surrendered so Obama can get his loan.

Watch for this, it will happen.

Is that why Bush borrowed $10 billion a month x 6 years from China?

And Bush didn't even put Iraq on his budget.

Imagine what Bush's real deficit was.

Our Army and Marines are stretched very thin. Our Navy has never been stronger.

I would love to see Taiwan remain a separate country.

But just like I would love to see the chicken that I ate tonight to still be alive...the weak are often devoured by the strong.

They already own Taiwan. Am I wrong about this?
of course you are wrong

I would love to see Taiwan remain a separate country.

But just like I would love to see the chicken that I ate tonight to still be alive...the weak are often devoured by the strong.
so would I
but i dont think China is willing to make that move just yet
give it a year or two though

Forum List

Back