China takes Bibles from Americans..

"We don't want to go without taking those books. It cost us a lot of money to bring them here," Klein said. "They're saying that it's illegal to bring the Bibles in and that if we wanted to, we had to apply ahead of time for permission."
:lol:

Once again you're showing how shallow and ignorant you are if you don't see the problem with this.

I imagine your for enforcing the one-child rule, as well. I'll bet the abandoned babies and forced abortions are a source of great amusement for you.

There are some idiot christians out there. Take the franklin graham group. He leads the samaritans purse shoebox drive.. everyone gets there kicks donating gifts to kids for christmas.. thats all fine and dandy till I asked where they were going... the destination for these gifts where muslim countries... when I questioned one girl about that, she said even muslim kids need christmas presents...wtf.. when you accept jesus in your life are you turning your back on reason?

Once again this shows just how lucky people from foreign countries are coming to the US, and what they are allowed to do while 'guest's' in our country. The freedom's we have here are taken for granted way too often, by many, including Americans.

Yes it is a shame that the Bibles were taken away and I :eusa_pray: that they get them back. But the saying "When in Rome do as the Romans Do" works both ways.

When in Rome, do as the Romans do. The New Dictionary of Cultural Literacy, Third Edition. 2002

Once again this shows just how lucky people from foreign countries are coming to the US, and what they are allowed to do while 'guest's' in our country. The freedom's we have here are taken for granted way too often, by many, including Americans.

Yes it is a shame that the Bibles were taken away and I :eusa_pray: that they get them back. But the saying "When in Rome do as the Romans Do" works both ways.

When in Rome, do as the Romans do. The New Dictionary of Cultural Literacy, Third Edition. 2002

I think it's even stupider that I'm so mistrusted in my own country that I can't even take a bottle of shampoo on an airplane.

I think it's even stupider that I'm so mistrusted in my own country that I can't even take a bottle of shampoo on an airplane.

Maybe you look like a terrorists. Who knows :confused:

Does not bother me one iota that I can not take certain things on airplanes. Who in the hell knows what you have in that bottle :cuckoo:

If they did not set up rules like this 'some' people would be bitchin that they are doing nothing at all. Go figure! :eusa_boohoo:

Drive your car. Simple as that! :eusa_shifty:

There are some idiot christians out there. Take the franklin graham group. He leads the samaritans purse shoebox drive.. everyone gets there kicks donating gifts to kids for christmas.. thats all fine and dandy till I asked where they were going... the destination for these gifts where muslim countries... when I questioned one girl about that, she said even muslim kids need christmas presents...wtf.. when you accept jesus in your life are you turning your back on reason?

I'm not understanding...why wouldn't we give assistance to Muslims? We're supposed to reach out to those of other faiths. In fact, it's pretty much one of the defining characteristics of Christianity.

Maybe you look like a terrorists. Who knows :confused:

Does not bother me one iota that I can not take certain things on airplanes. Who in the hell knows what you have in that bottle :cuckoo:

If they did not set up rules like this 'some' people would be bitchin that they are doing nothing at all. Go figure! :eusa_boohoo:

Drive your car. Simple as that! :eusa_shifty:

I believe I've sworn off flying for good. The big jets scare me. Oddly, I'm not so afraid in smaller planes, though I'm sure they're probably more dangerous. But at least in that situation you know the pilot. But you take the terrorism, the aging jet fleets, the number of flights and human error....I just can't handle it any more.

I've turned chicken. I guess if I ever go to Europe I'll have to take a boat.

I've turned chicken. I guess if I ever go to Europe I'll have to take a boat.

I think this will be your best bet. :eusa_angel:

Unless they build a bridge ... but forget that! I live near San Francisco .... I do everything possible to stay off of those bridges .... because of the chance someone might be carrying shampoo in their car! :eek: who knows :confused: :lol:

:eusa_shhh: And earthquakes too. Have been on the San Mateo bridge going to the San Francisco airport when a 'minor' earthquake started 'rolling the bridge' :eusa_shifty: There were four of us in the car - we all looked at each other and said not one word - until we were off of the bridge! :lol:

We're going to have to go back to riding horses, which is fine by me.

I like living off the grid, anyway.....

Hay is killing me....we paid $140 a ton for oat hay, and that's about half of what other people are paying.

They keep taking the grains to turn into biofuel, and taking grain producing fields out of production for the purpose of growing biofuels and it's going to get worse.

But I wouldn't have a horse who couldn't go more than 3 miles on a bushel of oats!

I'm not understanding...why wouldn't we give assistance to Muslims? We're supposed to reach out to those of other faiths. In fact, it's pretty much one of the defining characteristics of Christianity.
Is it your assertion that muslim children need christmas presents?

Not quite correct. The Olympics is an international event and the Olympic Villages built specifically for Olympic athletes. By hosting the games, the host nation has to understand the difference in cultures they are INVITING to their country and should be more lenient to religious diversity.

Then again, allowing China to host the Olympics is a joke to begin with.

Anyone with half a brain would know China controls the importation of things like Bibles. Like it or not, China has the right to control them all they want. Just like we have the right NOT to control them.

Anyone with half a brain would know China controls the importation of things like Bibles. Like it or not, China has the right to control them all they want. Just like we have the right NOT to control them.

Sure they do. I don't think the legality is in dispute.

However, the Olympics is a PR coup for the host, not to mention a few $ in the kitty. I'm not too sure religious persecution fits into that very well.

I'd also be interested to know if the athletes from the ME are forbidden to bring their personal copies of the Koran .....:eusa_whistle:

Forum List

Back