China steps in to replace the US in Africa

Africa: China Steps Into Soft Power Vacuum As the U.S. Retreats Under Trump

Soft power.

Nobody does anything for nothing.

Isolationism is not a valid strategy.
So you're in favor of industrial colonialism?

African countries prefer the Chinese by far to the Americans and Europeans. This is because China doesn't have the bad tradition of colonial mastery, plus the Chinese credit and business terms are much more friendly to local corruption practices. The Chinese are worse for the people though there.

Soft power.

When I was in Masaru, capital of Lesotho, I went up to the new parliament building which was nearly finished. The Chinese were working on it. This is a country whose lowest HIV/AIDS region has a 19% rate. The capital estimates that 50% of child bearing aged women have the disease.

And the Chinese go and build a new parliament building.

They're going to control the world soon.

Soft power.

African countries prefer the Chinese by far to the Americans and Europeans. This is because China doesn't have the bad tradition of colonial mastery, plus the Chinese credit and business terms are much more friendly to local corruption practices. The Chinese are worse for the people though there.

China also doesn't tell people off about Human Rights. China wants something, you can slaughter half your population, China doesn't care.

China is looking like they have stable, responsible leadership

The U.S. is not
Through your eyes. I don't see through your eyes. Trump is not playing kick the can. He seems to be about getting things done.

Globally, Trump is openly mocked and not trusted

He is in over his head

And you know this how? You are repeating the big lie the MSM and the networks are repeating.

See how Trump had to cancel his trip to longtime ally England yesterday?
You know England, the country we saved in WWII

They are outraged that THIS President would set foot in their country
And they are letting their culture disintegrate before their eyes. Can you find an example I should worry about?
British culture is just fine

Our ability to spread our culture and values around the globe is crippled

Soft power.

China also doesn't tell people off about Human Rights. China wants something, you can slaughter half your population, China doesn't care.

Maybe that is the right way of thinking though. High ideals kill more people than profiteering and greed.

Through your eyes. I don't see through your eyes. Trump is not playing kick the can. He seems to be about getting things done.

Globally, Trump is openly mocked and not trusted

He is in over his head

And you know this how? You are repeating the big lie the MSM and the networks are repeating.

See how Trump had to cancel his trip to longtime ally England yesterday?
You know England, the country we saved in WWII

They are outraged that THIS President would set foot in their country
And they are letting their culture disintegrate before their eyes. Can you find an example I should worry about?
British culture is just fine

Our ability to spread our culture and values around the globe is crippled
Most Left wing fools say we have no culture. That is what Sweden said. Look where they are. And to deny Britain is caving to Islam is ridiculous and you know it.

Soft power.

Maybe that is the right way of thinking though. High ideals kill more people than profiteering and greed.

Well.... people seem to want to kill no matter what their claim to think.

I'm not sure if the high ideals of the US have killed more people than the Nazis or the Soviets etc. Though, the US is no saint even though it claims to promote Human Rights.

Soft power.

It’s amusing and exposes the left for the hypocrites they are that when the US gets involved in another country, they yell “Interventionist! Colonialist!” But when we pull out they yell “Isolationist”.

You frauds hate peoples who know history.
We are discussing "soft power" here. You seem to not understand that.
Do you think the war on terror is helped when trump describes Africa as a shithole ? Is it just possible that we may need to work with these countries to save lives ?

While the U.S. has been spending 100's of billions of dollars to build military bases around the world and kicking down the doors of 3rd world farmers looking for terrorists.

The Chinese have been going all over Africa and South America building schools, hospitals, and paving roads for the local population. Which has resulted in lucrative mining contracts and long term leases on natural resources. ..... :cool:
US foreign policy has held the world back for decades.
Who would you prefer as the worlds super power?
Wales.
Walesistan? I don't think so. Answer seriously.
It would be a better world.
However I think I would prefer the US to China. The Chinese are not nice people.

More racism from the brainless left, as usual.

As another poster implied, the People's Republic of China is welcomed by many African countries, for it does not lecture them on democracy.

The Chinese government is very frank: It feels that Western-style democracy is not suitable for China (and by implication, for developing nations).

As other posters pointed out, too, China is interested in only one thing: Getting much needed natural resources that are badly needed as China continues to become an economic powerhouse.

In my opinion, there Is one area where China will NOT do well: media. China is spending big money promoting radio programs and print magazines extolling the greatness of China. I do not think that Chinese media can ever compete with Western media.

Last edited:

Soft power.

It’s amusing and exposes the left for the hypocrites they are that when the US gets involved in another country, they yell “Interventionist! Colonialist!” But when we pull out they yell “Isolationist”.

You frauds hate peoples who know history.
We are discussing "soft power" here. You seem to not understand that.
Do you think the war on terror is helped when trump describes Africa as a shithole ? Is it just possible that we may need to work with these countries to save lives ?

It makes no difference. The left wouldn't see it as "soft power" at all if we were doing it. to deny that simple fact is just lying.

Soft power.

It's been happening for a few years now, even under Obama.

Now they have an extra push, but they have been investing in things like infrastructure projects, power stations, also cultural programs to teach Mandarin, and scholarships in China for Africans.
I dont think that the Chinese are being altruistic here but surely they cant be worse than the western powers ?

In my opinion, there Is one area where China will NOT do well: media. China is spending big money promoting radio programs and print magazines extolling the greatness of China. I do not think that Chinese media can ever compete with Western media.
I don't take their news seriously, but when I've been really bored I've watched documentaries (not about the Communist period) on CCTV. I've watched historical dramas too.

Soft power.

Well.... people seem to want to kill no matter what their claim to think.

I'm not sure if the high ideals of the US have killed more people than the Nazis or the Soviets etc. Though, the US is no saint even though it claims to promote Human Rights.

I think the high ideals of the USA are not high but rather practicalities. They serve individual survival. The bill of rights says life Liberty happiness. The Nazis and the Soviets, now those are real high ideals. They say fraternity and equality and other bullshit.

China has been making deals and signing contracts all over Africa for the last couple of decades.

To blame it on Trump is idiotic. ..... :cuckoo:
The Chinese aint calling these countries shitholes.

Ask any Chinese businessman or worker who gets sent by his company to there. I'm sure there are plenty of Chinese words for "shithole".
The chinese all ready live in a shit hole I am not sure they would notice any difference from home!

Forum List

Back