China Spambot Solution found!

I wasn't here very early today. Were there any Chinese spammers around this morning?

One, but I had just signed on, they already had about 5 threads..

so I'm scrambling to get the link..

and westwall zapped it. ;/

Does that actually work? :dunno: We will have to put a plan in action to use it! :D

It worked this AM.

It'd work better if I could post a Google search link in Chinese characters.

PM with this and post it in their spammy threads.

tiananmen square massacre - Google Search

Did they stop posting after I posted it in the thread? I didn't notice. I mostly just posted it as a joke. Lol!

They did after I did some research and posted a Google search for Tiananmen square massacre link on the spambot's PM and thread.

It's a real thing.

I have noticed that it has become less. We used to have 3 or 4 of them at the same time. Today it was only 1, I believe. So whatever the mods have been doing has been working somewhat at least. Thanks mods. Credit where credit is due. ;) flacaltenn

Which mod has had to deal with these spambots the most, I wonder? I see AyeCan'tSeeYou here in the early mornings most often. Sometimes Average Joe is here in the mornings. I've seen a couple of others in the morning, but most of the time it is Aye that I see here in the mornings.

Thank the late night and morning mods. Like Kat and Aye, Avg-Joe and Will, Westwall. We need to draft a mod in Australian or Russia to cover the dead of night Spam attacks. Know any out of work Russian trolls with a lot of spare time?
I hear Hillary is looking for work.

I have it!

Your spam filter blocks it.

This is self-defeating.

Basically what it does is trip China's censor trigger, and cuts their internet connection.

Credit goes to ChrisL
What's a spam filter?

firewall

Not exactly.

Bot exactly not but could be. USMB defeated The Bot but DTT is easily confused.

If i'm not around and they are ..
post this:

On their threads and PM them with it, too.

It worked this AM.

It'd work better if I could post a Google search link in Chinese characters.

PM with this and post it in their spammy threads.

Did they stop posting after I posted it in the thread? I didn't notice. I mostly just posted it as a joke. Lol!

They did after I did some research and posted a Google search for Tiananmen square massacre link on the spambot's PM and thread.

It's a real thing.

I have noticed that it has become less. We used to have 3 or 4 of them at the same time. Today it was only 1, I believe. So whatever the mods have been doing has been working somewhat at least. Thanks mods. Credit where credit is due. ;) flacaltenn

Which mod has had to deal with these spambots the most, I wonder? I see AyeCan'tSeeYou here in the early mornings most often. Sometimes Average Joe is here in the mornings. I've seen a couple of others in the morning, but most of the time it is Aye that I see here in the mornings.

Thank the late night and morning mods. Like Kat and Aye, Avg-Joe and Will, Westwall. We need to draft a mod in Australian or Russia to cover the dead of night Spam attacks. Know any out of work Russian trolls with a lot of spare time?
I hear Hillary is looking for work.

Well she did volunteer as the best person to pick up those 4AM calls of world catastrophes.But then she has to sleep in for 2 days to recover..

Forum List

Back