China says no to Moscow, Beijing, Delhi trilateral defence ties

Vikrant

Gold Member
Apr 20, 2013
The U.S.
I am not surprised :)

---

NEW DELHI: China has turned down a Russian effort to bring defence ministers of India, Russia and China on one platform in Moscow, fuelling speculation in New Delhi that this has been done keeping Pakistan sensitivities in mind.

The refusal was officially communicated last week, which was also the time the Dalai Lama's visit to Arunachal Pradesh took off despite strong Chinese protests.

The trilateral meeting was to take place on April 25, a day ahead of the Mosco ..

Read more at:
China says no to Moscow, Beijing, Delhi trilateral defence ties

Really, they all want to buddy-up with Trump.

I think that was a Moscow initiative. India just went along knowing fully well that it will go nowhere. China is more interested in cultivating an alliance with Pakistan, N Korea and Iran.

Really, they all want to buddy-up with Trump.

I think that was a Moscow initiative. India just went along knowing fully well that it will go nowhere. China is more interested in cultivating an alliance with Pakistan, N Korea and Iran.

It was. In terms of superpower alliances, I think Russia may find themselves the odd man out should they continue on their current course.

China backpedals now :)

---

BEIJING: China today said that it has an "open attitude" for cooperation with India and Russia in the defence sector, downplaying reports that it has turned down a Russian proposal for a trilateral meet keeping Pakistan's sensitivities in mind.

"China has an open attitude towards China-Russia-India cooperation in defence and is willing to maintain communication with all parties on meeting of leaders of ministries of defence of the three countries," Chinese Defence Ministry said in a ..

Read more at:
'China has open attitude for cooperation with India, Russia' - The Economic Times

Forum List

Back