China plans to drill off US coast

dilloduck

Diamond Member
May 8, 2004
Austin, TX
China to Drill Off U.S. Coast?
A top U.S. chemical industry official is warning that Chinese companies may soon drill for oil and gas 50 miles off the U.S. coast. American Chemistry Council President Jack Gerard cited a production contract between Cuba’s state-owned Cubapetroleo and China Petroleum & Chemical Corp. (Sinopec) for Sinopec’s development of Cuban offshore oil reserves, noting that by longstanding convention the territorial waters boundary between the U.S. and Cuba is half the distance between the Florida Keys and Cuba’s coast, less than 100 miles. “That means that a Chinese company is or will be drilling for oil and gas within 50 miles of the U.S. coast even though under U.S. policy American energy companies are barred from drilling along most areas of the U.S. coast,” Gerard said.

http://www.reedlink.com/SingleArticle~ContentId~59798~pub~CE.html

http://havanajournal.com/business/entry/who-will-drill-for-oil-off-florida-the-us-or-cuba/

Ya know, America has laid down and been walked on for so many years that this is no surprise. It will be a surprise if we take action. If we don't, there's more to come. Hell, everyone knows we have 20 million illegals in the Country, why worry? We have become PUSSIES and IDIOTS!!! Trying to (whatever) Iraqi ragheads why this Country falls apart!! Both Clinton and Bush SUCK, we need a leader with BALLS!! One that will tell Fox, yer taken em back, like it or not. One that says, Drill in our water yer toast! It needs to be done, before we spin down the drain.

That's my 2 cents!

Mr. P said:
Ya know, America has laid down and been walked on for so many years that this is no surprise. It will be a surprise if we take action. If we don't, there's more to come. Hell, everyone knows we have 20 million illegals in the Country, why worry? We have become PUSSIES and IDIOTS!!! Trying to (whatever) Iraqi ragheads why this Country falls apart!! Both Clinton and Bush SUCK, we need a leader with BALLS!! One that will tell Fox, yer taken em back, like it or not. One that says, Drill in our water yer toast! It needs to be done, before we spin down the drain.

That's my 2 cents!

while reading this a old song began to play in my head..."Be true to your school" 'Beach Boys"! :banana:

"Be True to your School" Beach boys

When some loud braggart tries to put me down
and says his school is great
I tell him right away
" Now what's the matter buddy ain't ya heard of my school
it's number one in state"

So be true to your school now just like you would to your girl or guy
Be true to your school now and let the colors fly
Be true to your school

I got a lettermen's sweater with a letter for football and track
I'm proud to wear it now when I cruise around
the other parts of town-I got a decal in back
So be true to your school now and let your colors fly
Be true to your school

On Friday we'll be jacked up on the football game-and be ready to fight
We're gonna smash 'em now
My girl will be working on her pom-poms now
and she'll be yelling tonight

So be true to your school now
Just like you would your girl or guy
Be true to your school

Rah rah rah be true to your school

There thats my two cents worth! :funnyface

Im so sick of this crap. USA, the nation that laid down and died. Our politicians have killed us softly with their songs.

archangel said:
"Be True to your School" Beach boys

When some loud braggart tries to put me down
and says his school is great
I tell him right away
" Now what's the matter buddy ain't ya heard of my school
it's number one in state"

So be true to your school now just like you would to your girl or guy
Be true to your school

I got a lettermen's sweater with a letter for football and track
I'm proud to wear it now when I cruise around
the other parts of town-I got a decal in back
So be true to your school now and let your colors fly
Be true to your school

On Friday we'll be jacked up on the football game-and be ready to fight
We're gonna smash 'em now
My girl will be working on her pom-poms now
and she'll be yelling tonight

So be true to your school now
Just like you would your girl or guy
Be true to your school

There thats my two cents worth! :funnyface

I have to give you props for the Beach Boys reference. They are one of my all time favorite groups. Brian Wilson is a genius. Song writing, production, layering the vocals. Way ahead of his time.

Pet Sounds - One of the best all around albums ever produced.

GotZoom said:
I have to give you props for the Beach Boys reference. They are one of my all time favorite groups. Brian Wilson is a genius. Song writing, production, layering the vocals. Way ahead of his time.

Pet Sounds - One of the best all around albums ever produced.

my fav "Little surfer girl" where did she go? Hey gidget ya out there somewhere..."Moon Doggie" is looking for you! :teeth:

no worries.....we will just wipe them out with a government generated huricane....same as we did with new orleans

manu1959 said:
no worries.....we will just wipe them out with a government generated huricane....same as we did with new orleans

me thinks ya been in California way too long...ya need to come back to Nevada to regain some perspective on what you are trying to say...imho!

Well, we have to draw the line between "USA's waters" and "Cuba's waters" somewhere. I mean if Mexico wants to drill for oil just across the Rio Grande...well, they can (and do). The real problem is environmental restrictions that prohibit drilling in our waters. You know what would be hilarious and sad at the same time? If this commie oil rig has a big spill, and then we have to put up with ruined beaches, because this oil field would have been sucked dry a long time ago if cleaner US companies had been allowed to do it.

Forum List

Back