China now second largest economy in the world!

they are working for us on slave wages, I fail to see the significance of them passing us. It'll be 100 years before they make as much as we do.

Ohh we will be dropping down some to meet them.
Probably more like 50 years though.
And yes their development and rising lifestyles will raise the price of oil. It is inevitable.
Have you compared auto sales in china with US sales recently?

And not sure if it has changed but there used to be a horrible tax on cars in china.

I am hearing that China will surpass us by 2030. Any bets that it is 12 years sooner?

If we keep buyng their crap, it'll be even sooner than that.

Go find 10 items to buy where 5 of them are not made in China. Your choices are very low. You pay out the ass for anything made in USA

I bought a US made hammer at Sears not long ago. It was actually cheaper than the Chinese made although it didn't have a graphite handle, so what.

China has been number 2 producers many times in their history, this is just one of them....they have never reached number one in their history....fyi.

they are working for us on slave wages, I fail to see the significance of them passing us. It'll be 100 years before they make as much as we do.

They are working for their government at slave wages. If you go to any department store, tell me if you really believe you are getting a good deal. To me it seems we are paying prices we should be for American goods. Walmart's profits have gotten huge but they cry broke. Big money China and big money America have a great thing going.

we are much more productive as producers than anyone in china.....our workers can produce much more in an hour than anyone in china....so they must keep their wages down to nil, in order to compete with us, and we still produce more....

They are working for their government at slave wages. If you go to any department store, tell me if you really believe you are getting a good deal. To me it seems we are paying prices we should be for American goods. Walmart's profits have gotten huge but they cry broke. Big money China and big money America have a great thing going.

Bingo.

If we keep buyng their crap, it'll be even sooner than that.

Go find 10 items to buy where 5 of them are not made in China. Your choices are very low. You pay out the ass for anything made in USA

I bought a US made hammer at Sears not long ago. It was actually cheaper than the Chinese made although it didn't have a graphite handle, so what.

But if you use a hammer for a living as I do, it is a big fucking deal. NEXT!

walmart's profits have not gone through the roof, their earnings are at about 3.5%, where exxon profits are closer to 10%,.....walmart ceo's are getting the money savings from buying chinese, not the consumers as much.

we are much more productive as producers than anyone in china.....our workers can produce much more in an hour than anyone in china....so they must keep their wages down to nil, in order to compete with us, and we still produce more....

This I agree with, we have companies training them though. We have a better labor force in the USA than ANY other country but big money USA don't want us to hear that too often!

Last edited:
China already buys more cars than us and in 5 yrs will match the rest of the world combined.
Then, we'll get a fair price for oil.

Yep just a reminder though before the fall of the economy I gave advise on 2 safe investments.
WalMart and McDonalds.

Another thing not really being taken into consideration, consider their population. They barely seem to be able to sustain it now, never mind ten or twenty years down the road.

China already buys more cars than us and in 5 yrs will match the rest of the world combined.
Then, we'll get a fair price for oil.

Disclaimer:

Topspin works for a major oil company and has most of his retirement money tied up in oil.

so as oil goes up and hurts most of America he celebrates.

whereas you prefer to rip off the local retarded kid on a land grab. Nice work if you can get it grampy. It's amazing your single.

How long before they become number 1?

Time to include speaking Chinese in the MBA programs?

You need to take in to consideration their population when you look at this. They have 5 times as many people as the US and yet are only the second largest Economy. If their Economy produced at the level ours did they would have an economy 5 times as large as ours.

How long before they become number 1?

Time to include speaking Chinese in the MBA programs?

You need to take in to consideration their population when you look at this. They have 5 times as many people as the US and yet are only the second largest Economy. If their Economy produced at the level ours did they would have an economy 5 times as large as ours.

they will get there. give em time.

whereas you prefer to rip off the local retarded kid on a land grab. Nice work if you can get it grampy. It's amazing your single.

He could be retarded he got a BA degree in college. this was before I bought property from him. Kid just wanted fast money and I gave it to him.

Another thing not really being taken into consideration, consider their population. They barely seem to be able to sustain it now, never mind ten or twenty years down the road.

Scary huh? They may decide they need a war.

I would not want to be Russia. IMO it is only a matter of time before China looks to Siberia. With its Massive amount of Land, and by some estimates 1/3 of all the un tapped Natural Resources on earth. It is just lying their waiting for 1.3 Billion Chinese to move in.

They are already doing it much like is happening with Hispanic Illegal Immigrants here. Chinese cross into Siberia and settle down. Have been for years. Only a matter of time IMO before Russia is begging for our help in it's war with China over Siberia.

Forum List

Back