China now has the largest middle class globally.

BOBO

The Magnificent!
Jun 24, 2011
Spokane area
It appears that China as a country completely outclasses the USA. The gist of the article is that the USA has a polarized society & that in turn created a polarized government... relegating America to a "once was" status. As much as I hate to admit it I believe they are right. China's ability to bring capitalism on line successfully as America once did seems to be what has made China great. I wonder what will be the fate of the western nations & their welfare state mentality?

Chinese Model: Why China Does Capitalism Better than U.S. - TIME

I guess when you have a single ruling party that stomps liberals to death it makes it a lot easier to keep people right where you want them.

I guess when you have a single ruling party that stomps liberals to death it makes it a lot easier to keep people right where you want them.

yeah,, hang on to that thought while you champion obamie and his unfettered spending cause the chinese dey own yer liberal ass.

It appears that China as a country completely outclasses the USA. The gist of the article is that the USA has a polarized society & that in turn created a polarized government... relegating America to a "once was" status. As much as I hate to admit it I believe they are right. China's ability to bring capitalism on line successfully as America once did seems to be what has made China great. I wonder what will be the fate of the western nations & their welfare state mentality?

Population of China: 1,339,724,852
Population of US: 312,765,000

Each class is larger!

Of course, let's not actually look at what constitutes 'middle class' in each country...

Yea, if you actually believe that then go ahead and move there.

Its still a third world shit hole and will be for decades.

Yea, if you actually believe that then go ahead and move there.

Its still a third world shit hole and will be for decades.

Refuting a bullshit position does not require you to go too far the other way. Really.

Well YEAH--they have all of our manufacturing jobs over there--and are getting more--since Obama's JOB Czar--Jeffrey Immelt--CEO of General Electric just signed a partnership with China to compete against American built Boeing.

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/01/18/business/global/18plane.html?pagewanted=all

Last edited:

Well YEAH--they have all of our manufacturing jobs over there--and are getting more--since Obama's JOB Czar--Jeffrey Immelt--CEO of General Electric just signed a partnership with China to compete against American built Boeing.

Get the fuck out of here.... This must be the Conservative method of assigning blame... forget everything that happened in the past, and blame Obama.

:eusa_shhh:
They don't wanna hear that stuff.

Oh... you don't want to hear about outsourcing... it's a Corporations right to do so.. it's their money, right?

It doesn't matter that their actions are downright traitorous to our country and it's people, does it? this has been the "conservative stance" ever since I started debating this very damned thing.

But now, it's a different story, right? Fuck off.

The Chinese define their official poverty level as < $90/year

I wonder what "middle class" is defined as?
The average factory worker makes about $150/month. I don't think they'd consider that middle class, but that's at least a baseline for you.

Granny says dey ain't gonna have a middle class if dey ain't got no `lectricical...
:tongue:
China to face electricity shortages?
Feb. 7 (UPI) -- China could face power supply outages this year due to a shortage of coal, China's Electricity Council warned.
CEC, an association representing power firms, estimates the country's power shortages to reach 40 million kilowatts in 2012, compared with a 30 million kilowatt shortage in 2011, it said on its Web site. China relies on coal for more than 70 percent of its energy needs. To address electricity supply shortages, CEC recommended differentiating electricity charges, limiting exports of electricity-consuming products and increasing the development of hydropower and nuclear power plants.

Acknowledging projections that China's economy -- the world's second biggest -- is headed for a slowdown in 2012, CEC said the country's power supply could still be affected by other factors besides energy-consuming economic growth, including strained coal supply and drought, which could threaten hydropower. CEC urged China's coal sector to increase coal production and imports and also to restrict exports of the raw commodity. CEC projects coal usage by China's power plants to reach 150 million tons in 2012, requiring an extra 300 million tons of new coal supplies.

Aside from pressures on China's energy supplies from economic development, the country's now-regular power shortages are also caused by struggle between the coal and electric power industries over the price of coal supplied to power stations, says Tim Wright, author of "The Political Economy of the Chinese Coal Industry: Black Gold and Blood Stained Coal." "The power stations, who have to accept electricity prices fixed by the state, have argued that they cannot afford the ever-increasing price of their main fuel, coal," Wright told The Wall Street Journal. "The state has attempted to pressure the mines to supply coal at cheaper prices but of course this has reduced the mines' incentive to produce, resulting in occasional shortages and power cuts."

Figures from the National Energy Administration indicate that China used a total of 4.69 trillion kilowatt hours of electricity in 2011, an increase of 11.7 percent from 2010. Broken down by sector, industries including manufacturing, water and electricity production consumed 3.52 trillion kilowatts in 2011, an increase of 11.9 percent from 2010; industries including agriculture, livestock husbandry, fisheries and forestry used 101.5 billion kilowatts of electricity, an increase of 3.9 percent; service industries used 508.2 billion kilowatts, an increase of 13.5 percent; and households, including urban and township residents, used 564.6 billion kilowatts, up 10.8 percent from 2010.

Read more: China to face electricity shortages? - UPI.com

Forum List

Back