China makes Trump blink, again!

If we divide the total U.S. population (about 319 million) by 538 electoral college votes, each electoral college vote should equal about 593K people.

So if we take our nation’s most populated state—California—and divide its 39.1 million population by 593K, the state should get sixty-six electoral college votes. Under the Electoral College system, however, the state only gets fifty-five electoral college votes.

That’s a difference of eleven electoral college votes.

Meanwhile, if we look at one of our nation’s least populated states—North Dakota—and divide its 757K population by 593K, the state should get about one electoral vote. However, under the Electoral College system, it gets three votes.

That means in North Dakota a voter has three times more say in who gets to become President. And it means that a California voter has a vote that is worth only about 83 percent as the rest of the country.
I've never understood the argument that the EC gives each state an equal voice. If each state got the same number of votes, I could see that. But when Maine gets 4 and California gets 55, I don't see how that "levels" things out.
The EC vote is based on both Population and Equal Representation of The States since we are a Republic of States, or Union of States.

Or do you not understand how the number of EC votes are assigned to a state?
Where is the "equal" part? I have heard people say that without the E.C., heavily populated states like New York and California would dominate. But since heavily populated states ALREADY have a butt load more votes than a state like Nevada or Maine, how is that really any different?
Does New York and California always win the Presidential election? Of course not. So explain how going to the popular vote would actually change anything.
Because of the number of EC votes required to win a National Election and because this number is Finite, a candidate cannot just go to California and New York to win an election. Because EC votes are distributed using two factors, Population and Equal Representation of Each State small states are still in play.

Part of that allocation is based on The Census, and is a big reason why The Left fought tooth and nail to delay the addition of the "Legal Status" question to a respondee to The Census on all Census Questionnaires. They feared being nailed with fraud for counting Illegal Immigrants in their population to gain an unfair advantage in Congress and distribution of Federal Dollars. They could lose Rep seats over such fraudulent actions.

Distribution of Electoral Votes

Electoral votes are allocated among the states based on the Census. Every state is allocated a number of votes equal to the number of senators and representatives in its U.S. Congressional delegation—two votes for its senators in the U.S. Senate plus a number of votes equal to the number of its members in the U. S. House of Representatives.

Under the 23rd Amendment of the Constitution, the District of Columbia is allocated three electors and treated like a state for purposes of the Electoral College.

The allocations below are based on the 2010 Census. They are effective for the 2012, 2016, and 2020 presidential elections.

Total Electoral Votes: 538; Majority Needed to Elect: 270

U. S. Electoral College: How are the Electoral College Votes Allocated
I know all that. No one is understanding my question.
Because your question is nonsense and is attached to an agenda.

Your question was answered.

You don't like the answer.

If you can't abolish the EC, you want more EC votes assigned to you so you can Cheat The American People more than you already do.

This is what All Liberals want. They love gaming the system. Whether it's committing Welfare Fraud or Voter Fraud, they love that shit.

Trump is Putin’s puppet, and victim of blackmail. Anyone who cheers that or supports that is a fucking traitor to America. You made your choice, Comrade. If you weren’t fine with it you’d be screaming for paper ballots in all 50 states like the rest of us.
Sure he is.*phffffffffffff*
Yet Hillary got $140 million from him.
Geeeezzzzz, the Uranium One LIE yet again.
Can't you fools come up with some new lies?????

Forum List

Back