China Lashes Out At Bush Before Election: Accuses Him Of Trying To Rule The World

NATO AIR

Jun 25, 2004
USS Abraham Lincoln
again, for about the tenth time in a month I'll say
Fuck China!

http://news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&cid=516&u=/ap/20041101/ap_on_re_as/china_us&printer=1

China Criticizes Bush Ahead of Election

Sun Oct 31,11:43 PM ET

By JOE McDONALD, Associated Press Writer

BEIJING - On the eve of the U.S. presidential election, China accused President Bush (news - web sites) of trying to "rule over the whole world," saying the invasion of Iraq (news - web sites) destroyed the global anti-terrorism coalition and worsened religious and ethnic conflicts.

The strikingly pointed criticism from a government that Washington calls a key anti-terrorism ally was a departure from China's past refusal to comment on the U.S. presidential candidates.

It came in a commentary in a state newspaper by Vice Premier Qian Qichen, who criticized what he called the "Bush Doctrine" as a policy of pre-emptive military attack and a Cold War relic.

"It advocates the United States should rule over the whole world with overwhelming force," said the lengthy commentary in the China Daily, an English-language newspaper aimed at foreign readers.

China has supported the U.S.-led war on terror, but is wary of Bush's intentions. Beijing worries about Washington's heightened presence in Central and South Asia, concerned that it threatens Chinese ambitions to be the region's dominant military power.

It wasn't clear what prompted Monday's commentary, but U.S.-Chinese relations have been strained by disputes over trade and Washington's refusal to send home Chinese Muslim detainees from the U.S. military base in Guantanamo Bay, Cuba.

Qian, who was China's foreign minister for more than a decade in the late 1980s and early '90s, criticized Bush's decision to invade Iraq in March 2003, saying "the world's situation in response to the war is in effect a negative answer."

"Washington opened a Pandora's box, intensifying intermingled conflicts, such as ethnic and religious ones," Qian wrote.

"The Iraq war was an optional one, not a necessary one, and the pre-emptive principle should be removed from the dictionary of the U.S. national security," he wrote. "The Iraq war has also destroyed the hard-won global anti-terror coalition."

Chinese officials have refused for weeks to comment on issues in the U.S. presidential campaign or on the positions of Bush and his main challenger, Democratic Sen. John Kerry (news - web sites).

The U.S. government announced last week that it won't send home members of China's Muslim Uighur minority — who are being released from detention as possible terror suspects at Guantanamo Bay — and is instead trying to give them refuge in another country.

Beijing had appealed for the return of the Uighurs to face possible prosecution and urged Washington on Saturday to handle them in a way that wouldn't harm anti-terrorism cooperation.

Human rights groups have said the Chinese detainees could face torture or execution if sent home.

I know, fuck china. we allowed them to devalue their currency so they could enter world markets with a leg up and become the number one country in world production, to keep them from being communist, and all they do is act like weenies.

rtwngAvngr said:
I know, fuck china. we allowed them to devalue their currency so they could enter world markets with a leg up and become the number one country in world production, to keep them from being communist, and all they do is act like weenies.

:alco: i'll drink to that analysis.

Would all these stupid foreign countries just LEAVE US ALONE!!! This is OUR freakin' country and we'll vote for who we want and if you have a problem with it, then come invade with your Army!! That's right, because we have a BIGGER AND BETTER Army, so maybe you should just shut up.

It's become my impression that much of America has lost it's pride and desire for sovereignty. Apparently other countries believe that too because they have no qualms about advocating the overthrow of a powerful president. (He must be pretty damn powerful for so many countries to feel threatened by him).The imminent election will show that approximately half of Americans who vote also support an overthrow because they have fallen for Democratic scare tactics and lies. They think Kerry will keep us safe by appeasing the other countries of the world and returning us to a pre 9/11 status. Lawyers and judges will now decide who will be our president because of American polarity. I liked the America that I envisioned better than this ugly truth. Why are we trying to get Bush to admit to his mistakes? Maybe because it has become to frightening to look at our own. :smoke:

Looks like we have a new cold war advisory on the rise.

Quote Dilloduck The imminent election will show that approximately half of Americans who vote also support an overthrow because they have fallen for Democratic scare tactics and lies.
I don’t agree with that, we were making good progress with winning over other nations and changing the world with our values and popularity. We have suffered a huge set back and now are forced to change policy through military force.

White knight said:

I don’t agree with that, we were making good progress with winning over other nations and changing the world with our values and popularity. We have suffered a huge set back and now are forced to change policy through military force.

Are you really so nearsighted as to not see that it was the Clintonian policies of the 90s that have led us to where we are today? Honestly.......

White knight said:

Try CIVIL WAR advisory

freeandfun1 said:
Are you really so nearsighted as to not see that it was the Clintonian policies of the 90s that have led us to where we are today? Honestly.......
You Explain it,
G. H. Bush = Defect
G. W. Bush = Deficit
Poor economy, High unemployment, = poverty.

A lot of their wealth backers and bankers made, out.
I do see your point in a way, the mass of poor people prosper, they buy cars to sit on blocks in front of their trailers and plastic toys to fill the yard.
A few rich people prosper, they buy new yachts, Champaign and new mansions.

White knight said:
You Explain it,
G. H. Bush = Defect
G. W. Bush = Deficit

I do see your point in a way, the mass of poor people prosper, they buy cars to sit on blocks in front of their trailers and plastic toys to fill the yard.

WK---Quit being such a humbug and bless us with your suggestions on how to improve America. Are you able to do that?

White knight said:
You Explain it,
G. H. Bush = Defect
G. W. Bush = Deficit

You just proved that you are nearsighted and that you have no clue. I am not going to educate you as I have many of the idiotic liberals on this board of WHY Clinton was BAD for this country.

Clinton = Corporate scandals, which led to failed corporations which led to massive layoffs.

Clinton = ignoring terrorism which led to 9-11

Clinton = Terry McAuliffe turing a $100K investment in Global Xing to a $18 million profit (BTW: Global Xing was based in the Bahamas to avoid US taxes - it seems it is okay for the dems to make money off companies like that, but not the GOP?)

Hobbit said:
Would all these stupid foreign countries just LEAVE US ALONE!!! This is OUR freakin' country and we'll vote for who we want and if you have a problem with it, then come invade with your Army!! That's right, because we have a BIGGER AND BETTER Army, so maybe you should just shut up.
I wonder if that is what the Iranian’s said when we put the Shaw power? Just to be fair and balanced I have to remind you that we have a history of meddling in foreign affairs as well.

White knight said:
I wonder if that is what the Iranian’s said when we put the Shaw power? Just to be fair and balanced I have to remind you that we have a history of meddling in foreign affairs as well.

Thanks, fake conservative.

Forum List

Back