China erects 30 story hotel in 15 days

China erects 30 story hotel in 15 days

If it stays up for more than 4 hours, they should contact a doctor.

They made it out of super sized steel Lego's... :thup:

Constructing a skyscraper once took months if not years to build. But not anymore, and certainly not in China.

In this recently released time-lapse video, a 30-story hotel is built in just 15 days, or 360 hours.

Constructed in Dongting Lake in Hunan province, the hotel is 170,000 square feet and can withstand a 9.0 earthquake reports Treehugger.

According to the International Business Times, the prefabricated modules were put together in a factory and then placed on steel structures at the construction site.

30-Story Hotel Built In 15 Days In China (VIDEO)

There is no way in hell I'm going into that building.

China-train-crash-007.jpg

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Really fast-built Chinese rail system.

And I'll bet the quality is superb.

Not to mention the princely wages the workers were getting. Stuff sure does get done faster when you can commmand people to work. I guess that leftward swing by Newt et al. wasn't my imagination. They've gone to the ChiCom model. It's not my daddies Republican Party anymore!!! :eek:

Last edited:

That 360 hour figure doesn't include the time it took to build the foundation or, crucially, all the prefabricated parts. "So the claim to a 15-day construction period should not be taken too seriously."

So it wasn't really built in 360 hours.

Do any of you read past the headline?

Still amazing efficiency. Look at what you would have to pay workers to assemble components in a factory vs what it costs to do the same thing at 20 to 30 stories up. Ironworkers are highly skilled and cost a lot. This construction is very low skilled and is essentially Lego type construction.

I would not underestimate the skill or intelligence of the Chinese. We did the same thing with the Japanese.

Forum List

Back