China embarked on wind power frenzy, says IEA

ScienceRocks

Democrat all the way!
Mar 16, 2010
The Good insane United states of America
China embarked on wind power frenzy, says IEA

China has been building two wind turbines every hour

China has been building two wind turbines every hour, the International Energy Agency (IEA) has told BBC News.
This is the world's biggest programme of turbine installation, double that of its nearest rival, the US.
The nation’s entire annual increase in energy demand has been fulfilled from the wind.
But the IEA warns China has built so much coal-fired generating capacity that it is turning off wind turbines for 15% of the time.
The problem is that coal-fired power stations are given priority access to the grid.
An IEA spokesman told BBC News: “The rather rosy statement on wind energy hides the issue that 2015 and the first half of 2016 also saw record new installations of coal.
“China has now a clear over-supply. In the province of Gansu, 39% of wind energy had to be curtailed (turned off because there is not enough capacity on the grid).
The average European wind farm is forced to stop generating between 1-2% of the year.

China is showing the world how it is done. America trailing again! Time to shut down the damn coal!

Yeah, they've been wasting tons on money on stupid shit over there.

Hopefully they don't cause a world-wide depression when their house of cards finally collapses.

Very interesting. The wind turbines that I see in the west rarely turn. And when they do, they are turned by gasoline engines, to prevent them from rusting, there is simply not enough wind to make them move. Africa has even less wind. If there more wind in China? In Siberia there is very little wind too. I guess wind as a whole is a hoax, unless you are at the arctic circle where there is a little polar vortex, or 7 kilometer up in altitude where stratospheric thermals occur.

Very interesting. The wind turbines that I see in the west rarely turn. And when they do, they are turned by gasoline engines, to prevent them from rusting, there is simply not enough wind to make them move. Africa has even less wind. If there more wind in China? In Siberia there is very little wind too. I guess wind as a whole is a hoax, unless you are at the arctic circle where there is a little polar vortex, or 7 kilometer up in altitude where stratospheric thermals occur.
Really? A couple thousand turbines east of The Dallas, Oregon, and almost always they are turning.

Wind power in Texas - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Wind power in Texas consists of many wind farms with a total installed nameplate capacity of 17,713 MW[1] from over 40 different projects. Texas produces the most wind power of any U.S. state.[2] Wind power accounted for 9.98% of the electricity generated in Texas during 2015.[3][1]

The wind resource in many parts of Texas is very large. Farmers may lease their land to wind developers, creating a new revenue stream for the farm. The wind power industry is also creating thousands of jobs for local communities and for the state. Texas is seen as a profit-driven leader of renewable energy commercialization in the United States. The wind boom in Texas was assisted by expansion of the state’s Renewable Portfolio Standard, use of designated Competitive Renewable Energy Zones, expedited transmission construction, and the necessary Public Utility Commission rule-making.[4]

The Roscoe Wind Farm (781 MW) is the state's largest wind farm. Other large wind farms in Texas include: Horse Hollow Wind Energy Center, Sherbino Wind Farm, Capricorn Ridge Wind Farm, Sweetwater Wind Farm, Buffalo Gap Wind Farm,King Mountain Wind Farm, Desert Sky Wind Farm, Wildorado Wind Ranch, and the Brazos Wind Farm.

Nearly 18 gw is a lot of electricity, and more being built as we post.

Really? A couple thousand turbines east of The Dallas, Oregon, and almost always they are turning.

Wind power in Texas - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Wind power in Texas consists of many wind farms with a total installed nameplate capacity of 17,713 MW[1] from over 40 different projects. Texas produces the most wind power of any U.S. state.[2] Wind power accounted for 9.98% of the electricity generated in Texas during 2015.[3][1]

The wind resource in many parts of Texas is very large. Farmers may lease their land to wind developers, creating a new revenue stream for the farm. The wind power industry is also creating thousands of jobs for local communities and for the state. Texas is seen as a profit-driven leader of renewable energy commercialization in the United States. The wind boom in Texas was assisted by expansion of the state’s Renewable Portfolio Standard, use of designated Competitive Renewable Energy Zones, expedited transmission construction, and the necessary Public Utility Commission rule-making.[4]

The Roscoe Wind Farm (781 MW) is the state's largest wind farm. Other large wind farms in Texas include: Horse Hollow Wind Energy Center, Sherbino Wind Farm, Capricorn Ridge Wind Farm, Sweetwater Wind Farm, Buffalo Gap Wind Farm,King Mountain Wind Farm, Desert Sky Wind Farm, Wildorado Wind Ranch, and the Brazos Wind Farm.

Nearly 18 gw is a lot of electricity, and more being built as we post.

Texas is tornado alley right? I guess wind turbines are a good investment there. I think in Europe they didn't work out. Looks like we found a wind turbine friendly climate in Texas.

Potential Wind Capacity
Enabling Wind Power Nationwide report.

us_110m_potential_820w.jpg
Enlarge image
This map shows the wind potential at a 110-m height for the United States. Download a printable map. Click on a state to view the wind map for that state.
* Grid Granularity = 400 sq km
* 35% Gross Capacity Factor (GCF) ~= 30% Net Capacity Factor (NCF)1If you have a disability and need assistance reading the wind map, please email thewebmaster.

Enlarge image
This map shows the wind potential at a 140-m height for the contiguous United States. Download a printable map.
* Grid Granularity = 400 sq km
* 35% Gross Capacity Factor (GCF) ~= 30% Net Capacity Factor (NCF)
WINDExchange: Potential Wind Capacity

Montana, North Dakota, and the central states have immense potential for wind power. And Texas still has many, many areas to be taken advantage of. Plus Texas in rich in solar potential.

its simple the usa is ruled by an oligarchy of billionaers whose power is the result of oil, they don t want to change anything they love to fuck the american people

its simple the usa is ruled by an oligarchy of billionaers whose power is the result of oil, they don t want to change anything they love to fuck the american people

Air travel is very useful.
How can it be done without carbon based fuels?

Hopefully they don't cause a world-wide depression when their house of cards finally collapses.
your so obviouesly stupid, of course your bought, but your arguments are so stupid,do you really expect anyone to belive you anymore ?

your so obviouesly stupid, of course your bought, but your arguments are so stupid,do you really expect anyone to belive you anymore ?

No, I don't expect morons like you to believe anything I say.

1. theres too much airtravel, totally useless senseless, just killing the planet.
2. theres the possibility to power aircrafts with hydrogen, the 1st functional jetengine 1937 was powered by hydrogen.

i expect you to lie and do anything to rape the planet and all human beings on it for money, i expect you to kill and murder to make money

you are a sociopath

and lets have you analysed by experts to see if thats true

Last edited:

1. theres too much airtravel, totally useless senseless, just killing the planet.
2. theres the possibility to power aircrafts with hydrogen, the 1st functional jetengine 1937 was powered by hydrogen.

Should we use liquid or compressed? What kind of range would you get?
How should we generate it?

i expect you to lie and do anything to rape the planet and all human beings on it for money, i expect you to kill and murder to make money

you are a sociopath

and lets have you analysed by experts to see if thats true

The planet was asking for it, wearing that short, tight outfit!!!

Air travel is very useful. How can it be done without carbon based fuels?
Wind turbine-powered airplanes is the way to go, of course!

Put turbines on the wings?
They'll generate lots of power as the plane is flying.
Excellent idea!

Forum List

Back