China Commercial

draper

Jan 18, 2011
Boulder, CO

I saw this on CNN a couple of times this week. It leaves me a little miffed. What is the message meant to be? I wonder who their advertising agency/PR people are?

Last edited by a moderator:
I suppose they have as much of a right to be proud of their success as anyone else.

I suppose they have as much of a right to be proud of their success as anyone else.

Well, true -- but if the ad is meant for Chinese people, why's it in English?

I wonder if it's meant to tout CNN's extra-special insight into China as a bragging right in the US?

I think it's an inducement to invest in China. That's why it's in English.

I bet the ad was paid with stimulus money. What a great way for the adminstration touch lives . Also, I support my claim with the fact that Obama is paying Chinese farmers not to grow food during a "worldwide food shortage".

I bet the ad was paid with stimulus money. What a great way for the adminstration touch lives . Also, I support my claim with the fact that Obama is paying Chinese farmers not to grow food during a "worldwide food shortage".

:lol:

Utter nonsense.

Ah, if anything, I know Chinese New Year was yesterday and it was probably to promote China as a place to invest and also to send some sort of "We're just like you" message. They're probably tired of some of the bad press they get on human rights and they are still a Communist country.

It just seemed............off target or something.

Ah, if anything, I know Chinese New Year was yesterday and it was probably to promote China as a place to invest and also to send some sort of "We're just like you" message. They're probably tired of some of the bad press they get on human rights and they are still a Communist country.

It just seemed............off target or something.

Having been to China a number of times, it is a vastly complicated and intricate place. It's also got a very dynamic economy.

I've also seen other commericals advocating for investments in other countries, notably, Middle Eastern ones.

This is not that unusual.

Forum List

Back