China caves and agrees to loosen tariffs on US autos. Auto stocks increase as a result.

You actually believe that Tariffs benefit the economy?---:auiqs.jpg: No wins in a Trade war. The offended country will ALWAYS respond with tariffs on American products. This results in prices of products skyrocketing, inflation goes up, sending the Federal Reserve chairman to raise interest rates on car loans, credit cards, mortgage interest, while the stock market collapses. Consumers cut back on their spending and then the job lay-offs occur across every sector of the economy.

unnamed

sub-mrz030418-color_1_orig_0.jpg

An article you can read about the Great Depression and tariffs.
https://www.history.com/news/trade-war-great-depression-trump-smoot-hawley
I suppose you have no idea how far off base you are on this issue.

1. A trade war like any war of any kind, has some hardship attached. What would you expect, that they just talk, and that's it ? This may seem to be an extreme example, but the principle is the same. The US lost over 400,000 good people in World War II, but would you rather have handed the keys to America over to Adolph Hitler ?

2. The tariffs associated with the 1930s are apples and oranges, as relates to the situation today. In the 1930's, there wasn't massive outsourcing of US businesses overseas, as there is today. There also wasn't 30 years of economic foolishness, in giving China unrestricted access to our US market, while US businesses being screened out of the Chinese market.

Manufacturing is not coming back get over it. Let's take your Apple I-phone. They ship manufacturing overseas so they can compete in foreign countries. If they didn't do that, after every American bought and I-phone do expect Apple just to go bankrupt & close it's doors? So they move manufacturing where people make less, and employers aren't required to pay social security, medicare, workman's comp, unemployment insurance and medical insurance. This so foreigners can afford to buy an I-phone. The benefit to Americans is they're not paying $5000.00 for an I-phone made in the States.

There is no such thing as a TRADE DEFICIT. It is a paper deficit ONLY. We can't expect smaller populated countries like Mexico & Canada to buy 2 washers & dryers and 5 American car per family. The only place in the world we should have a trade surplus with is China as they have a bigger population, but they manipulate their currency to show a trade deficit. IN CONCLUSION every sale of an American product overseas is a TRADE SURPLUS, regardless of any paper trade deficit.

Trump is continually threatening our 3 biggest buyers of American products. 1. China 2. Canada 3. Mexico.

Last edited:
Manufacturing is not coming back get over it. Let's take your Apple I-phone. They ship manufacturing overseas so they can compete in foreign countries. If they didn't do that, after every American bought and I-phone do expect Apple just to go bankrupt & close it's doors? So they move manufacturing where people make less, and employers aren't required to pay social security, medicare, workman's comp, unemployment insurance and medical insurance. This so foreigners can afford to buy an I-phone. The benefit to Americans is they're not paying $5000.00 for an I-phone made in the States.

There is no such thing as a TRADE DEFICIT. It is a paper deficit ONLY. We can't expect smaller populated countries like Mexico & Canada to buy 2 washers & dryers and 5 American car per family. The only place in the world we should have a trade surplus with is China as they have a bigger population, but they manipulate their currency to show a trade deficit. IN CONCLUSION every sale of an American product overseas is a TRADE SURPLUS, regardless of any paper trade deficit.

Trump is continually threatening our 3 biggest buyers of American products. 1. China 2. Canada 3. Mexico.
1. Manufacturing is coming back.

American Businesses Are Returning Home From China

American Entrepreneurs Who Flocked to China Are Heading Home, Disillusioned

2. US Employers in China may not be required to pay entitlements to workers, but they are required to pay shipping costs from the extreme other side of the earth. Cheaper to ship from Tampa to Tampa, then Shanghai to Tampa.

3. The high US corporate tax that sent many US manufcturers to China is n9w gone, reduced greatly.

4. The massive amount of pre-Trump business regulation is now gone.

5. 4 US presidents before Trump took away our ability to export to China, by allowing China to screen them out with high tariffs.

6. Those president also manufacturing here difficult by giving China unrestricted access to our market, and flooding US stores with low price competition Trump has shut this down keeping Chinese products away, and allowing US manufacturers to sell here in the US, without Chinese competition undercutting them.

Last edited:
China moves to lower auto tariffs

I looked on the board for this but all I saw was endless doom a d gloom bullshit.

As I said right from the start. The tariffs could net results that hurt or help and only time would tell.
So far we have a new North American trade agreement and now China appears to be moving some chess pieces in our favor.
The final results remain to be seen but this is certainly a good sign

Here come the responses:

“But, but, but, Orange Man bad and stupid.”

China moves to lower auto tariffs

I looked on the board for this but all I saw was endless doom a d gloom bullshit.

As I said right from the start. The tariffs could net results that hurt or help and only time would tell.
So far we have a new North American trade agreement and now China appears to be moving some chess pieces in our favor.
The final results remain to be seen but this is certainly a good sign

Here come the responses:

“But, but, but, Orange Man bad and stupid.”
There is no end to them. Expect even more in the coming year, as Democrats rule the US House.

You haven't elected a KING. Every existing trade agreement was signed into law by congress. Trump can talk the talk, but unless Congress signs off on it--it's a duck that doesn't quack.
Awe how precious... look at you grasping to the hope that Americans continue to get FUCKED.

Maybe you should let China know Trump isn't a king. Then your hope of them raising the tariffs back to higher levels might come true!

One can hope right?

No just the facts. You didn't elect a KING. Any trade agreements go through congress and are signed into law by them and the President.
China is lowering tariffs DESPITE YOUR UNHINGED TANTRUM.

Carry on FRAUD

Dumbfk leftist enjoy letting China making billion off our backs not to mention the loss of millions of job because why the past assholes sent them all overseas..........

If you don't like FACTS shove it up your ass. Last week the stock market when into a yuuuuuge downfall because Trump commented that he made a deal with China. When they found out he really didn't it went into a 700 point downfall. China came out and said there was no deal.

When you get China, the congress of the United States & Trump on the same page--then wake me up. Because that's the only way trade agreements get done. It's a waste of time to even talk about what Trump says. He lies all of the time.

Of course stocks would drop on such news, they are the corporations using cheap Chinese slave labor and their factories are the ones shitting on the environment in China. A major shift in trade policy will harm those companies in the short term. In the long term companies will adjust and open manufacturing back in the states. You’re just too much of an idiot to see more than one step ahead. Thankfully our awesome President has a plan for the long term benefit of our country.

Meanwhile back in reality the trade deficit is larger than ever as our soybeans rot on the docks and housing costs rise due to a lack of raw materials.
When you get cut, you put alcohol or some kind of antiseptic on the wound. Yes, it stings for a short time, but it makes things much better, for a long time.

Or would you rather that China continue to have unrestricted access to our huge & valuable market, while they block our exports to them with 40% tariffs.

Yup. Trump is playing the long game and so far its working.

The man knows exactly what he is doing even it the lefty loons laugh at him.

Hope he continues in the same vein.

did you know?

Trump supporter Jack Posobiec spent 2 years in China and even made a movie with Jackie Chan and Jet Li.

Google it!

You are really in deep.

We have no new NAFTA. We have an agreement to talk further about reforming the old NAFTA. The old NAFTA is still in effect.

China has done nothing yet. And you should avoid the Washington Times’ headlines.

Trump is ignorant of what it takes to manage trade agreements.

Hilarious! :auiqs.jpg:

"China just announced that their economy is growing much slower than anticipated because of our Trade War with them. They have just suspended U.S. Tariff Hikes. U.S. is doing very well. China wants to make a big and very comprehensive deal. It could happen, and rather soon!

Many people have asked how we are doing in our negotiations with North Korea - I always reply by saying we are in no hurry, there is wonderful potential for great economic success for that country...Kim Jong Un sees it better than anyone and will fully take advantage of it for his people. We are doing just fine!" - President Trump

"China just announced that their economy is growing much slower than anticipated because of our Trade War with them. They have just suspended U.S. Tariff Hikes. U.S. is doing very well. China wants to make a big and very comprehensive deal. It could happen, and rather soon!

Many people have asked how we are doing in our negotiations with North Korea - I always reply by saying we are in no hurry, there is wonderful potential for great economic success for that country...Kim Jong Un sees it better than anyone and will fully take advantage of it for his people. We are doing just fine!" - President Trump
When this pos leaves the wh in shame we'll be doing just fine

When this pos leaves the wh in shame we'll be doing just fine
If you are doing poorly perhaps a little self diagnosis is in order?
Myself I am kicking right along the best I have in near a decade or so.

Forum List

Back