China Can Field an Army of 200 Million Men

India has nukes, as does Pakistan ... China can get involved if they want. I'm sure that they know 200M die just as easy under a mushroom cloud as 100k

Having weapons is one thing delivering them another. At the present time the Indians only have intermediate range missiles that may or may not be nuclear tipped. Max range 3000 km. For India and Pakistan and nuclear exchange is suicidal and they do realize this. Of course if zealots get control all bets are off.

The Chinese are a power in the region but they did not fare too well in WWII against the Japanese when they had numerical superiority. One thing that is a integral part of any fighting force is what we call the morale of the troops. If the troops have good morale the combat factor of that force is multiplied accordingly, if morale is bad then it does not matter how many troops or how good your equipment is. (See US, post 69, in Vietnam)

The Chinese will be nothing more than a regional power for the next 20 years or so because of the economic and military power that the US poses. They have the potential in a few more years to deny the US from interfering military in southeast Asia but they do not have and will not have for many years any capability outside that area.

Last edited:
India has nukes, as does Pakistan ... China can get involved if they want. I'm sure that they know 200M die just as easy under a mushroom cloud as 100k
400 million to 1 billion will die on other sides or other countries also. So world population will be 1.2 billion less people.

What will be happen to massive investments in world factories and industries when there is 1.2 Billion less people or less demand.

Last edited:
Chinese have an unlimited surplus of young fighting age men with no wives to be able to send anywhere in the world it is fact that they have boasted that they can field an army of 300 million men and women. China has had a long history of being the economic trading superpower of the world, perhaps they are attempting to rule the world economically again. Can we stop it? We do have a large army but we are already sick of these resource wars.

I agree with the estimate of China's immense "militia." There are tens of millions of young men and women moving around the countryside looking for work, living in temp shelters, footloose and with a deep anger about their fate of being shut out of the ancient, sacred family tradition they share with all Chinese, The unattached mobs of young men have always been tender boxes. This is so immense it is hard to grasp its implications. Since China is allying with Russia, Pakistan, Iran, and central Asia with all of that oil and gas, it's a potentially great global shift, if they can solve their bureaucracy problems.

The Chinese et al. will probably buy gold quietly and slowly to avoid rapid price hikes. It will be hard to detect directly, but people like Soros and Faber might have sources to watch. This could become a massive move toward a new currency base to escape the U.S. Fed's tsunami of trash paper and its Global Inflation Bubble.

World leaders and financial people always think that China is 1.3 billion or 1300 million people economy and they say China is very important for the world economic growth.

World people forget that a country with 1300 million people can build an army of 300 million or 400 million soldiers. Country with high population will have military ambitions and desire to rule the world financially or militarily.

Look on both sides of the road/street before you cross it.

If China has 700 million men and China loses 300 million men and 100 million women in big wars then China will have 400 million men and 400 million women. This is perfect for future population explosion. China will remove/abolish one-child policy.

No need for logistics. China will start conquering countries close to its border and they will keep moving ahead for the world. Similar to what Hitler did in year 1939.

Ill take a Vastly numerically inferior force of Volunteer Professional Soldiers, against a Massive mob of forced Conscripts any day.

As for your predictions about what china will do. It's sheer fantasy. We live in the Nuclear world. Doing what you say would most likely result in Nuclear war and the mass deaths of Hundreds of Millions of Chinese. Besides do not under estimate our Abilities. We may have a hard time with occupying and pacifying countries. However we excel at systematically dismantling conventional Military's in the field. If China massed a massive army on a way of conquest around Asia, US and allied air forces would Devastate them from them air. US and Allied Navies would sink every Chinese ship.

China can field big numbers sure, but we can kill Big numbers as well. Anywhere in the world, if a massive conventional Army is on the move, we and our Allies can utterly decimate it from the air, with conventional power alone, let alone our massive nuclear arsenals.

400 million to 1 billion will die on other sides or other countries also. So world population will be 1.2 billion less people.

What will be happen to massive investments in world factories and industries when there is 1.2 Billion less people or less demand.

Exactly, who exactly are they going to invade. Most of the Smaller countries to their south are massively over populated just like China, and lack the Resources and farmable Land China needs. Their Obvious Target would be Siberia. The Possession of a Nuclear armed Nation, and you can bet if it comes down to China VS Russia fighting over Siberia and it's Resources and land. The US will forget the Cold war and be right there along side the Russians kicking the Chinese in the ass.

I see you like playing board games Charles_Main. I have a hotel on Siberia, you owe me rent.

I received this information:

China already has some serious firepower the yanks are scared of. Lots of it too.

I saw on newsnight a while ago that America admit they are incapable now of attacking China should they ever need to via traditional aircraft carriers as China has a missile sytem that can take every ship out via satelite guided missiles. And don't think about nuclear either, they are well up on that and will soon be the dominant power in that field too.

Forum List

Back