China can export "electricity" to US and there is nothing Trump can do to prevent or tax it

I hate Trump's tariffs...but there are LOTS of things the U.S. government can do to stop Bitcoin. For one, they can make it illegal. So anyone holding it could be prosecuted.
Plus, you could not buy anything in America with it (except on the black market - which would make the product FAR more expensive) because it is not legal tender.

The day the government makes Bitcoin illegal...that is the same day that every medium/major American business ends ALL transactions using Bitcoin.
There is no reason to hate trumps tariffs until you see the final result and certainly there is no reason to restrict our freedom by making bitcoin is legal.

There are TONS of reasons to hate the tariffs. Like, NEVER - to my knowledge - have major tariffs to numerous, major/medium countries (done strictly for economic reasons) worked out for the originating country. Please show me an example in history when they have?
Here is the last time America tried them: Smoot–Hawley Tariff Act - Wikipedia

Also, Wall Street and the U.S. Chamber of Commerce (who represent trillions of dollars) hate them as well because they also know that they never work.

Wall Street hates Trump’s trade threats as much as it loves his tax cut - The Boston Globe

Tariffs are the Wrong Approach

Are you seriously suggesting that a man (Trump) who has multiple bankruptcies/failed businesses to his credit knows more than most of Wall Street and the U.S. Chamber of Commerce about tariffs?
Well Street and chamber of commerce mean nothing given that they had no idea the housing depression was right around the corner

Apples and Oranges. Besides, show me the video where Trump called the housing crash BEFORE it started.
But even if Trump did (which I seriously doubt), it changes nothing, History has proven that instigating a trade war for economic reasons is always negative for the instigating nation.

And I am still waiting for your link that shows when major economic tariffs on both medium AND major economic powers worked for the tariff originator.
I am not interested in your ideas/excuses...I want proof/evidence or your (and Trump's) words mean NOTHING.

And you did not answer my other question...are you saying that Trump knows more than most of Wall Street and the entire U.S. Chamber of Commerce - yes or no?
I didn’t say Trump called housing crash before it started and I didn’t say you should rely on him to predict recessions. But you did say that Wall Street and the chamber of commerce know better after they utterly failed to predict housing recession. Do you understand now?

I will ask you again - are you saying Trump knows better than most of Wall Street and the entire U.S. Chamber of Commerce about tariffs? Yes or no?

I hate Trump's tariffs...but there are LOTS of things the U.S. government can do to stop Bitcoin. For one, they can make it illegal. So anyone holding it could be prosecuted.
Plus, you could not buy anything in America with it (except on the black market - which would make the product FAR more expensive) because it is not legal tender.

The day the government makes Bitcoin illegal...that is the same day that every medium/major American business ends ALL transactions using Bitcoin.
There is no reason to hate trumps tariffs until you see the final result and certainly there is no reason to restrict our freedom by making bitcoin is legal.

There are TONS of reasons to hate the tariffs. Like, NEVER - to my knowledge - have major tariffs to numerous, major/medium countries (done strictly for economic reasons) worked out for the originating country. Please show me an example in history when they have?

Also, Wall Street and the U.S. Chamber of Commerce (who represent trillions of dollars) hate them as well because they also know that they never work.

Wall Street hates Trump’s trade threats as much as it loves his tax cut - The Boston Globe

Are you seriously suggesting that a man (Trump) who has multiple bankruptcies/failed businesses to his credit knows more than most of Wall Street and the U.S. Chamber of Commerce about tariffs?
Well Street and chamber of commerce mean nothing given that they had no idea the housing depression was right around the corner

Apples and Oranges. Besides, show me the video where Trump called the housing crash BEFORE it started.
But even if Trump did (which I seriously doubt), it changes nothing, History has proven that instigating a trade war for economic reasons is always negative for the instigating nation.

And I am still waiting for your link that shows when major economic tariffs on both medium AND major economic powers worked for the tariff originator.
I am not interested in your ideas/excuses...I want proof/evidence or your (and Trump's) words mean NOTHING.

And you did not answer my other question...are you saying that Trump knows more than most of Wall Street and the entire U.S. Chamber of Commerce - yes or no?
Trumps tariffs are supposed to work by causing free trade. Do you understand what that means?

Trump is doing it for protectionism...just like Smoot Hawley.

Trump Says Tariffs Are Needed To Protect Vital Industries, But Are They?
TPP off, Trump wants to protect American jobs - Berita Daily

Either show it or admit that you cannot.

LOL...are you serious? Protecting American industries is EXACTLY why Trump started

Wrong of course his advisers say that Trump is a free trader and that he is using rerriffs just like the Chinese are using terriffs only in trumps case that is to promote the free trade p

What on earth do you think all the negotiation is about??? Obviously it’s to promote free trade

Trumps tariffs are supposed to work by causing free trade. Do you understand what that means?

Yes, but it won't work. IT NEVER HAS.

And Trump is also doing it for protectionism...not JUST free trade.

please stop re-printing 1000 old debates Ask one question at a time and one post so the others can follow along without reading 1 million words do you understand this? China has Used terriffs very successfully to screw Americans so there’s your answer. See how silly your question was now?

LOL...are you serious? Protecting American industries is EXACTLY why Trump started

Wrong of course his advisers say that Trump is a free trader and that he is using rerriffs just like the Chinese are using terriffs only in trumps case that is to promote the free trade p

What on earth do you think all the negotiation is about??? Obviously it’s to promote free trade

Wrong.
You typed: 'Trump is a free trader and his tarrifs are designed to promote free trade. Smooth Holly was a terrrif not designed to promote free trade but to protect American industries.'

Trump has promised to protect American jobs. That is protectionism.

Trump Promised to Protect Steel. Layoffs Are Coming Instead.

What Trump and Smoot-Hawley are/were doing is the SAME THING...it's called protectionism.

'What is 'Protectionism'
Protectionism refers to government actions and policies that restrict or restrain international trade, often with the intent of protecting local businesses and jobs from foreign competition.'

Protectionism

Do you understand that?

Last edited:

Wrong. Trump has promised to protect American jobs. That is protectionism...which you said that was what Smoot-Hawley did BUT NOT what Trump is doing. But I just proved you wrong...protectionism is EXACTLY what Trump is doing - and he admits it.

What he says in public obviously means nothing. What on earth do you think all the negotiation is about and why do you think Leithauser and Navarro are free traders and say Trump is a free trader??

please stop re-printing 1000 old debates Ask one question at a time and one post so the others can follow along without reading 1 million words do you understand this? China has Used terriffs very successfully to screw Americans so there’s your answer. See how silly your question was now?

LOL...hey pal...you are the one that answered ONE of my posts with THREE of your own (for GOD knows what reason)...you are the one who started this mess - not me.

I will ask you for the FIFTH time...where is your link that shows when major economic tariffs on both medium AND major economic powers worked for the tariff originator.

Wrong. Trump has promised to protect American jobs. That is protectionism...which you said that was what Smoot-Hawley did BUT NOT what Trump is doing. But I just proved you wrong...protectionism is EXACTLY what Trump is doing - and he admits it.

What he says in public obviously means nothing. What on earth do you think all the negotiation is about and why do you think Leithauser and Navarro are free traders and say Trump is a free trader??

LOL...so now you know when Trump is lying in public? Okaaaaaay.

Show me a link to factual proof that Trump was lying when he said he started the tariffs to protect jobs?

BTW - I doubt millions of workers will like that he did not mean it when he said that he was doing this to protect their jobs.

Takeaway electricity?

Square-Food-Grade-Paper-Chinese-Take-Away.jpg

Ok...........that was weird.................

bitcoin to electricity.........

Okie dokey
Bit coin is made of electricity it is not a solid object it is stored in computer code. You send the correct electrical impulses to an owner of bitcoin and the electric becomes bitcoin!

Really?

You kidding.

What? Build cable to US?

Uhuk uhu

Of course not.

1st step:Convert electricity to bitcoin. Chinese are better than US in this regard. Major bitcoin asic manufacturers, GPU manufacturers are in China.
2nd step: "Export" btc to US. There is absolutely NOTHING US government can do to stop it. That is why bitcoin is awesome. There is NOTHING US government can do.
3rd step: Send dollars to China. Okay there are things US can do to prevent this. But well, you know. The last step is optional. Bitcoin is as good as money. The chinese can buy anything they want with it and pay with bitcoin. So 2nd and 3rd step is really optional.

Alas. The chinks shot themselves in the foot. Chinese government ban bitcoin again and again.

Actually, bitcoin can be used as a weapon on trade war. Any country that is hit by trade war can just get cheap energy, build bitcoin and then tada, live. That would greatly blunt effect of any trade war.

Yes, bitcoin price is unstable. But if they use bitcoin to import stuff right away, it's not a problem.

Bitcoin would be nearly impossible to detect and root out. Electric currencies could pose a big problems, for governments in the future.

Really?

You kidding.

What? Build cable to US?

Uhuk uhu

Of course not.

1st step:Convert electricity to bitcoin. Chinese are better than US in this regard. Major bitcoin asic manufacturers, GPU manufacturers are in China.
2nd step: "Export" btc to US. There is absolutely NOTHING US government can do to stop it. That is why bitcoin is awesome. There is NOTHING US government can do.
3rd step: Send dollars to China. Okay there are things US can do to prevent this. But well, you know. The last step is optional. Bitcoin is as good as money. The chinese can buy anything they want with it and pay with bitcoin. So 2nd and 3rd step is really optional.

Alas. The chinks shot themselves in the foot. Chinese government ban bitcoin again and again.

Actually, bitcoin can be used as a weapon on trade war. Any country that is hit by trade war can just get cheap energy, build bitcoin and then tada, live. That would greatly blunt effect of any trade war.

Yes, bitcoin price is unstable. But if they use bitcoin to import stuff right away, it's not a problem.

Bitcoin would be nearly impossible to detect and root out. Electric currencies could pose a big problems, for governments in the future.

Yes, it would be EXTREMELY difficult to find someone possessing or using Bitcoin (assuming both parties in the transaction keep it quiet). That is why organized criminals and terrorists love it so.

But if the government bans Bitcoin, than it is immediately impossible to use it in the U.S. for legal tender at almost any retailer. Certainly any major/medium-sized retailer. There is NO WAY a retailer is going to risk pissing off the US government/IRS by using Bitcoin, if it were deemed illegal in America.

That is my point.

Really?

You kidding.

What? Build cable to US?

Uhuk uhu

Of course not.

Yes, it would be EXTREMELY difficult to find someone possessing or using Bitcoin (assuming both parties in the transaction keep it quiet). That is why organized criminals and terrorists love it so.

But if the government bans Bitcoin, than it is immediately impossible to use it in the U.S. for legal tender at almost any retailer. Certainly any major/medium-sized retailer. There is NO WAY a retailer is going to risk pissing off the US government/IRS by using Bitcoin, if it were deemed illegal in America.

That is my point.
There is always some body that will!

Show me a link to factual proof that Trump was lying when he said he started the tariffs to protect jobs?
?? Trump is mostly a free trader who is using tariffs against those who have used them against us to encourage them to end the trade war they have been winning

?? Trump is mostly a free trader who is using tariffs against those who have used them against us to encourage them to end the trade war they have been winning

If that is indeed the case then I am all for it. China shouldn't put too many rules on US tech companies. No need for requirement of transfer of technology. No need for those. If they keep doing it, it makes sense if US retaliate with tariff.

That being said, I seriously doubt that it's the real issue.

US workers are simply overpaid. You don't pay 50k a year to someone that just drive car. There are tons of car drivers in Indonesia and mexico you can hire for cheaper.

Yet you insist on doing just that.

They are citizen. They can vote. They vote for higher minimum wage and they vote to keep cheap immigrants out.

Fine.

That means american business need to pay more for workers. And it's hard to compete when the laws and rules are not in your side. Much easier to move factories to china and import from there.

Forum List

Back