China Buys Peruvian Copper Mine for $6 Billion

longknife

Diamond Member
Sep 21, 2012
Sin City
Why should we care? After all, it's far from the USA. :eusa_whistle:

Yeah, but what is copper used for? If we lack access to it for our technology, what is it going to cost us. Another matter of world affairs ignored by American media with its obsession for things it thinks will attract viewers/readers.

A Chinese consortium is buying Glencore Xstrata's copper mine in Peru in a $6bn (£3.6bn) all-cash deal, marking one of China's largest mining acquisitions.

The mine is expected to produce more than 450,000 tonnes of copper a year in its first five years.

China relies heavily on the metal, which is used in electronics production.

Read more @ BBC News - China group buys $6bn Glencore Peru copper mine

China is buying up the world one copper mine and one farm etc at a time.

Eventually China will own the whole world.

The good news?

EYE won't be here to suffer it. ;)

Last edited:

The good news?

Heard the same about Japan in the 80's

Also, why mine copper when the great source of pure copper is in unused phone lines?

The good news?

Heard the same about Japan in the 80's

Also, why mine copper when the great source of pure copper is in unused phone lines?

China, where the state owns 'everything',...is a lot more organised, a lot bigger, and a much different proposition from Japan.

China buys up Ukraine
China buys huge swathe of Ukraine in grab for farmland - Channel 4 News

China buys up Britain.
China buys up Britain as politics takes a back seat - Telegraph

China buys up Africa.
Is China buying up Africa? ? Amanpour - CNN.com Blogs

Africa is the world's fastest growing market and has the world's richest mineral reserves, so obviously there's money to be made. But do the Chinese want more?

Some argue that this is a new form of colonialism – a repeat of Africa's hated past.

Nigeria's central bank governor recently said, “China takes our primary goods and sells us manufactured ones. This was also the essence of colonialism. Africa is now willingly opening itself up to a new form of imperialism."

Why should we care? After all, it's far from the USA. :eusa_whistle:

Yeah, but what is copper used for? If we lack access to it for our technology, what is it going to cost us. Another matter of world affairs ignored by American media with its obsession for things it thinks will attract viewers/readers.

A Chinese consortium is buying Glencore Xstrata's copper mine in Peru in a $6bn (£3.6bn) all-cash deal, marking one of China's largest mining acquisitions.

The mine is expected to produce more than 450,000 tonnes of copper a year in its first five years.

China relies heavily on the metal, which is used in electronics production.

Read more @ BBC News - China group buys $6bn Glencore Peru copper mine
I just track this and it is not actually a Chinese Company. When I tracked it further trying to find the primary players it came to this guy

https://www.bing.com/images/search?...878&thid=JN.sYuEU7ffSsG0DggCA7Lm7A&ajaxhist=0

I think that this may track back to all the big gold, silver and copper buys in the last few years.
Video Announces Launching of ISIS Gold Dinar, Vows to Destroy U.S. Economy
I questioned why copper was so high here a few years ago and the local scapper said it was all being bought up by the Cinese market. It does not appear to be that away once you start tracking it all down.

Forum List

Back