China bans Ramadan

Not the people, the government.

And the entire Chinese government sucks because of this localized ban on a limited number of people observing Ramadan?

I'm having difficulty understanding exactly why you dislike the Chinese government.

You're kidding, right?

1. China has a problem with terrorists self-identifying as Muslim.

2. In the area, the government restricts certain people from celebrating a month-long Muslim observance.

3. "CHINA SUCKS"

I am not making my own assertions on why the Chinese government is good or bad, but rather, I am attempting to understand assertions made by Peach to that effect and the rationale behind them.

And the entire Chinese government sucks because of this localized ban on a limited number of people observing Ramadan?

I'm having difficulty understanding exactly why you dislike the Chinese government.

You're kidding, right?

I didn't phrase it correctly, China remains totalitarian, totalitarian goverments suck. Happy 4th to ALL.

So you have no problem at all with the restrictions on the observance of Ramadan, but rather with more general trends in the recent track record of the Chinese government?

You're kidding, right?

2. In the area, the government restricts certain people from celebrating a month-long Muslim observance.

3. "CHINA SUCKS"

I am not making my own assertions on why the Chinese government is good or bad, but rather, I am attempting to understand assertions made by Peach to that effect and the rationale behind them.

You're kidding, right?

I didn't phrase it correctly, China remains totalitarian, totalitarian goverments suck. Happy 4th to ALL.

So you have no problem at all with the restrictions on the observance of Ramadan, but rather with more general trends in the recent track record of the Chinese government?

Both, and always with totalitarians(.)

You're kidding, right?

3. "CHINA SUCKS"

What issue do you take with the Ramadan restrictions? What recent Chinese government policies or actions do you view as being totalitarian?

3. "CHINA SUCKS"

What issue do you take with the Ramadan restrictions?

Would you have no problem with your government restricting your (otherwise and up to now legal) practice of your religion?

also, looks like a W, to stand for "Wong", in front the N word.

No idea how this part popped into your head...

Slurs I have heard, before Mercury was kind enough to explain the term, after you also were gracious enough to post the history of the Uygurs. I have heard slurs against those of Asian descent, including "Wongs", as a slur. "Wiggers" has another connotation, directed at Caucasians that act as though they were from the 'hood.

3. "CHINA SUCKS"

What issue do you take with the Ramadan restrictions? What recent Chinese government policies or actions do you view as being totalitarian?

China Human Rights | Amnesty International USA

A few released from incarceration to appease the international community, and encourage trade does not alter decades of human rights abuses.

Ramadan is a fake holiday anyways, you want to celebrate it? Go to fucking mecca, by the pictures, they seem to like sweaty hairy guys in white sheets walking through the desert, except I never see a porta-potty in the pictures, ever.

A few released from incarceration to appease the international community, and encourage trade does not alter decades of human rights abuses.

That's a great link and everything, but it doesn't answer my question, which was: "What recent Chinese government policies or actions do you view as being totalitarian?"

If you're going to simply post links--without any form of explanation--as your form of "discussion," I will be forced to make inferences about your positions and viewpoints, and attribute any omissions, inaccuracies, or other failings in the link to you. Posting a link without any comment on it appears to be your way of regurgitating everything contained in that link, but without having to actually copy and paste the material.

Your link mentions that "Statistics on death sentences and executions remained classified as state secrets and, while executions numbered in the thousands, the government did not release actual figures." Where did you get your information that "executions numbered in the thousands" if statistics on executions are classified? You're making two claims here that seem incompatible.

Judging by that link, you also think it is wrong that "Tibetan filmmaker Dhondup Wangchen was released on June 5 at the end of his six year sentence for 'inciting separatism.'" What is so abhorrent about this? Given your comment on the general issue of prisoner releases, you seem to view them as a means to an end, namely easing off international pressure and bolstering the Chinese economy. I am under the impression that you believe the releases as not reflective of the law, but reflective of the current administration's whims. Why do you take such a view? Do you have any evidence to support this? Have you examined Chinese law to come to the conclusion that the releases of these prisoners are drastically early and are being done solely at the request of the national government's leaders?

Ramadan is a fake holiday anyways, you want to celebrate it? Go to fucking mecca, by the pictures, they seem to like sweaty hairy guys in white sheets walking through the desert, except I never see a porta-potty in the pictures, ever.

Muslims dont need a porta-potty. They strap a bag on that dangles beneath their buttocks. Whenever they need to relieve themselves, they just shit and it falls in their bag. Its convenient because their praying is never inturrupted; not even if they are liquid shitting all day. They call them Allah-bags.

True story.

That's a great link and everything, but it doesn't answer my question, which was: "What recent Chinese government policies or actions do you view as being totalitarian?"

If you're going to simply post links--without any form of explanation--as your form of "discussion," I will be forced to make inferences about your positions and viewpoints, and attribute any omissions, inaccuracies, or other failings in the link to you. Posting a link without any comment on it appears to be your way of regurgitating everything contained in that link, but without having to actually copy and paste the material.

Your link mentions that "Statistics on death sentences and executions remained classified as state secrets and, while executions numbered in the thousands, the government did not release actual figures." Where did you get your information that "executions numbered in the thousands" if statistics on executions are classified? You're making two claims here that seem incompatible.

Judging by that link, you also think it is wrong that "Tibetan filmmaker Dhondup Wangchen was released on June 5 at the end of his six year sentence for 'inciting separatism.'" What is so abhorrent about this? Given your comment on the general issue of prisoner releases, you seem to view them as a means to an end, namely easing off international pressure and bolstering the Chinese economy. I am under the impression that you believe the releases as not reflective of the law, but reflective of the current administration's whims. Why do you take such a view? Do you have any evidence to support this? Have you examined Chinese law to come to the conclusion that the releases of these prisoners are drastically early and are being done solely at the request of the national government's leaders?

Censorship, of the Internet, broadcast, and printed materials, the one child "policy" enforced through mandatory abortions*, laws criminalizing opposition to the state, Hukuo (home registration), "Regulation of Religious Affairs" department, "Property Rights Law" (all land belongs to the state), State Security Law (self explanatory), ETC.

*China announced some relaxation, how kind:mad:

Not fake to those who believe; as for those hideous portable things, do you know anybody in the US who goes camping? Many campsites have no latrines.

I am not Muslim but the concern I have with this is that, if they are able to ban Ramadan, what other religious practices would they be able to ban? When you take the rights of one religious group you might as well take the rights of all religious groups. I understand that in China being Muslim and especially being Christian is not what is most popular, however when Chinese people immigrate to American we dont put a ban on Buddhism. There needs to be more respect for other peoples religion whether it is your religion or not because once religious practices start being banned, all of your rights and freedoms are no longer definite. I do understand China has a different government than the United States but this is ridiculous.

I understand that in China being Muslim and especially being Christian is not what is most popular...

There have been Christians, and even more so Muslims, in China for centuries. Islam has a long history in China.

Forum List

Back