China: A favored nation?

Access to american markets is a privelige given to free nations, not a right for thugs around the globe.

rtwngAvngr said:
ANy or all of the above seem appropriate. Maybe a combination.

No it wouldn't. It would have a huge impact, but we could gear up quick. Or gasp, do without some cheap goods for awhile.

My own inability to boycott china indicates our already dangerously high levels of dependance upon totalitarians.

This wouldn't happen. And if china thought we might actually DO IT, they may just give their citizens a contitution. Have you considered that? Of course not, you're brainwashed.
So what are you doing about it besides spouting off on a messageboard?

The ClayTaurus said:
So what are you doing about it besides spouting off on a messageboard?

So you agree something should be done about it?

The ClayTaurus said:
You tell me what you're actually doing about it, and then I'll answer your questions.

:rotflmao: You're such a boner.

rtwngAvngr said:
:rotflmao: You're such a boner.
So you're doing NOTHING about it then. Man. What an ass. Enlightened as to the downfall of the country and you just sit in your basement spouting off third grade insults on a message board.

See why no one takes you seriously? Your words are deafened by the silence of your actions.

The ClayTaurus said:
So you're doing NOTHING about it then. Man. What an ass. Enlightened as to the downfall of the country and you just sit in your basement spouting off third grade insults on a message board.

See why no one takes you seriously? Your words are deafened by the silence of your actions.

Do you agree something should be done, and it's WRONG to empower slave-labor-using fascists?

rtwngAvngr said:
Do you agree something should be done, and it's WRONG to empower slave-labor-using fascists?
I'll deflect as long and as hard as you deflect. Your unwillingness to just man up and answer is actually quite telling, but I will again ask:

What are you doing to stop the supposed downfall of this country besides frequenting messageboards? ANYTHING? I mean, it's so important and all.

The ClayTaurus said:
I'll deflect as long and as hard as you deflect. Your unwillingness to just man up and answer is actually quite telling, but I will again ask:

What are you doing to stop the supposed downfall of this country besides frequenting messageboards? ANYTHING? I mean, it's so important and all.

My actions should have no impact on your opinions. WHy do you posit this false linkage? Is it cuz you're a boner?

rtwngAvngr said:
My actions should have no impact on your opinions. WHy do you posit this false linkage? Is it cuz you're a boner?
They have no impact on my opinion. Now seriously, what are you doing about this? You keep evading because you're not doing anything, are you?

You're disgusting. You're worse than the brainwashed. You know full well the country is ending and are doing NOTHING, or at most VERY LITTLE about it. Shame on you.

rtwngAvngr said:
Why didn't we take this approach with cuban goods? Or with south africa?

We did, but we shouldn't have.

rtwngAvngr said:
We should bring totalitarian china to it's knees with a massive national boycott.

When you say "boycott", what you mean to say is "trade embargo, enforced by the mailed fist of the state". A trade embargo would bring China to it's knees, true enough. It would also bring america to it's knees. Cheap chinese imports from Walmart or wherever are about the only thing going down in price. If it wasn't for them, we would have seen the same fed-created inflation in domestic industries--health care, housing, education, etc. Imagine if the cost of basic consumer goods had kept pace with those industries over the last 10 years.

Your side was wrong in the 1930's when the disasterous Smoot-Hawley trade tariffs were passed, and helped wreck the economy. Your side was wrong when Japan was in China's situation 40 years ago. Your side is wrong now. Once China's wages reach the level of Korea or Japan in another 20~30 years (they are already going up btw), your side will be wrong about whatever the next low-cost labor hotspot is, probably Africa.

rtwngAvngr said:
WHo here believes the lie that billions in trade with the chinese fascists will somehow make the people there more free? How does that work, exactly?

You may be surprised to know that millions of rural chinese are voluntarily flocking towards the cities to get manufacturing jobs.

You're also making a classic liberal-style error: you assume that $10 a day or whatever is a slave wage. In america, yes. In a developing country, no. The cost of living is drastically lower.

(Actually, not in america either; it's not slave labor if you can walk off the job voluntarily.)

rtwngAvngr said:
Access to american markets is a privelige given to free nations, not a right for thugs around the globe.

No. Free, voluntary trade of one person's property with anothers is a fundamental human right.

BaronVonBigmeat said:
We did, but we shouldn't have.

When you say "boycott", what you mean to say is "trade embargo, enforced by the mailed fist of the state". A trade embargo would bring China to it's knees, true enough. It would also bring america to it's knees. Cheap chinese imports from Walmart or wherever are about the only thing going down in price. If it wasn't for them, we would have seen the same fed-created inflation in domestic industries--health care, housing, education, etc. Imagine if the cost of basic consumer goods had kept pace with those industries over the last 10 years.
Ok. Trade embargo. You assume that without china we would have no other way of getting goods. Without china the FREE world would have developed their capacities and techniques to keep things cheap WITHOUT slave labor.
Your side was wrong in the 1930's when the disasterous Smoot-Hawley trade tariffs were passed, and helped wreck the economy. Your side was wrong when Japan was in China's situation 40 years ago. Your side is wrong now. Once China's wages reach the level of Korea or Japan in another 20~30 years (they are already going up btw), your side will be wrong about whatever the next low-cost labor hotspot is, probably Africa.
I only advocate banning imports from TOTALITARIAN nations. I'm not a protectionist. How will reaching a certain wage level translate into freedom?
You may be surprised to know that millions of rural chinese are voluntarily flocking towards the cities to get manufacturing jobs.

You're also making a classic liberal-style error: you assume that $10 a day or whatever is a slave wage. In america, yes. In a developing country, no. The cost of living is drastically lower.

(Actually, not in america either; it's not slave labor if you can walk off the job voluntarily.)

No. Free, voluntary trade of one person's property with anothers is a fundamental human right.

They have full fledged slave labor.

Access to american markets is not a birthright of any thug looking to sell his bloody wares.

http://www.newsmax.com/archives/articles/2003/1/10/200712.shtml
But much of China’s forced labor is carefully hidden from the Western World. A 1992 “white paper” issued by the Chinese regime in defense of its labor camps raised more questions than it answered, as far as Wu was concerned.

For example, he asks, “[W]hy do they put phony names on their prison camp factories, as if trying to conceal the profitable use of forced labor?”

At one camp of lost souls hunched over their machines, stripped of their identities (in some cases for decades), the security officer was asked if he could guarantee the quality of his products.

“No problem,” he answered. He then cited an example of a German manufacturer who bought steel pipes from the camps, and labeled them as being made in Germany. So the products were good enough for the Germans. “How about that!” he marveled.

Click here
for the full story on Slave Labor in China

dilloduck said:
I'm NOT going to try to read everything in Google in one afternoon--I would have to work like a slave!:teeth:

oh come on. Work Makes You Free. Arbeit Macht Frei.

The ClayTaurus said:
They have no impact on my opinion. Now seriously, what are you doing about this? You keep evading because you're not doing anything, are you?

You're disgusting. You're worse than the brainwashed. You know full well the country is ending and are doing NOTHING, or at most VERY LITTLE about it. Shame on you.

SO you agree trade with china is bad?

New Topics

Forum List

Back