China 9 9 6

rightwinger

Award Winning USMB Paid Messageboard Poster
Aug 4, 2009
Chinese billionaire defending 996 work schedule
Work 9 to 9 each day, 6 days a week
Not enough time to have a life

Jack Ma endorses China's controversial '996' work culture - CNN

Jack Ma, founder of e-commerce giant Alibaba (BABA), has spoken out on social media in recent days in support of the Chinese work practice known as "996." The number refers to working from 9 am to 9 pm six days a week and is said to be common among the country's big technology companies and start-ups.
"If we find things we like, 996 is not a problem," Ma said in a blog post Sunday on Chinese social media site Weibo. "If you don't like [your work], every minute is torture," he added.

Jack Ma, founder of e-commerce giant Alibaba (BABA), has spoken out on social media in recent days in support of the Chinese work practice known as "996." The number refers to working from 9 am to 9 pm six days a week and is said to be common among the country's big technology companies and start-ups.
"If we find things we like, 996 is not a problem," Ma said in a blog post Sunday on Chinese social media site Weibo. "If you don't like [your work], every minute is torture," he added.
They should make the employer pay 10 hours of overtime per week

And?

I worked in the oil and gas industry. We worked 16 hours a day seven days a week. It was what you did. It slowly changed down to six days by the time I left it was five sometimes six days a week.

Working 30 hours a week and thinking you are going to get a head in life is not really the best approach.

And?

I worked in the oil and gas industry. We worked 16 hours a day seven days a week. It was what you did. It slowly changed down to six days by the time I left it was five sometimes six days a week.

Working 30 hours a week and thinking you are going to get a head in life is not really the best approach.

Nothing wrong with voluntarily working

When it becomes expected by employers it becomes excessive. Denying your workers a life outside of employment abuses not only the worker but his family

And?

Exactly. As long as they're not being forced into it, it's none of my business how much someone else works.

But this is China were talking about.

If only American workers would learn to "take one for the team" like their Chinese counterparts . . .

And?

When it becomes expected by employers it becomes excessive. Denying your workers a life outside of employment abuses not only the worker but his family
A number of companies require their people to put in overtime when deadlines need to be meet. Some it is part of the job requirements. If you take a job knowing that you maybe required to work overtime as part of the job you can either take the job and work the hours or you can take another job that overtime is not a requirement.

Until someone makes you take a certain job then calling taking a job that may ask you for overtime is hardly abuse. Last I knew no one was an indentured slave that was required to take a job from any employer nor unable to quit.

And?

A number of companies require their people to put in overtime when deadlines need to be meet. Some it is part of the job requirements. If you take a job knowing that you maybe required to work overtime as part of the job you can either take the job and work the hours or you can take another job that overtime is not a requirement.

Until someone makes you take a certain job then calling taking a job that may ask you for overtime is hardly abuse. Last I knew no one was an indentured slave that was required to take a job from any employer nor unable to quit.
Nothing wrong with meeting deadlines

But working 996 to be considered loyal is abusive

Better than the French model 9 4 4.5 I suppose.

I used to work 6 to 6 6 days a week...

Wait, am I Lucifer?

Alright, I did work like that when I was young and if someone want to then that is their choice but no one should be forced to do so.

And?

When I got out of school and worked for GE Capital I worked 7-8 or 9 and sometimes seven days a week. Such is life for many. I was Not forced to do so but I learned a lot and they gave me a stipend to pay for grad school. These schedules are not uncommon in finance, I banking and startups. As you advance in your career the hours normalize. Didn’t teach you that at U of Buffalo it seems.

And?

Still say until federal, state or city government tells somone where they have to work it should be between the employer and employee.
If somone doesn't mind it is no ones business but theirs.
If the company makes demands and no one wants the job they will either amend the hours or the job will go unfilled.

There are probably a number of people who do not want to clean toilets but there are those that do it every time a motel room is cleaned. Should the maids be told they don't have to?

Leave it to slack ass lazy liberals to consider work a form of oppression to be avoided at all costs. Work is not something other than your life it is a part of your life, a very important part. Lazy shits.

New Topics

Forum List

Back