Chili Cook-Off

Nienna

VIP Member
Feb 24, 2005
Ohio
It's the annual chili cook-off at church. My husband is stewing and brewing in the kitchen. Except... "Honey! Where is that garlic pusher? Can you push me one club of garlic?"

I would help the poor man, but I'm a judge! :D

"Hooonneeeyy! Where's the koomin?"
"I think this might be the best chili I've ever made." :D

It's so cute to watch, really. He's so happy in there, rummaging through cabinets, mispronouncing the names of spices. I think he's really proud of HIS chili.

P.S. My recipe card is propped up by the stove. Otherwise, I don't think he would have known there was such a thing as "koomin" in the whole wide world! ;)

I can't use a recipe for things like chili.. It has to be made strictly by taste.. Therefore, I could never enter a contest..

"What's your recipe consist of?"

"Some stuff."

mom4 said:
It's so cute to watch, really. He's so happy in there, rummaging through cabinets, mispronouncing the names of spices. I think he's really proud of HIS chili.

P.S. My recipe card is propped up by the stove. Otherwise, I don't think he would have known there was such a thing as "koomin" in the whole wide world! ;)
Make em suffer, MOM!! Make em suffer!!! :laugh:

Shattered said:
I can't use a recipe for things like chili.. It has to be made strictly by taste.. Therefore, I could never enter a contest..

"What's your recipe consist of?"

"Some stuff."
I use a recipe as a starting point. I usually throw in a little of "this and that" depending on how I feel.

Last one, and then I'll stop making fun of him. He is my husband, after all...
"Hey, Honey? Is CayAnne pepper hot?"
:laugh:

Forum List

Back