Chilean miners' rescue has a successful beginning

Si modo

Diamond Member
Sep 9, 2009
Fairfax, Virginia
After 69 days trapped about half of a mile underground, miners are being rescued. What a fabulous success.

Seventh of 33 men rescued from Chilean mine

By MICHAEL WARREN, Associated Press Writer Michael Warren, Associated Press Writer – 40 mins ago

SAN JOSE MINE, Chile – To hugs, cheers and tears, rescuers using a missile-like escape capsule began pulling 33 men one by one to fresh air and freedom at last early Wednesday, 69 days after they were trapped in a collapsed mine a half-mile underground.

Seven men were pulled out in the first hours of the apparently problem-free operation in the Chile's Atacama desert — a drama that saw the world captivated by the miners' endurance and unity as officials meticulously prepared their rescue.

Seventh of 33 men rescued from Chilean mine - Yahoo! News

I congratulate Chile and its people for an amazing rescue. It looked professional and well executed and resulted in saving 33 lives

I congratulate Chile and its people for an amazing rescue. It looked professional and well executed and resulted in saving 33 lives
Agreed. It's really wonderful to see this happen and it's cool to see the graciously accepted assistance from other nations, too. So far, ten of them are out.

Keep hoping the mojo stays in the positive for them.

It's nice to have a feel-good news story leading.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back