Children's hospital launches sex change for kids program

I have 4 boys and one little girl. I treat her no different but her older brothers sure do. I have 16, 14, 12, and 10 yr old boys and my little girl is 5. All but the 10 yr old treat her wonderful and like she's a princess. The 10 yr old... Well I think he's too close in age to her. They fight like cats and dogs.

I'm a lot healthier now that I was. It took a lot of growing and realizing that just because I wasn't given a fair life, doesn't mean I can't love life. I'm now proud to be a mother and thankfully had the 'tomboy' to fall back on when I ended up with so many of boys.

I still don't feel completely OK in a dress but I know I look good in one and try to do it at least once a week. It puts a smile on my hubby's face as well. I figure no harm in that.

Oh it was funny... When we found out we where finally expecting a daughter during the ultrasound, DH said... I guess it's time to girly up. I'm working on it. Thankfully I have a SIL that lives close and is extremely girly. We're planning on doing a sleep overs with makeup, chick flicks in the next few years. Maybe I'll take my SIL's bra and freeze it :cool:.

lol! You're okay in my book, even though you're a bushbot.

You sound like a wonderful mom.

How do you allow small children to determine what sex they want to be? Last I checked age of consent is not till 18, with 16 the earliest one would allow a child to be on their own legally.

Children are in no position to determine this, that is just crazy. You see no problem with parents and doctors brainwashing a small child into this but are just APPALLED 16 year olds have sex with older men.

Simply amazing.

No honey... the 16 year old had FOUR kids!! THAT MEANS SHE WAS BEING RAPED AT 12...

You seem to have a problem differentiating between issues and topics. So why not see if you can't avoid derailing this thread like you try to derail so many others.

No honey... the 16 year old had FOUR kids!! THAT MEANS SHE WAS BEING RAPED AT 12...

You seem to have a problem differentiating between issues and topics. So why not see if you can't avoid derailing this thread like you try to derail so many others.

You are aware of course no such girl exists? That they are now pretty sure it was hoax by a black lady in Colorado? Further it was physically impossible for the story to be true to begin with? The supposed father has not been in Texas in 5 years. But do go on and on about how it is fine to brain wash small children into changing their sex.

Angel Heart, fascinating, your painful experience proves something few face, sex is at our core and not something that is a choice or preference in spite of some of the strange things you see in life. You were obviously secure in your sexuality in spite of a father who wanted a boy. We often see families where they try and try for a boy or look at India. I come from a too large family and the first girl didn't come till #9 spoiling our base ball team but more came so we had everything except money. We have boys but our first grand person was a daughter. What a joy she is and while like her father obviously a girl already.

Where is the righteous indignation when teenaged girls who are being "raped" before they're of age go in for their state-funded abortions?

I really am interested in how you justify the double standard. A girl going for an ABORTION has a right to privacy...whereas a girl who is MARRIED is a "victim".

It doesn't make sense to me.

I think there is an element of sexual behaviour here that is getting mixed up with the physical aspects of sexual identity. I grew up with a guy that was about as girly as one could get without flaming. Most of the guys wouldn't have anything to do with him and the girls, of course, thought he was OK to hang around with but nothing more than that. The truth of the matter though was that he wasn't gay, he wasn't attracted to men, and when it came to women he was just a very non-machismo, die-hard romantic.

He just expressed himself in a way that most would think he was girlish. In his earlier years he preferred hanging out with the girls, etc. Fortunately, he grew up in a family that didn't care and he had a circle of friends who basically excepted him as he was, as well.

40 years later, he's a missionary in South America with two boys (one serving in Iraq) with a fantastically supportive wife of over 30 years, living a full and rich life.

Now, what would have happened if his parents had been the type who would have been concerned that he had sexual identity issues when he was younger and rushed him off to some shrink at one of these hospitals? If they had pressed him at an early age as to whether he thought of himself as being a girl rather than boy? There is something wrong here.

How many kids worldwide do you think suffer from that? And do you honestly think those are the only kids getting the operations?

No child should be getting a sex change operation. No ethical doctor would perform that surgery on a child who is NOT legally, morally and mentally mature enough to make what amounts to an irreversible surgery and destroys their fertility. Even when absolutely necessary to save a person's life, doctors try to preserve a person's fertility unless it is just impossible or the person has finished having children. Sex change isn't necessary to save the life -but it is impossible to do without destroying the person's fertility. So doctors try to insure a very lengthy process to make sure the person is actually a good candidate for surgery and truly understands the irreversible nature of that decision.

Secondly, that kind of operation isn't done on anyone who hasn't finished growing because further physical growth alters surgical results -nearly always for the worse. Scar tissue doesn't grow and stretch with growth because it is abnormal tissue. It only becomes tight, less mobile and more painful, prone to splitting open and not healing properly.

Postponing puberty is only going to make a gender-confused kid stand out even more among his/her peers -during the very same time that person is already experiencing difficulties and confusion in their personal relationships and feelings. The article is talking about people in their teens to their early 20s -so it isn't like no one's going to notice that while everyone else their age is starting to look like a physically mature adult, Johnny and Suzie look like hairless, scrawny, flat-chested preteens who aren't developing at all. We all know that is like tossing a kitten among a pack of wild dogs.

What are the longterm consequences of a medication-caused delay in puberty that is done for any real length of time? Who knows -hasn't been studied for longterm consequences. For someone in their teens those consequences may not show up until their 30s or 40s or later. But we do know a drug-induced delay of puberty is not a normal condition and that hormones used for other medical reasons all have unwanted, and sometimes, deadly longterm consequences even for people who didn't start them until several decades older than this. Those two reasons alone are strong enough not to do it and go the traditional route -even if it results in a less aesthetically pleasing appearance for some individuals. Teens just are not mentally mature enough to make a decision that can sacrifice their longterm health and possibly even their natural life expectancy for a more aesthetically pleasing body.

After all -it isn't as if no one but the gender-confused haven't found a reason to be unhappy with the appearance of their body.

Exactly... personally, I feel sorry for these kids. It has to be a terrible thing to go through. And if the doctors can give them time to see if it works out differently, then I think that's great.

It isn't a matter of GIVING kids time to see if it works out differently -they are ethically and morally BOUND to do so because children lack the mental capacity to fully appreciate the lifelong consequences of an irreversible decision like this. But postponing puberty so they stick out even more among their peers is not helping them in the least and may contribute to them making a decision they later regret. At best, sticking out as an immature physically undeveloped person among peers who are physically more mature - can only add to their feelings they aren't like other people. Delaying puberty with drugs insures that they aren't.

Forum List

Back