Children's hospital launches sex change for kids program

Angel Heart

Conservative Hippie
Jul 6, 2007
Portland, Oregon
http://www.worldnetdaily.com/index.php?fa=PAGE.view&pageId=62010

Children's hospital launches sex change for kids program
'This isn't conjecture, it's happening now'

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Posted: April 19, 2008
11:45 pm Eastern

By Bob Unruh
© 2008 WorldNetDaily

A doctor at the renowned Children's Hospital Boston has launched a new program to drug children to delay puberty so they can decide whether they want a male or a female body, according to a report today in the Boston Globe.

Pediatric endocrinologist Norman Spack, 64, says he started the Gender Management Service Clinic because he found himself encountering 20-somethings who were "transgendered" and in good shape socially, "but they were having trouble getting their physique to conform to their identity.

"I knew the 20-somethings could have better chances of passing if they were treated earlier," he said.

"We don't think that demonic is too strong a word to describe this," said a statement from the pro-family Mass Resistance organization. "It brings us thoughts of the Nazi doctors who thought they were doing good things."

WND has reported previously on some of the controversies prompted by the belief that a man can be born in a woman's body, or vice versa, including in Montgomery County, Md., where county officials have adopted a law that precludes those who provide public accommodations from discriminating based on that "gender identity."

More...

How many kids worldwide do you think suffer from that? And do you honestly think those are the only kids getting the operations?

How many kids worldwide do you think suffer from that? And do you honestly think those are the only kids getting the operations?

What's the difference how many? Hospitals treat all kinds of illnesses that don't occur with great frequency.

And yes, only people with gender dysphasia (I think that's right) get the surgery.

Do you know how long people have to go through psychological counseling before they're permiited to have a sex-change operation?

Did you Google that? Does it come up with medical sites? Web MD?

I didn't find anything from any medical site.

However... My feelings on all this comes down my own experiences.. Both seen and unseen. I didn't play much with dolls but played a lot with trucks... I loved to get dirty. I played water polo in HS. I choose the trombone in band. Joined the Army in the Military Police Corp. I wore dresses only when I had to. Does that mean I should of had my puberty put off? I wanted to be a boy at the time I went threw puberty. I didn't want to be a girl. But.... There was another issue that's not being seen because my family covered it well. I acted that way because my father wanted a son. I wanted to be wanted by him. But I could never tell anyone that at that time. I didn't even realize I was until my early 30's, when I finally got over all the BS of my child hood. I'm very very thankful they didn't have this back when I was a child. Or my parents might of put me on it. It would of caused me way more damage. What I needed was healthy counseling by someone who didn't have a political agenda. Saying that I'm a boy trapped in girls body is a political thing and not the root of the problem. Problem was my dad cursed the day I was born due to my being a girl. Then when my brother came along he would ignore me to play with my brother. He would believe my brother over me even when the evidence showed it to be the reverse. When you dig deeper into the family history and how he was raised you find that his dad choose his younger sister over him in the same manor.

What's the difference how many? Hospitals treat all kinds of illnesses that don't occur with great frequency.

And yes, only people with gender dysphasia (I think that's right) get the surgery.

Do you know how long people have to go through psychological counseling before they're permiited to have a sex-change operation?

Apparently not if they're kids.

When you're talking gender dysphasia are you talking about children who have ambiguous genitalia? Or kids who are just confused in their own minds about their sexuality? Kids who are "unhappy" with their sex or have a desire to be a different sex, that's called "gender dysphoria" and it's entirely a psychobabble crap diagnosis. You can have "maternal dysphoria" if you're unhappy with your mother, or "honda dysphoria" if you don't like Hondas.

Dysphoria means anxiety, and the STATE of children is that they're anxious about their sexuality. It is not a call to surgically alter them.

Apparently not if they're kids.

When you're talking gender dysphasia are you talking about children who have ambiguous genitalia? Or kids who are just confused in their own minds about their sexuality?

It's not confusion about their sexuality. I'd have said that if that was what I meant.

BTW, I was wrong, I think...it looks that it was properly gender dysphoria.

That is when a child is born with the genitalia of one sex, but doesn't feel or see themselves AS that sex. So the child may be born a genetic female, but believe she is male or the other way around.

It's not confusion. That presumes they don't know what they are. It isn't the case.

However... My feelings on all this comes down my own experiences.. Both seen and unseen. I didn't play much with dolls but played a lot with trucks... I loved to get dirty. I played water polo in HS. I choose the trombone in band. Joined the Army in the Military Police Corp. I wore dresses only when I had to. Does that mean I should of had my puberty put off? I wanted to be a boy at the time I went threw puberty. I didn't want to be a girl. But.... There was another issue that's not being seen because my family covered it well. I acted that way because my father wanted a son. I wanted to be wanted by him. But I could never tell anyone that at that time. I didn't even realize I was until my early 30's, when I finally got over all the BS of my child hood. I'm very very thankful they didn't have this back when I was a child. Or my parents might of put me on it. It would of caused me way more damage. What I needed was healthy counseling by someone who didn't have a political agenda. Saying that I'm a boy trapped in girls body is a political thing and not the root of the problem. Problem was my dad cursed the day I was born due to my being a girl. Then when my brother came along he would ignore me to play with my brother. He would believe my brother over me even when the evidence showed it to be the reverse. When you dig deeper into the family history and how he was raised you find that his dad choose his younger sister over him in the same manor.

That's heartbreaking, Angel. As the only girl with five brothers I was spoiled and petted an encouraged to be nothing but girly.

I don't know if your experience translates to the topic of this thread but it made me sad.

The definition is anxiety over their gender. That's what the term means.
dysphoria /dys·pho·ria/ (-for´e-ah) [Gr.] disquiet; restlessness; malaise.dysphoret´icdysphor´ic
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

gender dysphoria unhappiness with one's biological sex or its usual gender role, with the desire for the body and role of the opposite sex.
http://medical-dictionary.thefreedictionary.com/dysphoria

As I said, it's simply a term for being confused or unhappy with your gender. 100 percent of human beings go through it at some point. But in certain dysfunctional households which have an unhealthy preoccupation with the sexual orientation of their children, it's a call to further mess with the poor kids' heads.

I think somebody should look into the gender confusion of the parents whose kids are participating in this mess.

I got it because I used to do of counsel work for a firm who did a lot of civil rights litigation. Part of their practice dealt with representing transsexuals. I represented one in a matrimonial case. She wanted visitation with her son. Got it, too. (and yes, her son still called her daddy). I'm not saying that this was all sugar and spice for either my client or the kid, but I can tell you that none of the transsexuals we represented, whether pre or post operative, ever believed they were properly their genetic sex. They would describe it as looking in the mirror and seeing the wrong thing.

Schizophrenics hear voices. It doesn't mean they should be operated on to give them two heads, or divide up their bodies so each personality has a physical presence.

Schizophrenics hear voices. It doesn't mean they should be operated on to give them two heads, or divide up their bodies so each personality has a physical presence.

Did you read the part where I said they go through years of therapy and evaluation to make sure they're NOT nuts before they have the surgery?

But I'm sure you know far more than the doctors working with these people to help them have something approximating normal life.

Now... try reading:

There are two components of Gender Identity Disorder, both of which must be present to make the diagnosis. Thee must be evidence of a strong and persistent gross-gender identification, which is the desire to be, or the insistence that one is of the other sex (Criteria A). This cross-gender identification must not merely be a desire for any perceived cultural advantages of being the other sex. there must also be evidence of persistent discomfort about one’s assigned sex or a sense of inappropriateness in the gender role of that sex (Criteria B). The diagnosis is not made if the individual has a concurrent physical intersex condition (e.g., androgen insensitivity syndrome or congenital adrenal hyperplasia) (Criteria C). To make the diagnosis, there must be evidence of clinically significant distress or impairment in social, occupational, or other important areas of functioning (Criteria D).

http://www.mhsanctuary.com/gender/dsm.htm

If they're children, how can they go through "years" of therapy, without it actually biasing them?

It's simply programming kids.

http://www.transgenderzone.com/library/st/fulltext/62.htm
David Batty, Guardian:
"There is no conclusive evidence that sex change operations improve the lives of transsexuals, with many people remaining severely distressed and even suicidal after the operation, according to a medical review conducted exclusively for Guardian Weekend tomorrow.
The review of more than 100 international medical studies of post-operative transsexuals by the University of Birmingham's aggressive research intelligence facility (Arif) found no robust scientific evidence that gender reassignment surgery is clinically effective. "

That's interesting.

"Chris Hyde, the director of Arif, said: "There is a huge uncertainty over whether changing someone's sex is a good or a bad thing. While no doubt great care is taken to ensure that appropriate patients undergo gender reassignment, there's still a large number of people who have the surgery but remain traumatised - often to the point of committing suicide."

Wow. But by all means, get those confused kids in there and start programming them for their sex change operations.

"Research from the US and Holland suggests that up to a fifth of patients regret changing sex. A 1998 review by the Research and Development Directorate of the NHS Executive found attempted suicide rates of up to 18% noted in some medical studies of gender reassignment."

Hmmm. But we need to be sympathetic to anyone who states they might be a little confused about their sexuality, and push them into therapy, all the while telling them that if they want it, we can change their sex.

That's heartbreaking, Angel. As the only girl with five brothers I was spoiled and petted an encouraged to be nothing but girly.

I don't know if your experience translates to the topic of this thread but it made me sad.

I have 4 boys and one little girl. I treat her no different but her older brothers sure do. I have 16, 14, 12, and 10 yr old boys and my little girl is 5. All but the 10 yr old treat her wonderful and like she's a princess. The 10 yr old... Well I think he's too close in age to her. They fight like cats and dogs.

I'm a lot healthier now that I was. It took a lot of growing and realizing that just because I wasn't given a fair life, doesn't mean I can't love life. I'm now proud to be a mother and thankfully had the 'tomboy' to fall back on when I ended up with so many of boys.

I still don't feel completely OK in a dress but I know I look good in one and try to do it at least once a week. It puts a smile on my hubby's face as well. I figure no harm in that.

Oh it was funny... When we found out we where finally expecting a daughter during the ultrasound, DH said... I guess it's time to girly up. I'm working on it. Thankfully I have a SIL that lives close and is extremely girly. We're planning on doing a sleep overs with makeup, chick flicks in the next few years. Maybe I'll take my SIL's bra and freeze it :cool:.

I got it because I used to do of counsel work for a firm who did a lot of civil rights litigation. Part of their practice dealt with representing transsexuals. I represented one in a matrimonial case. She wanted visitation with her son. Got it, too. (and yes, her son still called her daddy). I'm not saying that this was all sugar and spice for either my client or the kid, but I can tell you that none of the transsexuals we represented, whether pre or post operative, ever believed they were properly their genetic sex. They would describe it as looking in the mirror and seeing the wrong thing.

We are talking about delaying puberty with this drug. All because a kid plays with the wrong 'sex' of toys or don't feel 'right'... What teenager do you know that feel 'right'? Doesn't wish they could go through what the other side is. Thinking the grass is greener.

If they're children, how can they go through "years" of therapy, without it actually biasing them?

It's simply programming kids.

http://www.transgenderzone.com/library/st/fulltext/62.htm
David Batty, Guardian:
"There is no conclusive evidence that sex change operations improve the lives of transsexuals, with many people remaining severely distressed and even suicidal after the operation, according to a medical review conducted exclusively for Guardian Weekend tomorrow.
The review of more than 100 international medical studies of post-operative transsexuals by the University of Birmingham's aggressive research intelligence facility (Arif) found no robust scientific evidence that gender reassignment surgery is clinically effective. "

That's interesting.

"Chris Hyde, the director of Arif, said: "There is a huge uncertainty over whether changing someone's sex is a good or a bad thing. While no doubt great care is taken to ensure that appropriate patients undergo gender reassignment, there's still a large number of people who have the surgery but remain traumatised - often to the point of committing suicide."

Wow. But by all means, get those confused kids in there and start programming them for their sex change operations.

"Research from the US and Holland suggests that up to a fifth of patients regret changing sex. A 1998 review by the Research and Development Directorate of the NHS Executive found attempted suicide rates of up to 18% noted in some medical studies of gender reassignment."

Hmmm. But we need to be sympathetic to anyone who states they might be a little confused about their sexuality, and push them into therapy, all the while telling them that if they want it, we can change their sex.

Well... That doesn't surprise me. Because it doesn't get to the root of the problem.

Oh how it translated... The article is about delaying puberty in kids who are confused with their gender. I would of opt for that at one point. I was confused.

How do you allow small children to determine what sex they want to be? Last I checked age of consent is not till 18, with 16 the earliest one would allow a child to be on their own legally.

Children are in no position to determine this, that is just crazy. You see no problem with parents and doctors brainwashing a small child into this but are just APPALLED 16 year olds have sex with older men.

Simply amazing.

How do you allow small children to determine what sex they want to be? Last I checked age of consent is not till 18, with 16 the earliest one would allow a child to be on their own legally.

Children are in no position to determine this, that is just crazy. You see no problem with parents and doctors brainwashing a small child into this but are just APPALLED 16 year olds have sex with older men.

Simply amazing.

Exactly.

Forum List

Back