Children's hospital launches sex change for kids program

Discussion in 'Science and Technology' started by Angel Heart, Apr 21, 2008.

1. Angel Heart

Angel Heart Conservative Hippie

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +341
    http://www.worldnetdaily.com/index.php?fa=PAGE.view&pageId=62010

2. jillian

jillian Princess Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +22,427
    If a child suffers from gender dysplasia (sp?) is it a bad thing to help them?

3. AllieBaba

AllieBaba BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3,650
    How many kids worldwide do you think suffer from that? And do you honestly think those are the only kids getting the operations?

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  4. jillian

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +22,427
    What's the difference how many? Hospitals treat all kinds of illnesses that don't occur with great frequency.

And yes, only people with gender dysphasia (I think that's right) get the surgery.

Do you know how long people have to go through psychological counseling before they're permiited to have a sex-change operation?

5. Angel Heart

Angel Heart Conservative Hippie

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +341
    Did you Google that? Does it come up with medical sites? Web MD?

I didn't find anything from any medical site.

However... My feelings on all this comes down my own experiences.. Both seen and unseen. I didn't play much with dolls but played a lot with trucks... I loved to get dirty. I played water polo in HS. I choose the trombone in band. Joined the Army in the Military Police Corp. I wore dresses only when I had to. Does that mean I should of had my puberty put off? I wanted to be a boy at the time I went threw puberty. I didn't want to be a girl. But.... There was another issue that's not being seen because my family covered it well. I acted that way because my father wanted a son. I wanted to be wanted by him. But I could never tell anyone that at that time. I didn't even realize I was until my early 30's, when I finally got over all the BS of my child hood. I'm very very thankful they didn't have this back when I was a child. Or my parents might of put me on it. It would of caused me way more damage. What I needed was healthy counseling by someone who didn't have a political agenda. Saying that I'm a boy trapped in girls body is a political thing and not the root of the problem. Problem was my dad cursed the day I was born due to my being a girl. Then when my brother came along he would ignore me to play with my brother. He would believe my brother over me even when the evidence showed it to be the reverse. When you dig deeper into the family history and how he was raised you find that his dad choose his younger sister over him in the same manor.

6. AllieBaba

AllieBaba BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3,650
    Apparently not if they're kids.

When you're talking gender dysphasia are you talking about children who have ambiguous genitalia? Or kids who are just confused in their own minds about their sexuality? Kids who are "unhappy" with their sex or have a desire to be a different sex, that's called "gender dysphoria" and it's entirely a psychobabble crap diagnosis. You can have "maternal dysphoria" if you're unhappy with your mother, or "honda dysphoria" if you don't like Hondas.

Dysphoria means anxiety, and the STATE of children is that they're anxious about their sexuality. It is not a call to surgically alter them.

7. jillian

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +22,427
    It's not confusion about their sexuality. I'd have said that if that was what I meant.

BTW, I was wrong, I think...it looks that it was properly gender dysphoria.

That is when a child is born with the genitalia of one sex, but doesn't feel or see themselves AS that sex. So the child may be born a genetic female, but believe she is male or the other way around.

It's not confusion. That presumes they don't know what they are. It isn't the case.

8. Ravi

Ravi Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +29,774
    That's heartbreaking, Angel. As the only girl with five brothers I was spoiled and petted an encouraged to be nothing but girly.

I don't know if your experience translates to the topic of this thread but it made me sad.

9. AllieBaba

AllieBaba BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3,650
    The definition is anxiety over their gender. That's what the term means.
    dysphoria /dys·pho·ria/ (-for´e-ah) [Gr.] disquiet; restlessness; malaise.dysphoret´icdysphor´ic
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

gender dysphoria unhappiness with one's biological sex or its usual gender role, with the desire for the body and role of the opposite sex.
    http://medical-dictionary.thefreedictionary.com/dysphoria

As I said, it's simply a term for being confused or unhappy with your gender. 100 percent of human beings go through it at some point. But in certain dysfunctional households which have an unhealthy preoccupation with the sexual orientation of their children, it's a call to further mess with the poor kids' heads.

I think somebody should look into the gender confusion of the parents whose kids are participating in this mess.

10. jillian

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +22,427
    I got it because I used to do of counsel work for a firm who did a lot of civil rights litigation. Part of their practice dealt with representing transsexuals. I represented one in a matrimonial case. She wanted visitation with her son. Got it, too. (and yes, her son still called her daddy). I'm not saying that this was all sugar and spice for either my client or the kid, but I can tell you that none of the transsexuals we represented, whether pre or post operative, ever believed they were properly their genetic sex. They would describe it as looking in the mirror and seeing the wrong thing.