Children As Hostages

Annie

Diamond Member
Nov 22, 2003
I don't think this is a winning strategy:

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tm..._re_eu/russia_school_seizure&cid=518&ncid=716

Hundreds Held Hostage in Russia School

42 minutes ago

By JIM HEINTZ, Associated Press Writer

MOSCOW - Attackers wearing suicide-bomb belts seized a school in a Russian region bordering Chechnya (news - web sites) on Wednesday and were holding hundreds of hostages, including 200 children. The assault came a day after a suicide bomber killed 10 people in Moscow.

The seizure began after a ceremony marking the first day of the Russian school year, reports said, when it was likely that many parents had accompanied their children to class. The attackers warned they would blow up the school if police tried to storm it and forced children to stand at the windows, said Alexei Polyansky, a police spokesman for southern Russia.

Both the school attack and the Moscow bombing appeared to be the work of Chechen rebels or their sympathizers, but there was no evidence of any direct link. The two strikes came just a week after two Russian planes carrying 90 people crashed almost simultaneously in what officials also say were terrorist bombings.

"In essence, war has been declared on us, where the enemy is unseen and there is no front," Russian Defense Minister Sergei Ivanov said, according to the Interfax-Military News Agency. He spoke before the seizure.

The latest violence also appears to be timed around Sunday's presidential elections in Chechnya, a Kremlin-backed move aimed at undermining support for the insurgents by establishing a modicum of civil order in the war-shattered republic. The previous Chechen president, Akhmad Kadyrov, was killed along with more than 20 others in a bombing on May 9.

Come on libs. Tell us how the Islamic threat to civilization is unreal, a wag the dog scenario concocted by the vast right wing conspiracy. What should the russians do? Sing Kum Bah Yah?

I picture ordinary, everyday Russians as a courageous and stoic people, just waiting to see which group of political idealogues is going to shit on them next.

One of these days, they're going to snap - and I hope I'm nowhere around!

It'll take Russia decades to get it together after the fall of the Soviet Union. The country is run by thugs and has ethnic probs out the wazoo. Islamo-facism was held in check by tryanny but they're past that now. Good luck to them! Wonder if they are willing to be a closer ally of ours?

Nauseating...Shows the complete lack-of-regard Al Qaeda and their associates have for life and decency. I wonder how long before such a thing happens in the USA? Especially if we elect a 'weak' president.

rtwngAvngr said:
Come on libs. Tell us how the Islamic threat to civilization is unreal, a wag the dog scenario concocted by the vast right wing conspiracy. What should the russians do? Sing Kum Bah Yah?

LOL, apparaently the UN is having a meeting at get this 5pm today, why not just wait till tommorrow when the school is already blown up? What a joke!!

Bonnie said:
LOL, apparaently the UN is having a meeting at get this 5pm today, why not just wait till tommorrow when the school is already blown up? What a joke!!

WOW. That seems odd. IS this a special meeting just for this event? DId they meet to help us with our problems? Maybe this will be the ultimate push to placate the terrorists once and for all.

"Attention all citizens of earth! Tomorrow starting at 9AM the NEW WORLD ORDER will begin."

LOL, apparaently the UN is having a meeting at get this 5pm today

This is the only thing the UN knows how to do, debate.

If I were President Bush I would be on the horn with Putin offering him any help we could possibly give.

It goes to show that President Bush was right, you are either with us or you are againist us. There is no middle ground here. :firing:

rtwngAvngr said:
WOW. That seems odd. IS this a special meeting just for this event? DId they meet to help us with our problems? Maybe this will be the ultimate push to placate the terrorists once and for all.

"Attention all citizens of earth! Tomorrow starting at 9AM the NEW WORLD ORDER will begin."

can I be Ambassador for the day----" WE TOLD YOU SO !!!! " :banana2:

rtwngAvngr said:

Yes and while they are there they can advise France to rescind the no head scarves law...............

dilloduck said:
can I be Ambassador for the day----" WE TOLD YOU SO !!!! " :banana2:

I just heard on the news that that the Russian military is now surrounding the countries nuclear installations, they are scared and righfully so.
This is just more proof that Terrorism is a global war!!

Bonnie said:
According to this story 8 are dead so far, including one parent!!www.foxnews.com/printer_friendly_story/0,3566,131060,00.html

Putin has a reputation for not negotiating with terrorists. There were two pretty big events that had large loss of life (hundreds of hostages taken at the movie theatre and I think the other was a hospital). Unfortunately this time we're dealing with children...

If Putin's reputation holds, this may have a pretty bleak outcome.

rtwngAvngr said:

Of course they are. You see,when the U.S. gets or Israel gets hit with terror,it's our fault,but when anyone else does.........

:bs1:

I do hope they get through this. I can't imagine what the parents must feel like.

krisy said:
Of course they are. You see,when the U.S. gets or Israel gets hit with terror,it's our fault,but when anyone else does.........

:bs1:

I do hope they get through this. I can't imagine what the parents must feel like.

Sure you can----terrified !!! "Chechen rebels" are also fighting against us in Iraq and Afghanistan. One would think something could be worked out here.

dilloduck said:
It'll take Russia decades to get it together after the fall of the Soviet Union. The country is run by thugs and has ethnic probs out the wazoo. Islamo-facism was held in check by tryanny but they're past that now. Good luck to them! Wonder if they are willing to be a closer ally of ours?
Majority of russians are not very "ethnic-correct" (like politically correct)
Most chechens or muslims will endup paying for it

From www.debka.com
<i>Russia deploys extra troops at nuclear installations, calls for UN Security Council to debate wave of terror that climaxed Wednesday with school hostage siege in Beslan, North Ossetia. Moscow opens contacts with hostage-takers after they send out videotape and mobile phone numbers.
Seven killed, more than 130 children still held captive by 17 male and female terrorists – the women wearing bomb belts – said by FSB to be Ingushes from same Kurikau village.
They threaten to blow up school unless jailed terrorists released from their province. Russian elite Alfa unit stands by, but captors threaten to kill 50 children for every fighter wiped out, 20 for every one wounded.
Tuesday, suicide bomber murdered 10, injured 50 outside Moscow subway station. She is said to be sister of one of two Chechen women who blew up two Tupolev airliners two weeks ago, killing 89.
</i>
Sept 1 is a back to school holiday in russian. It is consider (or used to be) child day, day of peace and learning. Usually bunch of parents and kids go to school together, especially 1-3 graders. These s.o.b. selected this day cause they new they get a lot of hostages. Bunch of ...... Including women. Sometime i think people like that desirve Stalin or Sadam.

Forum List

Back