Childless Couple advised of radical means to have kids: Do-it.

-=d=- said:
I'm unsure of how to have 'The Talk' with my kids...I've never had 'The Talk' from a parent, so I'd have nothing to go off of.
You'll do just fine, when the time comes, -=d=-. If you do it with love & no embarrassment, they accept it. It's a fact of life for all of us. Better they hear the facts from you....not some cock-eyed story. But be ready & informed. I had the chance to talk about abortion, the fact that you don't have to be married to have a baby (from the neighbors), b/j's, being attentive to other's needs, forplay NOT just in the bedroom.

I had THE talk when the boys were about 10. The you-know-what-goes-where-and- why. Just the basics, not alot of detail. It's shocking enough to find out how babies are made. When they were older, I purchased a book titled something like, 'How boys bodies grow' or something to that effect. They have one for the girls too, same authors. Goes into greater detail, discusses it all, including AIDS. Was VERY informative. You might want to get it just to get your confidence up for this great & important responsibility.

Joz said:
You'll do just fine, when the time comes, -=d=-. If you do it with love & no embarrassment, they accept it. It's a fact of life for all of us. Better they hear the facts from you....not some cock-eyed story. But be ready & informed. I had the chance to talk about abortion, the fact that you don't have to be married to have a baby (from the neighbors), b/j's, being attentive to other's needs, forplay NOT just in the bedroom.

I had THE talk when the boys were about 10. The you-know-what-goes-where-and- why. Just the basics, not alot of detail. It's shocking enough to find out how babies are made. When they were older, I purchased a book titled something like, 'How boys bodies grow' or something to that effect. They have one for the girls too, same authors. Goes into greater detail, discusses it all, including AIDS. Was VERY informative. You might want to get it just to get your confidence up for this great & important responsibility.

I can't in my wildest nightmares imagine I'd ever discuss bj's with my daughter...son? Maybe...still...creeps me out. I mean, it's sort of hypocritical - because I love em...just don't want my daughter to ever GIVE one...EVER.

:(

lol

I 'do' want them both to have a GREAT sex life, however. I never want to know any details about my daughter's sex life, however. Ever.

Zhukov said:
For a boy, don't worry about it, he'll figure it out. Much earlier than any parent would like to contemplate......
Sorry Z, but that's soooo lame. Let him figure it out??? How many young men think something is wrong with them when that first wet dream appears? My kids were prepared for it. They knew they were becoming men.
By the time my kids were 2-3 they began to learn what felt good. Agreed, boys seem to discover what pleases them earlier than girls. But, there's more to sexuality than masturbation. More men need to learn the softer side of sex.

Joz said:
You write so much from life experience Merlin1047, is this one of them? The made up part would be about the wife, but the rest of the story.......... :rolleyes:

Ummmm - who me? No way, lady.

How did that old poem go? I think it was

"How do I love ewe,
Let me count the ways"

Something like that.

-=d=- said:
I can't in my wildest nightmares imagine I'd ever discuss bj's with my daughter...son?
Chicken shit. :D
Maybe...still...creeps me out.
Why? Better get over that. What are you going to do if she comes to you & says "Daddy, Suzy was talking about b/j's at school today. WHAT did she mean?"
just don't want my daughter to ever GIVE one...EVER.
It's hard to accept, but it's not your call once she get's married.
I 'do' want them both to have a GREAT sex life, however. I never want to know any details about my daughter's sex life, however. Ever.
I am aware of the fact that my son & his wife have a very healthy and fulfilling sex life. No, I don't know the particulars. None of my business.

Joz said:
Chicken shit.

There exists no time in her childhood (until she's 18) where she should ever CONSIDER the act. If my SON comes home and says, "Hey dad, this chick said she wanted to blow me. What's that?" I say "Son. Just say 'yes', and follow her".

Yeah. Hypocrit. So? :D

:D Why? Better get over that. What are you going to do if she comes to you & says "Daddy, Suzy was talking about b/j's at school today. WHAT did she mean?"

If my daughter and Suzy are over 18, I tell her: "Alaina, you are no longer allowed to hang out with Suzy. What is Suzy's phone number? Does she like older, fat guys?"

If she is younger than 18: "Alaina, she's talking about something mommies and daddies do - you aren't allowed to hang out with Suzy."

It's hard to accept, but it's not your call once she get's married.

Yup. But until then, it IS :D

I am aware of the fact that my son & his wife have a very healthy and fulfilling sex life. No, I don't know the particulars. None of my business.

Indeed.

Joz said:
Sorry Z, but that's soooo lame. Let him figure it out???
No one gave me any hints and I figured it out. I say, let 'em fend for themselves.

It's not like sex is some kind of mystery in this society.

You'd have to be living in the proverbial cave.

I'm not even sure I believe the original article. They don't know what sex is but they know about fertility clinics? Does that seem strange to anyone else?

I mean, look what these people say...
vaDer said:
hmm ich denk fast schon an fake, aba den text mit dem religiösen zeugs habi ned so ganz kapiert, also wenn ichs richtig verstanden habe, sind sie in keiner sekte, also denk ich es is ein fake....

ragi said:
wahrscheinlich hat der Papst gesagt, dass sies nur zum waschen und pinkeln anfassen dürfen

SoE-Cyrex said:
die müsste man alle mal so richtig duch bümsen

http://skilled.ch/vb/showthread.php?t=14110

Thats right!

I can't read it either, but I'm sure it validates my position, and if not then just ignore it and forget I ever posted it.

Point is, if you can't figure out how to have sex, you shouldn't be having sex, let alone children.

Was that my point? Probably not, but at this point who really cares?

Zhukov said:
No one gave me any hints and I figured it out. I say, let 'em fend for themselves.

It's not like sex is some kind of mystery in this society.

You'd have to be living in the proverbial cave.

I'm not even sure I believe the original article. They don't know what sex is but they know about fertility clinics? Does that seem strange to anyone else?

I mean, look what these people say...

http://skilled.ch/vb/showthread.php?t=14110

Thats right!

I can't read it either, but I'm sure it validates my position, and if not then just ignore it and forget I ever posted it.

Point is, if you can't figure out how to have sex, you shouldn't be having sex, let alone children.

Was that my point? Probably not, but at this point who really cares?

:clap1: Then again, a lot that can figure it out, shouldn't be having children either!

-=d=- said:
T.... What's that?" I say "Son. Just say 'yes', and follow her".
..... you are no longer allowed to hang out with Suzy. What is Suzy's phone number? Does she like older, fat guys?"....you aren't allowed to hang out with.... Suzy.".....
Too funny!!!

• Thanks
Reactions: dmp
I keep waiting for my wife to have the talk with our 11 year old daughter. I would not feel comfortable giving the talk to her. But I want her to find out from Mom before she finds out from some uninformed kid at school.

• Thanks
Reactions: dmp
gop_jeff said:
I keep waiting for my wife to have the talk with our 11 year old daughter. I would not feel comfortable giving the talk to her. But I want her to find out from Mom before she finds out from some uninformed kid at school.

Well I had to have the talk with my sons, AFTER they had attended a presentation at a health museum, http://www.nahec.org/htmdocs/news_research/articles/article_08.html

which was much easier. I basically came down to the idea of treating women the way you would want someone you loved treated.

I wish I could say my kids all were holding off for marriage, but I know 2 of them haven't. Not sure about the youngest, he's pretty much a rule follower and has very definate ideas on how to treat women. Funny kid, if there was one I never would have thought...

All of them though, have very good sense of not abusing their bodies or anyone else's.

gop_jeff said:
Granted there are things that go on with either sex that the opposite doesn't quite understand. But we all know the FACTS, how babies are made. If you're that uncomfortable telling her alone, maybe you might just want to sit in. But I agree, she's old enough to know. Her body is gearing towards womanhood. Don't let her wonder .

Of course, I opted to tell my boys alone. Their father had a tendency to go into detail and they didn't need that much info at such a young age. But after they were told (mind you I did this twice as they were 5 years apart) we did go tell dad the news.

Joz said:
Granted there are things that go on with either sex that the opposite doesn't quite understand. But we all know the FACTS, how babies are made. If you're that uncomfortable telling her alone, maybe you might just want to sit in. But I agree, she's old enough to know. Her body is gearing towards womanhood. Don't let her wonder .

Of course, I opted to tell my boys alone. Their father had a tendency to go into detail and they didn't need that much info at such a young age. But after they were told (mind you I did this twice as they were 5 years apart) we did go tell dad the news.

Uncomfortable conversations arn't they!!

I was pregnant when my older two were 9 (boy) 7 (girl), got curious about how that happens. I told them how the "plumbing" works, didn't get very indepth with it though. I then asked my daughter if she had any questions, she gave me a disgusted look and said "NO".

Last year my oldest now 12 was having a talk with the neighbor kid who is older and apparently "boners" were the topic of discussion, by younger son 7, then came to me asking what that was. I sent him to my husband for that bit of info. I then sat my oldest down and explained that he might want to be a little more carefull what is said in front of his younger brother.

Arn't kids great!!! :rolleyes:

Back to the topic though. I can't imagine anyone being that.... innocent? Was the story a joke???

Trigg said:
I was pregnant when my older two were 9 (boy) 7 (girl), got curious about how that happens. I told them how the "plumbing" works, didn't get very indepth with it though.
This is precisely the point. What goes where & why. It's shocking enough.
.... apparently "boners" were the topic of discussion,.....explained that he might want to be a little more carefull what is said in front of his younger brother.
See other kids can open up a whole line of conversations?!? Better they find out from their parents.
I can't imagine anyone being that.... innocent? Was the story a joke???
I was wondering the same myself. I would think that nature would make them curious. And like it was said, they knew about fertility clinics but not how to get pregnant?

Forum List

Back