Childless by choice

WinterBorn

Diamond Member
Nov 18, 2011
Atlanta
I know numerous people who have, at some point in their life, made the decision not to have children. Every one of them has had people give them grief over their choice.

What the hell is wrong with people? Why do they think they have a say in the matter?

They don’t have a say in the matter and the busybodies should mind their own business.

It is unnatural to not procreate. It is a normal human desire to propagate his/her species. To resist and refuse is abnormal.
I am abnormal. However I have chosen for very selfish reasons to not do so. I am a perpetual child who only seeks self gratification. I refuse to sacrifice for the benefit of race or culture. So, I have none.

Retirement systems need population growth to sustains themselves. If populations don't grow, then pensions won't pay out what has been promised. Therefore, people who don't have kids should get less SS.

Retirement systems need population growth to sustains themselves. If populations don't grow, then pensions won't pay out what has been promised. Therefore, people who don't have kids should get less SS.

population growth USA

1940 132 mill

1950 152 mill

1960 180 mill

1970 205 mill

1980 226 mill

1990 250 mill

2000 282 mill

2010 309 mill

I see no problem

I know numerous people who have, at some point in their life, made the decision not to have children. Every one of them has had people give them grief over their choice.

What the hell is wrong with people? Why do they think they have a say in the matter?

I've never met anyone anywhere that gave people grief for not having kids. Is this your relatives? That's the only thing I can think of that might do that, and the fact they are family, gives them the right to speak. That's how family is.

population growth USA

1940 132 mill

1950 152 mill

1960 180 mill

1970 205 mill

1980 226 mill

1990 250 mill

2000 282 mill

2010 309 mill

I see no problem

That growth is from immigration.

The fact is, if we actually ended immigration, we would be in the same situation as Japan, with a dramatically falling population.

population growth USA

1940 132 mill

1950 152 mill

1960 180 mill

1970 205 mill

1980 226 mill

1990 250 mill

2000 282 mill

2010 309 mill

I see no problem

It's not past growth that matters. It's future growth. And population growth outside of immigration is slowing.

sounds like you think people should just keep their mouth shut because you cant stand criticism,,,

its better for snowflakes to grow a pair and go somewhere they wont be offended,,,a small island would do it,,,

population growth USA

1940 132 mill

1950 152 mill

1960 180 mill

1970 205 mill

1980 226 mill

1990 250 mill

2000 282 mill

2010 309 mill

I see no problem

The fact is, if we actually ended immigration, we would be in the same situation as Japan, with a dramatically falling population.

what would be wrong with that??

nothing says we have to increase all the time let alone decrease,,,

Economic growth is slowing because the growth of population is slowing, even with immigration. Without the required economic growth, promises won't be kept. Since promises won't be kept and someone will have to pay the price, the people who are responsible for the slowing growth should pay the price.

Other than the parents of the choosers I don't see how seeking a Darwin award is anyone else's business.

sounds like you think people should just keep their mouth shut because you cant stand criticism,,,

its better for snowflakes to grow a pair and go somewhere they wont be offended,,,a small island would do it,,,

The only "snowflakes" I have ever heard complain about married couples NOT having children have been conservative christians.

I've even heard/read some of the state that if you don't have children you shouldn't be allowed to marry.

The only "snowflakes" I have ever heard complain about married couples NOT having children have been conservative christians.

I've even heard/read some of the state that if you don't have children you shouldn't be allowed to marry.
thank the lord the constitution keeps them from getting their wish,,,,

right to not be offended is for snowflakes,,,just wait till some one tells you how fat and disgusting you are,,,

cry me a river,,,,

People these days feel obligated/entitled to form and express an opinion on damned near everything. It's both appalling and bewildering.

My personal feelings on the subject, to the extent I have any feelings on the subject, are as follows:

1) If you don't want kids, for God's sake, don't have any.

2) I treasure the occasions when I can say, "I don't have to care about that."

It is unnatural to not procreate. It is a normal human desire to propagate his/her species. To resist and refuse is abnormal.
I am abnormal. However I have chosen for very selfish reasons to not do so. I am a perpetual child who only seeks self gratification. I refuse to sacrifice for the benefit of race or culture. So, I have none.

It's outside the most common behavior, but I don't know if I'd call it "unnatural" or "abnormal". Probably always been at least a few people in every society who just aren't geared for parenthood. Better they recognize it ahead of time.

People these days feel obligated/entitled to form and express an opinion on damned near everything. It's both appalling and bewildering.

My personal feelings on the subject, to the extent I have any feelings on the subject, are as follows:

youre right,,,

some people just cant keep their opinion to themselves,,,

youre right,,,

some people just cant keep their opinion to themselves,,,

Trust me, this board is the only place I discuss politics and social issues, and half of THOSE topics, I'd never comment on again if they weren't being forced on people so that they have no choice but to have an opinion. There are whole slews of things I would love to be able to say, "I don't have to give a shit, and I don't give a shit" about.

Forum List

Back