Childless Adults

i dont remember being 5.....i really dont....

i remember 5. i remember going to kindergarten for the first time. and i remember the pink and white bicycle i got for my 5th birthday.

Me too. I cried cuz they tried to separate me and twin. They didn't make that mistake again. :lol:

I understand kids really well.... possible better than some people who call themselves 'parents'.

This is just crap! Folks without children are not also devoid of common sense..which is what I see lacking in a lot of parents. I see in my work parents who have no parenting skills and/or have given up their parenting to the schools, the daycares, babysitters, electronics. Instead of actually one-on-one parenting, disciplining and guiding their children. It could be the lack of the parental emotional attachment that allows us to see your kid does not have ADHD and is not bipolar, but is a brat due to the lack of parenting skills, and your lack of desire to acquire them. But...we live in a world of labels and pills...folks feel better if they can put a label on it, take a pill for it and are absolved of any personal responsibility. I do reports all the time on kids are in psych care for running away, not following orders, being disobedient, truancy, fighting at school....these are not new issues. Folks have managed for generations to deal with these fairly normal behaviors as part of growing up, things a lot of us tried, within in the home, not on a psych ward. For me, this is just another excuse for parents with inadequate parenting skills to grasp onto to explain their out of control child, when in fact the blame lies squarely on their shoulders.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back