CDZ Childhood vaccination

Should American children be vaccinated?

• I am a Liberal and say no

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Oh and Lonelaugher? I had the measles as a child and it was no big deal. As you can see, I'm still here.

It is true and I would advise parents against vaccinations. I believe they are too dangerous. The risk of any child getting autism is too great a risk. You should visit a group that works with autistic children sometime and educate yourself in what these parents are going through, Lonelaugher. Then this would not be funny to you. (hopefully)

Oh....absolutely! The risk of getting autism far outweighs the risk of getting the measles. That has been made clear by you here. If I had a chance to do it all over again, I'd decline the vaccination for my kids and put my trust in god to keep them safe from the deadly measles. Absolutely!

Listen to this parent describe her child's case of measles, Lonelaugher, and get over the hysteria.

Are measles and mumps treatable in young children babies if they get it

Oh...I know! The measles is nothing! No worse than a little cold or a 24 hour bug. There is no need for a measles vaccine. It's crazy to vaccinate against something so trivial.....and take that near 100% risk of getting autism.

I'm with you and god on this one, Jeremiah.

Vaccinations are more risky than the very slight chance you could get the measles. I'd opt out if I were a parent of a young child today. Most definitely. No way I'd subject my child to the risk of autism.

Vaccinations are more risky than the very slight chance you could get the measles. I'd opt out if I were a parent of a young child today. Most definitely. No way I'd subject my child to the risk of autism.

Risk of autism? Really? Please feel free to share any actual scientific evidence that the measles vaccine causes autism. And just as an FYI, Jenny McCarthy is not a scientist.

herein the child that wasn't vaccinated isn't putting at risk anyone but those who also chose not to be vaccinated.

No, that is not true. Babies and some people that due to medical reasons cannot be vaccinated even though the parents might have wanted to, are at risk. It is understandable that someone who has undergone a terrible illness and is too fragile that the vaccine would actually harm them, can be excepted, but to just choose not to vaccinate a child due to a myth or misinformation is totally reckless. It would be fine if these parents then kept them isolated from everyone, but if they want to be part of society, and they are going to act reckless, then yes, the government needs to step in. The government is acting responsibly to try and keep society safe.

Of course the government isn't going to come to your house and force the vaccination on anyone, but not allowing them in school is one way to enforce it, and when they become infected and it is realized they were not vaccinated, I'm for the government enforcing a fine, just like they do with seat belts. Some immature parents don't think they need to have their children in seat belts and we read about them all the time, being thrown out of the car in minor accidents and killed because they were not wearing seat belts when it could have been prevented.

Here is where the case for mandatory vaccinations falls apart. Those who opt for vaccinating their children should not be in danger of any risk if the vaccinations are supposedly infallible. Therein the child that wasn't vaccinated isn't putting at risk anyone but those who also chose not to be vaccinated. It's a matter of personal choice for the parent. To vaccinate or not to vaccinate. There is evidence that vaccinations are not safe and if a parent doesn't want to expose their child to "that risk" they should be free to opt out.

Anytime government is forcing their will on the will of the people - it's a bad sign. I think parents are able to decide for their own children what is best.

Gee! When you put it like that, it all seems so simple!

Actually it is. Would you prefer your child have a small risk for a case of measles or this?

This risk is too great. Parents are coming out with stories of their children developing autism. The MMR vaccination caused this childs autism according to his mother. This isn't an isolated case. I have a second cousin who was born normal. She was a normal healthy baby girl. After having a vaccination - she developed autism. My grandmothers sister said, That child was born normal! How could this have happened? The autism didn't happen until AFTER the vaccination and she was convinced it was the vaccination that caused the autism. I believe she was right.

Vaccinations should not be mandatory - the govt. should STAY OUT OF IT and Hillary Clinton should mind her own business.

NEWSFLASH NEWSFLASH!

It has been debunked that the measles vaccine has anything to do with autism.....the doctor who first came up with that idea has since been debunked and thrown out of the medical field........the experts all agree that the measles vaccine is safe. Idiots like Christie and Paul are misleading people who cannot think or research for themselves and should be ridiculed for making such ridiculous statements.

It is true and I would advise parents against vaccinations. I believe they are too dangerous. The risk of any child getting autism is too great a risk. You should visit a group that works with autistic children sometime and educate yourself in what these parents are going through, Lonelaugher. Then this would not be funny to you. (hopefully)
I hope you rot in hell for spreading this bullshit.

THIS! This sort of uneducated nonsense is being spread by idiots who cannot be bothered to research the actual science. they prefer to spread rumors.

I have suffered through measles, mumps, and whooping cough. The 2 vaccines I had were for small pox and polio. I was about 8 for small pox and in my teens for polio. One of my best friends contracted polio as a baby because she was put in a hospital room with kids who had it. These illnesses are deadly. Emphasis needs to be put on finding out why some kids became autistic after vaccines. Vaccines are always changing - could be a simple reason and be corrected. I take the flu shot and pneumonia shot every year. I consider the pneumonia shot more important. It is meant to keep you from getting sick while you are in the hospital. I am a fragile woman, health wise, and pneumonia would likely kill me.
If it takes government control to keep these kids vaccinated, so be it. And there is the added worry of all those illegal Mexican kids coming across the border. This adds TB and who knows what else to the mix. I don't know where those kids are, but hope they are vaccinated.

It is foolish not to vaccinate children. Not only does it expose them to harmful diseases and viruses, it also threatens other peoples children. There is no logical reason to not vaccinate (The entire "Vaccines may lead to Autism" debacle was a sham) and every reason to do so! If you are still belligerent enough not to do so, than maybe you shouldn't be raising children.

I have suffered through measles, mumps, and whooping cough. The 2 vaccines I had were for small pox and polio. I was about 8 for small pox and in my teens for polio. One of my best friends contracted polio as a baby because she was put in a hospital room with kids who had it. These illnesses are deadly. Emphasis needs to be put on finding out why some kids became autistic after vaccines. Vaccines are always changing - could be a simple reason and be corrected. I take the flu shot and pneumonia shot every year. I consider the pneumonia shot more important. It is meant to keep you from getting sick while you are in the hospital. I am a fragile woman, health wise, and pneumonia would likely kill me.
If it takes government control to keep these kids vaccinated, so be it. And there is the added worry of all those illegal Mexican kids coming across the border. This adds TB and who knows what else to the mix. I don't know where those kids are, but hope they are vaccinated.

What Mexican kids?

THIS! This sort of uneducated nonsense is being spread by idiots who cannot be bothered to research the actual science. they prefer to spread rumors.

I think it is mostly political. Two of the Republican leaders (Presidential candidates) made a thoughtless statement, so now, some feel they must defend it, even if it goes against the good judgement of experts in the field of medicine. I would hope most wouldn't put their own children at risk just to save the face of a politician.

I think it is mostly political. Two of the Republican leaders (Presidential candidates) made a thoughtless statement, so now, some feel they must defend it, even if it goes against the good judgement of experts in the field of medicine. I would hope most wouldn't put their own children at risk just to save the face of a politician.
That could be true, but not in Jeri's case. She's a conspiracy theorist and if the government isn't out to kill us all then the devil is.

That could be true, but not in Jeri's case. She's a conspiracy theorist and if the government isn't out to kill us all then the devil is.

Well, she's forgetting a very important Bible verse...

Romans 13

13 Let everyone be subject to the governing authorities, for there is no authority except that which God has established. The authorities that exist have been established by God.2 Consequently, whoever rebels against the authority is rebelling against what God has instituted, and those who do so will bring judgment on themselves. 3 For rulers hold no terror for those who do right, but for those who do wrong. Do you want to be free from fear of the one in authority? Then do what is right and you will be commended. 4 For the one in authority is God’s servant for your good. But if you do wrong, be afraid, for rulers do not bear the sword for no reason. They are God’s servants, agents of wrath to bring punishment on the wrongdoer.

Therein the child that wasn't vaccinated isn't putting at risk anyone but those who also chose not to be vaccinated.

Actually that is false- that child puts everyone who cannot be vaccinated at risk- infants too young to be vaccinated, people whose immune system is compromised and cannot be immunized- like the child recovering from leukemia I posted about earlier.

As a parent- not only would i not be able to deal with the death of my child from measles if I chose not to vaccinate, but the idea that a 2 month old baby died because I did not vaccinate my child is unbearable to consider.

Because it would be okay to you if your child died....or another child died because of your decision.

Diptheria breaks out in Rohingya refugee camps...
icon4.png

Rare Disease Finds Fertile Ground In Rohingya Refugee Camps
January 27, 2018 - Diphtheria poses one more threat to already beleaguered Rohingya refugees.
The outbreak started in the sprawling camps in Bangladesh in November soon after hundreds of thousands of Rohingya arrived. It appeared to have peaked around New Year's but now there is renewed concern as the potentially fatal disease continues to spread. "Yesterday was a very busy day for us," Dr. Andy Doyle said earlier this week at the Samaritan's Purse diphtheria treatment center in the Balukhali refugee camp. "We saw 117 patients come in to be screened [for diphtheria]. That's the most we've seen in any given day." Doyle is the medical director of the tented field hospital.

asj_npr_day3__17-56_custom-51a4054f44df8299be7bd19d1d9d2f1651dc35d4-s800-c85.jpg

Patients are treated at the Samaritan's Purse diphtheria clinic in the Balukhali Rohingya refugee camp in Chittagong district, Bangladesh.​

The waiting area, which is just some benches under a tarp roof, is jammed with people waiting to be checked for diphtheria. Doyle says it looks as if they could have a record number of patients for a second day in a row. Doyle and his team only treat diphtheria at this facility. So the very first thing the staff members do is screen the patient for the disease and make sure it's not just a bad cold. "[Diphtheria] is not something we see in the West," Doyle says of the airborne bacterial infection. "Most of us from the West that are working here never saw this disease until we got here a week or two ago. And now we're experts on it."

Diphtheria isn't seen in the West because almost everyone is vaccinated against it. Doyle says the disease turns out to be pretty easy to identify. The patients have high fever, a sore throat, often a runny nose and severe inflammation in the back of their throat. "Sometimes they get swelling in their necks, especially in the younger children, and their neck itself will get really big," he says. "It's called bull neck. And those are the signs that the airway is in impending danger. So that's what we look for." That's how diphtheria kills: The neck swells up and a membrane develops in the throat that blocks breathing.

As of the middle of January there'd been nearly 5,000 reported cases of diphtheria in the camps and 33 deaths. This is a far lower fatality rate than in past diphtheria outbreaks. That's probably because patients get access to health care quickly in the half a dozen clinics that have sprung up in the camps. Simple cases of diphtheria can be treated with antibiotics. But if the airway is in danger of being blocked, an anti-toxin is administered via an intravenous drip to wipe out a poison that the bacteria makes. But the anti-toxin has the potential to spark a fatal reaction.

MORE

Forum List

Back