Childhood toys you wished were still around for your kids...

I miss Jarts

jarts.jpg

Loved that game...even when I got one in the bare foot....stupid me for going barefoot. Didn't hurt TOO much tho.

Culture Menu

This is an important subject. Americans love toys. America is the hub of consumerism culture (i.e., Burger King).

Consumerism creates artifacts from just about anything and converts them into toys. A vintage Pioneer car tape deck on eBay now is considered a sacred toy.

Nothing can beat the classic 1980s Transformers robot toys and Star Wars action figures (i.e. Luke Skywalker).

This American fascination with toys makes me want to compare consumerism relics as toys in an imaginarium grudge match. I love that American movie "Toy Story" (1995).

My favorite childhood toys included WWF American wrestler action figures and Garbage Pail Kids trading cards.

:dance:

disney.jpg

transformers.jpg

Actually when I was young my family was poor. I asked my dad for something to wear and something to play with...he gave me a pair of overalls with the right pocket cut out.

Best childhood toys

1. A big pile of dirt
2. Soap Bubbles
3. Rubber ball
4. Cardboard Box
5. Crayons

My favorite toys always belonged to friends :) Actually, I did have one, a "Viper" from the original "Battlestar Galactica" series. Had a little red projectile that was spring-loaded in the nose.

Legos were my thing back in the day but of course they are still around. I do think that the sets that were made when I was a kid are better. :) :) :)

God bless you always!!! :) :) :)

Holly

New Topics

Forum List

Back